The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

8 Secs On Molt!? And On Lvl 3 Around 15?

Swarovsky

So in defense missions you dont...... move?

Haha had a good chuckle at this comment.

But in all seriousness I think he meant he doesn't want to re-cast again (hence moving).

To be honest though, I really wanted to make Saryn just for her Moult exploit (cast-once-never-again). Seems I'll be sticking with my Loki

=/ lol incredible, like 3 weeks playing i believe so, and now i just stopped o.O don't feel well with this change on Saryn since she was my main and the almost only one warframe i like. .... it could be a lil more idk. And the best thing is. i read the super nerf for Nyx that obviously was my 2nd warframe i like.. and now 1 day to get her but i dont want to "claim her" for now.. since i read all those stuff they talk in the other thread about her unique viable ability and its nerf now. 

HAHAHA... she is the only one I have potato'd.... >.>

the worst thing is, i potato'd my Saryn 1 day ago so happy because she worth it, and now i fully regret of doing that

Same for me...got it few days ago.. with plat i bought

So Saryn has what one useful skill now? They need to rework her kit, she's pretty much Mag level now.

Unfortunately. Actually, Mag has Saryn beat now -- each of Mag's abilities have multiple applications (Pull: stun enemies, yank downed allies to cover for rezzing, tear shields from guards / Bullet Attractor: Easier tanking on Bosses, doubles as an escape power) I'll probably ditch Moult now and see what else I can plug into her nuke with the refunded points. Has anyone worked out the formula for the damage bonus benefit by increasing the duration on Miasma? I'm divided between Focus and Continuity using the refunded points. If Venom caused infected enemies to slow (spasming muscles) and had a wider range, for example.

Continuity also effects Miasma, adding an extra tick and a longer stun.

15+30% Cont. is almost 20 seconds... Same duration as Ironskin, but half the cost. (For example)

Thanks!

In my opinion  Moult would still be worth it if you actually got HP back for using it, as would be thematically appropriate. Venom is incredibly weak and too situational (and requires a degree of finess to utilize effectively.) Contagion is powerful but for the cost and duration it is ineffectual when you can just hit all your targets with Miasma (which doubles as a stun) instead. Secondary effects are needed on all three of these auxiliary skills.

Edited by Exodess

Fellow Tenno,

remember the one truth about every patch - nothing is final. Remember when the HEK was godly, then got smacked to the ground? Woe was us. Then this patch came and the range was buffed again. Same for the Gorgon. Same for diverse abilities. Instead of proclaiming that the end is nigh, analyze what you have, put it in concise words and tell DE what you think.

I am sure it'll be touched upon again, just like Overload saw many iterations.

I think that DE want us to actually work on being powerful, you can easily reduce the cost of Moult with the Streamline mod and increase its duration with Continuity. Saryn really isn't that bad after this update. Just get some of the caster mods into her and she'll be better.

Im okay with the change back to a duration, I just think it should be as long or a little longer than Decoy.

Venom needs to be fixed in terms of spreading as a client with lag, as it is it's not even worth trying to shoot the spores as client unless they're also on a weak-spot you're shooting for anyways :)

Contagion needs a defensive aspect to put it on par with the other melee enhancing abilities - IS/Link, Invis/SS, Speed, and Overheat. I would suggest immunity to poison damage would work well and make a lot of sense for Infested levels, although it wouldn't be useful for other factions. Maybe fire for Grineer, and... leechers for Corpus?

As it is right now its only +damage, and it desperately needs a drastic (1/2 - 1/3) energy cost reduction. Right now you need to deal 100 regular melee damage per second for 22 seconds straight to make it more cost efficient for single target damage than Venom. Possible, but with the exception of some boss fights extremely unlikely.

Edited by Darzk

Fellow Tenno,

remember the one truth about every patch - nothing is final. Remember when the HEK was godly, then got smacked to the ground? Woe was us. Then this patch came and the range was buffed again. Same for the Gorgon. Same for diverse abilities. Instead of proclaiming that the end is nigh, analyze what you have, put it in concise words and tell DE what you think.

