Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Origin Stories: The First Of Them (Ch. 58: "Broken" Update)

ROSING

3 hours ago, ROSING said:

NEW CHAPTER OUT!!

Thanks, Penguin! 

There's a place for Miyoko and Hayden to be happy...it's a faraway place in the sky...also welcome to the thread mate!

...k. I don't know about the steak and gravy but apple juice sounds nice.

Welp, chapter 48: Recurrence is now out on Post #41 or on the google doc. Aung's motives, Roland's conflict, and Miyoko's fate. 

Questions for feedback:

Reveal hidden contents

What are your initial impressions of the Warframe, Firstborn? How do you find the dynamic between him and Miyoko?

I personally am really interested in this Firstborn character. I'm honestly hoping to dear god that Hayden is alive inside of him.

Also I dig the chemistry between Firstborn and Nemisis.

Also, sidenote, I had an idea of how equinox can be incorporated into the story. Hear me out: twin sisters with very different personalities that fused and now share control of one body. When one sister is in control, the other is completely unaware of what is going on. The only way to tell which sister is in control is by the eye color. Eventually, when they find a way to simultaneously control the body and the eyes are 2 different colors.

On 4/17/2017 at 5:58 PM, ljmadruga said:

I personally am really interested in this Firstborn character. I'm honestly hoping to dear god that Hayden is alive inside of him.

Also I dig the chemistry between Firstborn and Nemisis.

Also, sidenote, I had an idea of how equinox can be incorporated into the story. Hear me out: twin sisters with very different personalities that fused and now share control of one body. When one sister is in control, the other is completely unaware of what is going on. The only way to tell which sister is in control is by the eye color. Eventually, when they find a way to simultaneously control the body and the eyes are 2 different colors.

My man we are thinking along the same lines about Equinox. That was roughly the concept I had for her, but she won't be appearing this season.

Ideally I'd like to get these chapters out every week, but seeing as they've all been 6,000 words long as of late I've settled for getting them out every two weeks at the latest, so expectations-wise look for next week.

On 4/22/2017 at 1:43 PM, ljmadruga said:

With limbo coming soon, I NEED to know.

Are you using post rework limbo?

Also how does he emotionally handle being in control of an entire dimension?

Also, do people remember what happens to them if they are frozen in the rift?

I'm trying to use the most up to date version of abilities that Warframes use. Honestly though, I don't think I'll be able to get to Limbo. I've thought about what he would be like as a character, but I've mentioned earlier in this thread that this will likely be the last season.

5 hours ago, ljmadruga said:

How's the next chapter coming along? I hope you are doing well!

But yeah, next chapter is doing well, part of the lag time is also creating rough drafts for the next few chapters just to make sure I don't write myself off of a cliff. Look forward to this weekend!

NEW CHAPTER OUT!

Ask and you shall receive! Sorry I was getting slammed by a final over the weekend but I got this one out okay. Let me know if the quality suffered any.

Chapter 49: Deliberation, is now available on Post #41 or on the Google Doc. Nadia's past, the rise of the second generation, and an old rivalry.

Question for feedback:

Spoiler

How do you feel the relationship between Gregor and Kat is progressing?

Edited by ROSING

45 minutes ago, ROSING said:

Hide contents

How do you feel the relationship between Gregor and Kat is progressing?

Spoiler

Well... Kitty girl is getting over her shyness, and Gregor is going a lil' bit insane, but from my point of view... The relationship is interesting, especially when they'll take their time to talk it over.

Holy damn i have so much to catch up on...

Hi Rosing i haven't been playing Warframe over the last months so i haven't really gotten into the forums, i see you've written a lot so i'll get to reading as soon as i can.

Keep up the good work buddy

13 hours ago, Lankander said:

Holy damn i have so much to catch up on...

Hi Rosing i haven't been playing Warframe over the last months so i haven't really gotten into the forums, i see you've written a lot so i'll get to reading as soon as i can.

Keep up the good work buddy

Welcome back Lank, thanks! Yeah, Titanfall has been soaking up my gaming time more than Warframe recently. I'm pumped about the new priest frame though (and the bladed fans), and because of this project and other boredoms, I still haunt the forums a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, a quick update;

I was slammed by a whole bunch of IRL things these past two weeks, so I haven't been able to get much writing in. Will be gunning to get out a chapter by this weekend. Look for it!

Things are getting interesting.  Also, we animu now.

I was going to make a point about the Tenno acting like high schoolers but they got themselves together well enough. Good, good.

Kat is weak as a character.

Firstborn should be interesting and be an important character. Looking forward to seeing him in action.

Also, how do you define a person? If someone possessed a certain set of memories that shapes his.her perception, does the firstborn inheriting Hayden's make him a composite?

Interesting. Very interesting. Don't sink the boat now, Rosing.  

On 5/17/2017 at 7:21 AM, Evanescent said:

Things are getting interesting.  Also, we animu now.

I was going to make a point about the Tenno acting like high schoolers but they got themselves together well enough. Good, good.

Kat is weak as a character.

Firstborn should be interesting and be an important character. Looking forward to seeing him in action.

Also, how do you define a person? If someone possessed a certain set of memories that shapes his.her perception, does the firstborn inheriting Hayden's make him a composite?

Interesting. Very interesting. Don't sink the boat now, Rosing.  

Appreciate the feedback, Evan. I'll see what I can do about Kat and the ship in general

5 hours ago, ljmadruga said:

Where's the next chapter? Is everything ok?

...that is if I can actually find the time to write. Sorry guys, I overestimated how much time I would have last week, and the same goes for this weekend. Believe it or not, being home is actually keeping me busier than school, what with spending time with relatives I haven't seen in a while and helping with chores around the house. I apologize for promising for a chapter  this week and not being able to deliver. I'm really shooting and hoping for getting in the chapter by this week, but I can't make any guarantees. Thank you for being patient with me.

14 hours ago, ROSING said:

Appreciate the feedback, Evan. I'll see what I can do about Kat and the ship in general

...that is if I can actually find the time to write. Sorry guys, I overestimated how much time I would have last week, and the same goes for this weekend. Believe it or not, being home is actually keeping me busier than school, what with spending time with relatives I haven't seen in a while and helping with chores around the house. I apologize for promising for a chapter  this week and not being able to deliver. I'm really shooting and hoping for getting in the chapter by this week, but I can't make any guarantees. Thank you for being patient with me.

Alright! No problem! I live w/ my parents and go to uni along with a part time job at Disney. I totally understand.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...