The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ooc/q&a/recruiting]The Setup, Redux & The Lounge

SpaceHelicopters

*Suddenly, a Wild Umbra takes to the stage*

Where have all the good bars gone, and where are all the beans?
Where's the streetwise Hersheys to sell the stuff I need?
Every night, I toss and I turn and I dream of what i neeeeeeeed...

Hit it, Jonsey!
*Facedesk*

I NEED SOME CHOCOLATE! I NEED SOME CHOCOLATE TO GET ME THROUGH THE NIGHT!
IT'S GOTTA BE SMOOTH, IT'S GOTTA BE WHITE AND IT'S GOTTA BE FRESH FROM THE VOID!

*Whacks Umbra over the head with a Jat Kittag and doesn't stop until his legs are broken* STOP BUTCHERING THAT SONG!

apologies for any inconvenience, I just really wanted to do this back in the Corpus Prison Rp spacey did awhile back. I already forgot the name.
Basically, I wanted Umbra to sing a parody of 'Holding out for a Hero' involving Orokin-era white chocolate. He's kinda addicted to the stuff (i don't know how, I lost all sense of logic with the bastard.)

That is all.

Edited by Ghost333

SpaceHelicoptor is simply busy with IRL stuff right now, just be patient and don't pester him.

He popped on a few times since the application so I wasn't sure if he caught it or not. Tried to provide a link to it simply for his convenience.

Not trying to be a bother, just excited to possibly be a part of this RP.

Edited by Rehtael7

He popped on a few times since the application so I wasn't sure if he caught it or not. Tried to provide a link to it simply for his convenience.

Not trying to be a bother, just excited to possibly be a part of this RP.

However pure your intents may be, you are coming on a bit strong. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and chock it up to excitement on your end, but the message I'm getting from you right now is that you lack the patience required for this Rp. Ask anyone here and they'll tell you just how important patience is to this Rp; with the sheer volume of people here, the story tends to crawl along at a snail's pace, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. It gives our encounters much more detail and character.

And just as the others have told you, I'm currently busy with projects that, though I'm quickly putting them down (Almost done, victory is at hand!). But even I I wasn't busy, I wouldn't approve you immediately anyways. You see, I put applicants through an observation period while I analyze their OC's. It's my way of sorting out those who possess real interest as opposed to on-sight interest, as well as seeing how they interact with the others.

Everyone here has done their time waiting in limbo, and some still are because they missed a key post of mine here directed towards them *Cough*Cough*. 

As I've said to most applicants, kick off your shoes and stay awhile, no need to be in a hurry because all of this happens in it's own time. Like any Op worth their salt, I keep a close eye on my threads and keep up with the those gathered here. 

Now before I go, how about an OC question to lighten the mood?

While flying over the Bermuda Triangle on their way to Cambria, your OC's ship succumbs to the mysterious magnetic field and plummets, crashing onto a remote island in the middle of nowhere and stranding them with no way of contacting help.

As time ticks by and your OC gradually loses their sanity, what inanimate object from the remains of their ship do they make into a silent (or perhaps vocal at this point) companion?

Alright, back to work, Spacey, you spent way more time on this post than you should've. ;n;

However pure your intents may be, you are coming on a bit strong. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and chock it up to excitement on your end, but the message I'm getting from you right now is that you lack the patience required for this Rp. Ask anyone here and they'll tell you just how important patience is to this Rp; with the sheer volume of people here, the story tends to crawl along at a snail's pace, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. It gives our encounters much more detail and character.

And just as the others have told you, I'm currently busy with projects that, though I'm quickly putting them down (Almost done, victory is at hand!). But even I I wasn't busy, I wouldn't approve you immediately anyways. You see, I put applicants through an observation period while I analyze their OC's. It's my way of sorting out those who possess real interest as opposed to on-sight interest, as well as seeing how they interact with the others.

Everyone here has done their time waiting in limbo, and some still are because they missed a key post of mine here directed towards them *Cough*Cough*. 

As I've said to most applicants, kick off your shoes and stay awhile, no need to be in a hurry because all of this happens in it's own time. Like any Op worth their salt, I keep a close eye on my threads and keep up with the those gathered here. 

While flying over the Bermuda Triangle on their way to Cambria, your OC's ship succumbs to the mysterious magnetic field and plummets, crashing onto a remote island in the middle of nowhere and stranding them with no way of contacting help.

As time ticks by and your OC gradually loses their sanity, what inanimate object from the remains of their ship do they make into a silent (or perhaps vocal at this point) companion?

Alright, back to work, Spacey, you spent way more time on this post than you should've. ;n;

I understand. I've had the patience for Equinox and Wukong and Ivara, so I'll control myself for this.

To answer the question, Orina would lose her mind quickly without other people to inflict pain on. The isolation wouldn't be nearly as much of a problem as the lack of targets. Rather than latch onto any of her possessions, Orina would sooner break them to desperately grasp at any sense of having caused destruction or pain. In time, Orina would most likely resort to self-mutilation if not outright suicide from the sheer emptiness, using Trinity's blessing to repair the wounds should she choose the former. Of course, this is with the assumption that with the destruction of her Liset, her Odonata Prime was destroyed as well, otherwise she'd simply swim to the nearest continent and clear out Grineer until another Tenno could rescue her. Or maybe kill a few thousand Grineer more before attempting an S.O.S.

PS, Sorry for the extra posts, my anxiety got the better of me and I was feeling that chatroom syndrome, where a post you make gets pushed so far back you're not sure if the person it was intended for saw it.

Edited by Rehtael7

I understand. I've had the patience for Equinox and Wukong and Ivara, so I'll control myself for this.

To answer the question, Orina would lose her mind quickly without other people to inflict pain on. The isolation wouldn't be nearly as much of a problem as the lack of targets. Rather than latch onto any of her possessions, Orina would sooner break them to desperately grasp at any sense of having caused destruction or pain. In time, Orina would most likely resort to self-mutilation if not outright suicide from the sheer emptiness, using Trinity's blessing to repair the wounds should she choose the former. Of course, this is with the assumption that with the destruction of her Liset, her Odonata Prime was destroyed as well, otherwise she'd simply swim to the nearest continent and clear out Grineer until another Tenno could rescue her. Or maybe kill a few thousand Grineer more before attempting an S.O.S.

>tfw we ended up with an Ork painboy for our medic

Hexer has an ironclad will, and things such as insanity don't bother him as much.

Plus it's nice and quiet, which means his thoughts are in full swi-OH DEAR GOD.
*Quickly begins assembling a boat from various wreckage to GTFO*

Umbra'd magically assemble (build with nanites) a broken volleyball with a red handprint on it, just for kicks.

- Long cut-

Arthas would make a makeshift sword and make that his "companion".

Fang wouldn't lose his sanity, since he is pretty much "insane and sick" (almost all the time). However, if he had to choose, he would choose the closest skull from a dead animal or something similar.

Erida would talk to her "insane" side of herself and she would do it out loud.

Luna would talk to plants....yup, just plants.

>tfw we ended up with an Ork painboy for our medic

She's based on the realization I had a while back that the original Trinity must have been a black-hearted sadist.

Ability 1: Repair your victim's broken body and immobilize them, then replenish yourself by inflicting pain unto them.

Ability 2: Immobilize the victim with sheer pain, and draw energy from it.

Ability 3 (This one is more sado-masochistic, but you get the point): Reflect a portion of the pain you suffer back at nearby targets.

Ability 4: Heal your teammates, but the effect is stronger the more pain they're in.