Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should All Factions Have A Nullifier Equivalent Or Just The Corpus?

CrazyCatLad

The Nullifiers still scream as a knee-jerk attempt to punish players for using powers, rather than add an actually fun, interesting enemy types.  Nullifiers are either overly threatening for what they are (at the highest level of insanity) or incredibly boring (at all other levels) wastes of time that break up Warframe's flow.

I don't necessarily think the goal was to punish power users, but their design needs to be tweaked to favor fun and actual challenge as opposed to breaking the flow of the game.  Until such a time as this occurs, they absolutely should not be adding more of them.  Even once Nullifiers are fixed, they should still remain Corpus as it is the only faction that Nullifiers fit.

Also this. Knee-jerk seems like the appropriate description.

I want something a little more interesting then "everyone has this" or "everyone has that", if were ganna give something too the Grinner or other factions give them something either just as scary but different and unique.

An infested with a nullifier.....ya that would make me laugh, then seeing 10 at once would make me run.

Edited by Monybags33

I want something a little more interesting then "everyone has this" or "everyone has that", if were ganna give something too the Grinner or other factions give them something either just as scary but different and unique.

An infested with a nullifier.....ya that would make me laugh, then seeing 10 at once would make me run.

Infested nullifiers technically already exist, they are just called ancient healers. Try say....using an excal ult on a group of enemies under their buff. What's that? You're doing zero damage? Working as intended heh

I have posted a completely different proposal for Nullifiers, inspired in Nova's MP skill. 

Nullifier Prime would be cast in a manner similar to molecular prime - but with much less range.

NP would add an energy shield to enemies, and powers would erode this shield based on how many energy points were used to cast the power - power strength doesn't matter, and streamline makes the power weaker for this purpose.

It would be interesting because it would give one advantage to less efficiency, and make more efficiency less good.

Enemies would have a cap on how much shield points can be accumulated on successive casts of NP, which I propose 2 * enemy level. 

This would make it much more manageable/interesting to counter nullifiers, since their power would be relative to the Tenno's, not a complete multiply-by-zero as currently is. 

I have posted a completely different proposal for Nullifiers, inspired in Nova's MP skill.

Nullifier Prime would be cast in a manner similar to molecular prime - but with much less range.

NP would add an energy shield to enemies, and powers would erode this shield based on how many energy points were used to cast the power - power strength doesn't matter, and streamline makes the power weaker for this purpose.

It would be interesting because it would give one advantage to less efficiency, and make more efficiency less good.

Enemies would have a cap on how much shield points can be accumulated on successive casts of NP, which I propose 2 * enemy level.

This would make it much more manageable/interesting to counter nullifiers, since their power would be relative to the Tenno's, not a complete multiply-by-zero as currently is.

This seems like a worse idea. Does this shield drain if im using a purely cc ability? Or only if Im using a damage ability. Having no CC == your team is pretty #*($%%@ in endgame Edited by cyrus106

well when you are facing lv60 and above, when they come in packs with tons of tons of mobs inside their bubbles and constantly running away and hide from you meanwhile using high damage sniper, it becomes a problem

well when you are facing lv60 and above, when they come in packs with tons of tons of mobs inside their bubbles and constantly running away and hide from you meanwhile using high damage sniper, it becomes a problem

Okay, here's what you're saying, "I want to be able to use one weapon for all enemies"

*edit : wrong response from me

Every enemies are a problem at lvl 60. their bubbles doesnt get stronger at lvl 60, they can still be taken down.

Sometimes you have to either get creative or get effective.

Take out your secondary & start shooting at the bubble, they're not that strong. 

Considering the fact that you can play endless missions until you reach lvl 60 enemies, means you have a way of surviving(invis/turbulence/whatever it is). 

Different weapons are effective for different scenarios, this is the fact. 

I solo T4 survival up to 40 min daily (for loki prime parts which i still havent get for 2 months), I know i'm going to face those nullifiers, I will always bring either a rapid-fire/burst-fire weapon on one of my loadout. 

There are also an option of taking some distance from the target, you don't always have to face them head on.

