The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is That A Liset In Star Trek?

VioDuskar

Yup. DE worked on the JJverse Star Trek, and the Darkness 2, they put in some work on Bioshock 1 and 2, and of course Unreal, and Unreal Tournament. Dark Sector was originally, way, way back going to be a expansion of the Unreal Tournament universe. Some space bounty hunter game. Things may have changed some by the time they got around to make there tech demo, and thats when things started not go there way and we ended up with the flawed, but still fun Dark Sector we have today.

Yup. DE worked on the JJverse Star Trek, and the Darkness 2, they put in some work on Bioshock 1 and 2, and of course Unreal, and Unreal Tournament. Dark Sector was originally, way, way back going to be a expansion of the Unreal Tournament universe. Some space bounty hunter game. Things may have changed some by the time they got around to make there tech demo, and thats when things started not go there way and we ended up with the flawed, but still fun Dark Sector we have today.

I saw that original concept video and it blew my mind.

Warframe 0.1

i didn't know DE worked on unreal tournament 2004! i loved that game! in fact i think i still have the cd somewhere in storage

DE actually started Unreal, and Epic joined them to co-produce the game. Epic, already being an established company garnered most of the profile for the game. But, DE was at nearly every step of Unreal through Unreal Tournament. In fact, Dark Sector was, at a time, intended as sequel or spiritual successor to Unreal Tournament.

6 min mark for History of Unreal: