Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Team Ability Combine

Adder9

This idea cropped up in my cluttered brain this morning, aimed at making teamwork much more fun and rewarding. The idea is that the different abilities of diverse warframes could combine to make greater effects, promoting team synergy. 

A few examples:

Electricity travels through water, so volt's shock and/or overload could combine with hydroid's tempest barrage/tidal surge/undertow to deal high amounts of additional electricity damage to targets within the area of hydroid's effect.

Fire burns hotter with air, so zephyr's turbulence could combine with ember's fire blast to create a larger, hotter fire, dealing increased heat damage as well as creating a circle of deflection. Also, a tornado could have fireball cast on it to create a flaming tornado.

Nyx invades the enemies minds, while valkyr outright terrifies them, so nyx's chaos could combine with valkyr's warcry to make enemies flee in panic.

The idea here is to diversify the playing experience of team play while rewarding players for cooperation and creativity. 

Thoughts/suggestions/feedback?

EDIT:

another idea: Volt's overload could combine with zephyr's tornado to create a sort of thunderstorm.

Edited by Adder9

Sounds like a great idea. In addition to what you listed, any frames that use basic elemental attacks should be able to combine them just like they ombine on weapons. Ember sets someone on fire then volt shocks them while they are burning= extra pulse of radiation damage etc.

The idea is pretty good. Although it's pretty hard to make it not annoying for both players involved and balanced between all warframes (so there wouldn't be 3-4 super combos everyone uses, and other combos/warframes just being ignored)

For example even your Chaos + Warcry idea while it's not a bad idea it might be a problem, because it removes the basic effect of Chaos (enemies shooting each other) also makes enemies run away which makes you go after them, and since Warcry emphasises melee it might create another problem. Also Nekros basicaly does the same with Terrify.

Overload + Tornado or Fire Blast + Turbulence sounds pretty good though.

+1 to this idea anyways, I might suggest a few ideas myself at some point, I've been creating a list of possible single warframe combos for the past week in my thread, so I had some multi-frame combo ideas as well, I just need to remember them...

I have one for now:

Snow Globe (Frost) + Well of Life (Trinity)

Trinity casts Well of Life on Snow Globe, damage caused to Snow Globe by enemy bullets restores health of allies inside it.

Edited by (PS4)Gaelic-_-Flame

The idea that I proposed definitely needs some polishing, that's for sure, and technical issues like range needed to combine, or what if players don't want to combine, etc. would need to be solved. Basically, by making sure any combine is at base an improvement I think most negative externalities can be avoided. I like the healing snow globe idea.

As far as chaos + warcry, perhaps paralysis could be used instead, with the enemies fleeing once the stun duration ends. Alternatively, in the original form, it would be most advantageous for the valkyr player to cast warcry as the chaos effect is ending, so that the enemies all run away before shooting the players again. 

Just thinking...

I also see potential for lots of Vauban + Volt or Mag combos, but nothing concrete yet. I guess it's obvious which 4 frames I play as.

Really? Which ones?

All elemental frames (Ember, Frost, Saryn, Volt, Oberon for Radiation) have an augment for their first ability that allows them to use it on allies for added elemental damage. It's only so-so for Ember and Frost, though, since their first is splash damage and you don't always hit the desired target.

Edited by Bibliothekar

There have actually been many threads asking for such synergy and in fact at one point there was such synergy in the game. Previously Mag could cast Bullet Attractor on targets and then Excalibur could RJ in close and all javelins would strike a single target doing MASSIVE damage. Then it was removed because it was deemed too op.

All elemental frames (Ember, Frost, Saryn, Volt, Oberon for Radiation) have an augment for their first ability that allows them to use it on allies for added elemental damage. It's only so-so for Ember and Frost, though, since their first is splash damage and you don't always hit the desired target.

I'm aware of these, but those really aren't teamwork synergies that combine the powers of 2 or more warframes. I guess if these did more they would do the trick, but they really don't do all that much in terms of elemental/power combinations.

I'm aware of these, but those really aren't teamwork synergies that combine the powers of 2 or more warframes

Ah, wait ... unless they broke it, the Tornado thing is already in the game, too. Although it's easier to just use your weapon to "charge" them with another elemental.