Edited by Veridantus

Okay, here's what you're saying, "I want to be able to use one weapon for all enemies"

Take out your secondary & start shooting at the bubble, they're not that strong.

Considering the fact that you can play endless missions until you reach lvl 60 enemies, means you have a way of surviving(invis/turbulence/whatever it is).

Different weapons are effective for different scenarios, this is the fact.

I solo T4 survival up to 40 min daily (for loki prime parts which i still havent get for 2 months), I know i'm going to face those nullifiers, I will always bring either a rapid-fire/burst-fire weapon on one of my loadout.

There are also an option of taking some distance from the target, you don't always have to face them head on.

Sometimes you have to either get creative or get effective.

I agree with you for the most part. However me and my squad got to 3 hours in survival using plenty of strategy even with nullifiers. Eventually however, 25 frost nullifiers poured into the room and raped everyone. Seems legit.

Conclusion: Their spawn rate is too dang high

Edited by cyrus106

I agree with you for the most part. However me and my squad got to 3 hours in survival using plenty of strategy even with nullifiers. Eventually however, 25 frost nullifiers poured into the room and raped everyone. Seems legit.

Conclusion: Their spawn rate is too dang high

Dude... 3 hours into survival, you kinda expect things to get screwed.. 

Edited by Veridantus

like someone said take away their 1 shotting ability and i wouldn have so much of a problem with nullfiers. that's arguably the one thing that makes them that much more frustrating. hell not even bombards and Napalms cause that much grief than a 1-shotting &#! hat hiding behind his bubble.

Main problem with nullifiers in their current incarnation is that they simply fill too many roles for one enemy. Okay, they block powers so dudes don't trivialize lower-level content by spamming ultimates, whatever. Suggests a deeper problem with energy mechanics and the game as a whole, but whatever.

No, they absorb rounds too (and from all directions) and hit hard, which is a bigger problem. Particularly since it overlaps with/renders redundant the role of "Coming Soon™" enemies like the Riot Moa that we actually voted for last May. There's no need for a second "mobile bunker" enemy; it's superfluous - if we're going to have one, I'd much rather it be the far more balanced one we literally asked for almost a year ago.

The other factions already have enemies that effectively fill those roles or they're unnecessary once you go high enough; Healers/Disruptors in the Infested, and Grineer armor scaling results in most damage abilities being of questionable use as-is.

Not really, Im sure I could hit 6 hours if nullifiers didnt spawn so damn much. Mag's infinite damage scaling ftw

Honestly, the whole point of the nullifier is to make the whole thing more of a challenge.

& it looks to me like it's working properly. 

Also, how the hell do you get to 3 hours?

Most enemies one-shot you by the 1st hour (how do you increase survivability?),

Mag's scalable damage only works with shield (do you only use it on the void corpus/MOA?)

Honestly, the whole point of the nullifier is to make the whole thing more of a challenge.

& it looks to me like it's working properly. 

Also, how the hell do you get to 3 hours?

Most enemies one-shot you by the 1st hour (how do you increase survivability?),

Mag's scalable damage only works with shield (do you only use it on the void corpus/MOA?)

I really don't find they make the game more challenging. They just render frame choice and power useless and pointless, turning WarGUNS even more into a mainstream, second rate shooter where the only thing that matters is your weapon choice.

Nullifiers don't require strategic gameplay, they don't require teamwork, they don't require THINKING on our part. They're just a thinly veiled attempt at preventing 4 spam. And they fail even there!

The only thing they succeed at is removing options from our hands and make "brain dead shooting" and "suicide melee attack" the only two options.

I understand that it's hard to make things... hard, without making them feel cheap or lazy, but for me the nullifiers are just terribad, idea and design wise.

This seems like a worse idea. Does this shield drain if im using a purely cc ability? Or only if Im using a damage ability. Having no CC == your team is pretty #*($%%@ in endgame

The shield would drain area effect CC by gradually losing power and removing duration. the power would lose duration, making it expire 2x as fast if a NP subject is over it, 3x as fast if 2 NP subjects are on it, 4 x as fast if 3 NP are on it. Each second passed inside the area CC would remove 1 point from the NP shield.