I am sure it'll be touched upon again, just like Overload saw many iterations.

Hey Ced23Ric i know, but understand me hehehe im in love with saryn, i startde to play as a Excalibur which i like too but, i wanted a new frame that not everyone uses, when i first saw Saryn i fell in love <3 and it makes me love this game more. but imagine you love a warframe and its almost the only thing that you wanna use, even you use your only potato on him/her and puff 2 days later..nerf, like you feel so bad and so useless.

Btw i am not saying that skill was being exploit, because yes it was! but i just found that they nerf so bad because i try to do infested mission till wave 5 soloing like i did before and damn! almost die at wave 5 because all i wasted was all my energy on the stupid Molt that disappear in like 8/10 seconds! and less because getting hit! i cant focus on putting molt, watching the crypod hp and saving my &amp;#&#33; at same time. If you know what i mean.

It's not about drama or something i just felt so bad..that i close the game and went to sleep, because evertything i do, feel useless. If i am in a team and cast contagion to throw my glaive. puff a friend already kill the mob, if i cast molt puff everyone is rushing so (i wasted the damn energy) and miasma with her low ratio --.-- ? that's why i use Reach mod. But now i don't have any space to put Continuity because i would need to sacrifice Flow/Focus/Stream/Vitality/Rush. which i need then all -.- 

I am very disappointed  about my Saryn because she have everything bug, and now molt nerf. so No point for use her anymore.

Edited by Swarovsky

You can't revive a teammate in 15 seconds or 30 if you required a second cast if you cast as you got into position?

Really?

Good to know.

The decoy doesnt last long since it gets shredded like paper.

No, you say the point there, Loki can cast decoy form far away i will need to run all the place to cast molt again all the time.. not good.

Like in defenses missions i cast molt run to kill then 15 secs "omfg the molt!" run all over the field to cast again? no thanks.

Im Ok with the limit time but not ok with 15 secs on lvl 3 that's all my opinion.

Last I checked though Molt is indestructible, unlike the Decoy which can be mowed down and killed ahead of it's timer.

If this is still correct they seem pretty comparably balanced to me.  An indestructible decoy for 8-15 seconds (or more with additional slotting) is an eternity if used correctly.

they should make lokis decoy and saryns molt invulnerable during its duration. just damn stupid to put down a molt/decoy which only lasts for some time and gets onehitted to death once you reach the higher defense waves.

either that or remove their duration and make them heal themselves...

Last I checked though Molt is indestructible, unlike the Decoy which can be mowed down and killed ahead of it's timer.

If this is still correct they seem pretty comparably balanced to me.  An indestructible decoy for 8-15 seconds (or more with additional slotting) is an eternity if used correctly.

Nope, Saryn molt have health and afaik it is really low health (so easy to destroyed)

I have no idea what's going on in this thread. It is practically in the same state of Loki's Decoy, and both of these are very helpful skills, only Decoy has Range and death for tactical play, and Molt has instant use and more health for a much faster and smoother escape / reliability.

I cannot even comprehend the expectations of half a minute from this skill, for 25 energy.

Am I missing something? Molt used to be just a few short seconds, then it became just absurdly unending, and now it can reach 15 and 20.

Even if I am missing some issues here, in the future when making such threads, please provide information rather than complaints. Just like Ced said, they might revisit the subject if you convince them to - not if you start carving Saryn's tombstone.

How was Molt at first? Energy cost, Equip cost, Duration, Effect, everything.

How was it after the huge buff?

How is it now, after the latest change? Don't just compare it to ITSELF, compare it to the rest of the game. If you want it to work differently than Decoy, come up with an effective and fair solution, don't just say: "I want to have decoy only much better because I like Saryn."

Try to Check, read, think, and write. In that order if possible.

Edited by Feam

=\ if the duration was 1.5-3 times the duration of decoy , i would be fine but now mult is  inferior to decoy.

ps loki is invulnerable for the duration of the decoy cast

I have no idea what's going on in this thread. It is practically in the same state of Loki's Decoy, and both of these are very helpful skills, only Decoy has Range and death for tactical play, and Molt has instant use and more health for a much faster and smoother escape / reliability.

