Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Origin Stories: The First Of Them (Ch. 58: "Broken" Update)

ROSING

• 4 weeks later...

Phew. Soon's over now, right?

First of all, i don't know if I should be flattered that someone thinks I'm of the opposite sex, but just to get it out there, I am not a girl.

Secondly...hi.

There's really nothing I can say for myself but sorry. A lot's been happening, but I at least should have let you guys know what was going on. Although I don't have a lot of people following this story, I have some really awesome people following this story, and I have an obligation as a content creator to keep you informed, which I have failed at.

I could write another sappy, overly long story about all the other things that have been going on in the past few months, changes in my life that have made it hard to find time to write, the numerous gaping plot holes that I have to fill in the road ahead, but frankly there's only one thing you should be concerned about out of all this, and that's if I'm going to continue this story or not.

I am, actually. I don't intend on giving up, I don't intend on leaving you hanging. It's going to take some time, but I will give you a deadline.

November 1, new update for the story is going to come out. Hope it won't disappoint you. Thanks for keeping this post from being archived.

1 minute ago, ROSING said:

First of all, i don't know if I should be flattered that someone thinks I'm of the opposite sex, but just to get it out there, I am not a girl.

Secondly...hi.

There's really nothing I can say for myself but sorry. A lot's been happening, but I at least should have let you guys know what was going on. Although I don't have a lot of people following this story, I have some really awesome people following this story, and I have an obligation as a content creator to keep you informed, which I have failed at.

I could write another sappy, overly long story about all the other things that have been going on in the past few months, changes in my life that have made it hard to find time to write, the numerous gaping plot holes that I have to fill in the road ahead, but frankly there's only one thing you should be concerned about out of all this, and that's if I'm going to continue this story or not.

I am, actually. I don't intend on giving up, I don't intend on leaving you hanging. It's going to take some time, but I will give you a deadline.

November 1, new update for the story is going to come out. Hope it won't disappoint you. Thanks for keeping this post from being archived.

Ooooooh....the anticipation!

3 hours ago, ROSING said:

Secondly...hi.

Thought it was life getting in the way, don't worry take the time you need, when it is needed. 

Can't to see that update though. 

On 10/18/2017 at 10:36 AM, ljmadruga said:

Oh boy! I can’t wait! When I wrote that last comment, I was having a hard time with life in general. Sorry if that came across as overly negative.

Hey no problem, hope everything is going better for you now man.

• 2 weeks later...

New chapter out!

From here on, all chapters will be only available through Google Drive. Saves me a lot of time of trying to format 5000+ words into this forum every time I upload. Available in the link below: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oGL0NSoHnGzCoFbQAk10REj56PYQZvLvvutJHpW1YtE/edit?usp=sharing

Now more than ever, feedback is greatly needed. I haven't written anything worth reading in 4 months. Let me know how I'm doing!

Specific questions for feedback:

Spoiler

Any specific reactions regarding how the negotiation was handled?

How is Aung coming along as a character?

Stay tuned for the next one and thanks for reading!

Let me preface this... thing... by saying Happy 50th Chapter!

I cant imagine how the past 3-ish years have been for you, and I want to congratulate you for making the one of the finest Fanfictions I've ever read!

Now, onto the meat of the post.

I recently (as in two days ago) discovered, tried, and was helplessly enraptured by this fiction. Though (like the other old guard) you may have been off kilter about the true nature of the Tenno and Warframes, you owned the setting you had made for yourself; making it into something totally separate but equally enticing. I seriously don't know which I prefer more: the established Cannon (which mine own series is based on, more on that later), or your marvelous... well, I believe it's big enough now to be considered a whole AU!

However, I am not (exclusively) writing this to fanboy over your work, but to discuss it's similarity to mine. I DID NOT KNOW THIS EXISTED BEFORE I STARTED WRITING.

I just wanted to make that clear.

A little over three months ago, I posted a thread called "A study of the Children of The Void"; a spiritual successor to "Lab: 856416" by Sadisticnerd (yes I PM'd him over reddit to ask permission). The focus would be roughly the same (Frame of the week- Corpus antics- etc.) only rather than dissecting the frames, I would be studying the survivors of the Zariman (ie. the Children of the Void) through the lens of psychology as well as biology. I later asked my vast audience of four how they felt about me making a "prequel" of the children's time spent in the void; though now I see that option has been THOUROUGHLY covered by someone already. There really is nothing I could write better than you already have and continue to. I mean, I cant write in the actual "story" sense at all; only being able to write in Audio Log- style to any effective degree. What I came here to say, however, is that I really did not know this existed until recently, so please for give any similarities between our works. I would offer to stop, and avoid any further infringement, but I swore that I would finish it, no matter how draining it would be; for if even one person enjoyed my writing, I would not dare subject them to that awful feeling you get when you arrive too late to a dead project you love to help, but early enough to be heartbroken over the cancellation.

In conclusion: I love your work, and want you to know that our similarities are mere coincidence.

Cheers!

-Glory unto The Golden Empire

P.S. As for the feedback: negotiations went well, and I cant wait to see Nova and Nidus ;).

11 hours ago, Squidsy22 said:

Let me preface this... thing... by saying Happy 50th Chapter!

I cant imagine how the past 3-ish years have been for you, and I want to congratulate you for making the one of the finest Fanfictions I've ever read!

Now, onto the meat of the post.

I recently (as in two days ago) discovered, tried, and was helplessly enraptured by this fiction. Though (like the other old guard) you may have been off kilter about the true nature of the Tenno and Warframes, you owned the setting you had made for yourself; making it into something totally separate but equally enticing. I seriously don't know which I prefer more: the established Cannon (which mine own series is based on, more on that later), or your marvelous... well, I believe it's big enough now to be considered a whole AU!

However, I am not (exclusively) writing this to fanboy over your work, but to discuss it's similarity to mine. I DID NOT KNOW THIS EXISTED BEFORE I STARTED WRITING.

I just wanted to make that clear.

A little over three months ago, I posted a thread called "A study of the Children of The Void"; a spiritual successor to "Lab: 856416" by Sadisticnerd (yes I PM'd him over reddit to ask permission). The focus would be roughly the same (Frame of the week- Corpus antics- etc.) only rather than dissecting the frames, I would be studying the survivors of the Zariman (ie. the Children of the Void) through the lens of psychology as well as biology. I later asked my vast audience of four how they felt about me making a "prequel" of the children's time spent in the void; though now I see that option has been THOUROUGHLY covered by someone already. There really is nothing I could write better than you already have and continue to. I mean, I cant write in the actual "story" sense at all; only being able to write in Audio Log- style to any effective degree. What I came here to say, however, is that I really did not know this existed until recently, so please for give any similarities between our works. I would offer to stop, and avoid any further infringement, but I swore that I would finish it, no matter how draining it would be; for if even one person enjoyed my writing, I would not dare subject them to that awful feeling you get when you arrive too late to a dead project you love to help, but early enough to be heartbroken over the cancellation.

In conclusion: I love your work, and want you to know that our similarities are mere coincidence.

Cheers!

P.S. As for the feedback: negotiations went well, and I cant wait to see Nova and Nidus ;).

This gives me a lot of life. Thanks, Squidsy. And dawg, keep doing your own thing, don't worry about what else is out there! I definitely need to check out what you have written. And I would challenge you to push yourself to try doing traditional narrative form if it's something you've been meaning to do. We all start from somewhere, and from there it's all about the practice.

Glory.

Also, to not keep you guys in suspense, the next chapter is fixing to be released next Friday, Nov 17. Stay posted!

Edited by ROSING

• 2 weeks later...

New chapter: 51 out!

Ay, Tenno!

Hope you've been having a ball out there on the plains and its new glistening magnificence. Me, I'm just trying to farm charc eels and find devar to build Gara, and I can't get a single step anywhere without some damn spawn pod dropping next to me and vomitting chargers around me. Screen shake and mining does not go well together.

On the bright side, chapter 51: Recidivism, is now out on the google doc for your viewing pleasure: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1r5QZSieBgG1Vk9XrcoMFOIaQvGX4QJtY2bCXGShtwak/edit?usp=sharing

Also, I forgot to update the title, so some of you (as few as you are) may have passed over last chapter from two weeks ago, which @Squidsy22 so kindly pointed out was our 50TH CHAPTER!! Holy cannoli guys I cannot believe we've come this far. Thanks for sticking with me this long. Look forward to the next chapter, coming to a Warframe Forum near you two weeks from now on Friday, December 1st!

Questions for feedback:

Spoiler

Being Gregor is suffering?

Sho-lah! Back to fishing for me, it seems...

• 2 weeks later...

NEW CHAPTER: 52 Out!

Sup guys,

Hopefully I'll be able to finish my Zaw tonight after publishing this, I found myself doing some mad math trying to figure out the best components to pick. Also, anyone else hyped for Tennogen 11? Honestly I haven't had any previous designs catch my attention, but HARROW GRAXX THOUGH. The Trinity skin was pretty nice too.

Anyway, chapter 52: Minimum, is now available for your viewing pleasure in the google doc.

Questions for feedback:

Spoiler

How are the dynamics between characters like Miyoko and Cal coming along?

How is Nadia in terms of complexity as a character, and what is your perception of her character arc so far?

ORIGIN STORIES POPULARITY POLL!
Lastly, I thought this might be a fun thing as well as a way to gauge feedback in a different way, who is your favorite character in Origin Stories, and why do you like them? And if you want, who is your least favorite character in OS?

Catch you guys in another two weeks on December 15th for the next chapter!

As always good chapter.

Favorite character ? Why are you asking this ?! I love that cast as a whole ! Maybe with a little preference towards Melody and Koda because their evolution is very interesting, but overall I wouldn't make any choice in terms of who I prefer. So you bet it there's no least favorite.

Hmm. Tough question(s).

Personally, I think Kodas arc stagnated a bit after Rilia, but Melody has certain. fixed that. A little angsty, but necessary. All in all, though, a Favorite is hard to choose, but I feel Hayden needs props for all he did, and techniCally continues to do.