I asked this in the other thread but didn't get an answer yet, but I was under the impression Loki's decoy had no life, just a time limit and was otherwise invincible, and I've seen nothing in game to contradict this, am I mistaken or are the people who keep saying molt has more life than decoy mistaken (since as far as I know decoy has no life to lose)?

Nope, Saryn molt have health and afaik it is really low health (so easy to destroyed)

I stand corrected then, my apologies.

Though, if Molt is vaporized so quickly...

Why does the 15 second timer matter at all for it's lifespan.  After all, it will be shredded before the time runs out apparently.

I asked this in the other thread but didn't get an answer yet, but I was under the impression Loki's decoy had no life, just a time limit and was otherwise invincible, and I've seen nothing in game to contradict this, am I mistaken or are the people who keep saying molt has more life than decoy mistaken (since as far as I know decoy has no life to lose)?

Decoy definitely has a health value Cr4p.  If you drop it into a pack of Grineer lancers it will die before it times out.

Yeah it certainly dies. I think I only realized that when it was simply smashed to pieces in one hit from Lech Kril's hammer, made it not too useful there.

These two skills really are fairly confusing, nobody knows which does what and how long do they ACTUALLY last.

Warframe could use some more transperancy I guess...

I stand corrected then, my apologies.

Though, if Molt is vaporized so quickly...

Why does the 15 second timer matter at all for it's lifespan.  After all, it will be shredded before the time runs out apparently.

Its incredible i cant even go to a mission til lwave 10 with 2 banshe and 1 ash....crypod at lvl 7 go down so fast in a open map.

and when i cast my lvl 3 molt run and when i look back ITS DEATH! i need to cast it again?! wasting al lmy energy only using molt in a defense mission so we can finish? NO! :(

i cant enjoy a single game Now using Saryn.

Edited by Swarovsky

I can agree to a certain extent to all of this, though I think majority of the thread is a bit unreasonable. 

I've made a Saryn about five days ago, and I've been playing nearly nonstop because I love her so much. I knew how Molt worked (putting it in untouchable areas), so I know how all Saryn users feel about it, though I've only found a good use for it in infestation alone since Grineers and Corpus crewmen could just shoot it down no matter where I put it. 

With the recent nerf, it's not that bad so to speak, it just requires a lot more setup to make it viable, which might be the core to the problem. If it were to have an extra 5 seconds added to the timer and a lot more health (indestructible even, though I don't see that happening considering her molt is...dead skin,) then it'll still be great. 

From my perspective, I definitely don't agree to an extent with this nerf, but I certainly won't quit or trash my Saryn over it. I still love her, and I have a superb amount of hope that DE will make Saryn users happy again. After all, they do listen to us. 

I can agree to a certain extent to all of this, though I think majority of the thread is a bit unreasonable. 

I've made a Saryn about five days ago, and I've been playing nearly nonstop because I love her so much. I knew how Molt worked (putting it in untouchable areas), so I know how all Saryn users feel about it, though I've only found a good use for it in infestation alone since Grineers and Corpus crewmen could just shoot it down no matter where I put it. 

With the recent nerf, it's not that bad so to speak, it just requires a lot more setup to make it viable, which might be the core to the problem. If it were to have an extra 5 seconds added to the timer and a lot more health (indestructible even, though I don't see that happening considering her molt is...dead skin,) then it'll still be great. 

From my perspective, I definitely don't agree to an extent with this nerf, but I certainly won't quit or trash my Saryn over it. I still love her, and I have a superb amount of hope that DE will make Saryn users happy again. After all, they do listen to us. 

My experience so far is you will wasted almost all you energy casting molt all over the field each time 8/10 secs pass.. so bad move there

Edit: BTW i do agree with the limit time, but i do not agree wiht 8 secs base and 14/15 upgraded

Edited by Swarovsky