Oh, and Nadia is still a fabulous character; if easy to hate for spawning Nemesis.

Great work, as always :)

2 hours ago, fleeco1 said:

Just spent the last few days absolutely absorbed by this work, really really enjoyed it and can't wait for more! Awesome job!

Always makes my day to find I have a new reader. Glad you're enjoying the story, welcome!

And thanks for the responses, Cyriann, Squidsy. Good food for thought for me!

• 2 weeks later...

New chapter: 53 out!

I'm pretty pumped for the new Megalyst and Rainalyst. But you know what I'm even more pumped for? TENNOGEN. Like seriously, definitely buying the Harrow Graxx skin, but the other one that has my eye is the Trinity Knightess. That thing looks dope! Plus there are some sick great sword skins that'll go along with it. I was really sad they didn't mention it during the devstream.

I dunno if it's because these eidolon runs have me using Trinity more or if it's these next few chapters that are giving Victoria a bit more love, but I really can't wait to get that Knightess skin.

Anyway, Chapter 53: Link, is now available in the google docs: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1y6xLtHfegUpUNBjWv3jjaZxR0Wk0BUfreik_xEfjVM0/edit?usp=sharing

Questions for feedback:

Spoiler

The real star of the show of this chapter was Nadia. Boy this girl has given me some grief, but I think I've figured out a way to her heart. The question is, how is the execution of it? What are you thoughts on the pacing of Nadia's character arc this season?

Also going back to Victoria, how do you feel she's progressed as a character up to now?

Apologies for the late update. Will be taking some time off work to spend time with family next week, which will either mean I'll be getting a lot of writing done or no writing at all. Regardless, I'm still going to be shooting for December 29th as the next date for the chapter dropping. As always, thanks for reading, and please drop a comment to let me know how I'm doing! hit the bell Icon to subscribe, and leave a like if you enjoyed this video...

Well then: First off, Nadia is intriguing me more and more. I like the darker direction, not because "character growth for its own sake", but because it makes her distinct. Rillias death may have been a tragedy, but it was the best thing that could have happened to Koda as a character. In this case, Hayden "death" is the defining moment in the progression of both Miyoko as a leader, and Nadia as a hardened manipulator; challenging both to become callous soldiers, while maintaining their finer qualities of humanity and compassion. It's a hard pill to swallow, but it is a necessary and realistic quandary that people must face in darker times.

Second: I very much like how Victoria is shaping up. She feels incomplete et the moment, but is almost there; and there is certainly still room to develop before she becomes stale. I am interested to see how her relationships with Roland, Morgan, and Nadia develop in and after the Two-day window Nadia has been given develop.

All in all, marvelous work; as always!

I'm excited to see where you go with Nadia, I think that she could become one of the most powerful Tenno to be honest. Especially as she helps all the other Tenno work together and better. Its a really clever writing technique to use Nadia to explore other Tenno's powers as well, one that could be expanded on to great effect. Really enjoyed this one :) also looking forward to Cal absolutely tearing through Hind. I'm sure you have a better idea of the direction you want to take with that, however I am just hyped to read about an Technocyte enhanced Excalibur decimating some fools :D 

Awesome job as always, and enjoy your break :)

I’m interested to see how you introduce the focus schools.

Personally, the way I see it, the ones who discover the focus schools will discover the schools closely related to their abilities.

Nadia will discover the Naramon school’s abilities, as they mostly deal with the mind.

Roland will discover Vazarin as he is very gifted as a healer.

Rhino (crap I forgot his name) will discover Unairu after some soul-searching and bring out his ability to endure and survive anything

Limbo (please add him he is BEGGING for a duality of man/ apprentice magician arc) would discover Zenurik through somehow drawing energy directly to the normal plain from the void

Finally, Kat would discover Madurai after fully controlling her hysteria and discover a “hidden power” that, when focused, could increase the damage she deals allowing her to tear through the hills of ships in seconds.

On 12/23/2017 at 10:55 AM, ljmadruga said:

I’m interested to see how you introduce the focus schools.

Personally, the way I see it, the ones who discover the focus schools will discover the schools closely related to their abilities.

Nadia will discover the Naramon school’s abilities, as they mostly deal with the mind.

Roland will discover Vazarin as he is very gifted as a healer.

Rhino (crap I forgot his name) will discover Unairu after some soul-searching and bring out his ability to endure and survive anything

Limbo (please add him he is BEGGING for a duality of man/ apprentice magician arc) would discover Zenurik through somehow drawing energy directly to the normal plain from the void

Finally, Kat would discover Madurai after fully controlling her hysteria and discover a “hidden power” that, when focused, could increase the damage she deals allowing her to tear through the hills of ships in seconds.

Haven't thought of the focus schools yet, but this is definitely a good idea to think about if I ever do get to them. I do think a lot about if there's anything I can do to bridge the gap between canon and my stories, but at this point I'm focused (no pun intended) on delivering the best story I can first and foremost.

And unfortunately, in accordance with that, I didn't get as much writing as would've hoped for this week, so I'm pushing back the release of Chapter 54 to January 5th. Until then, happy new year, everyone, hope you got that memeing strike you asked for from Santa.