Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do You Notice Something Interesting With This Picture?

RainDreamer

Alright let's just address this because I feel terrible and anxious and regret even getting involved in this without calming myself down before responding

The person who turned it into a "social battlefield" was the one who accused someone else of being transphobic simply because others didn't think the character was transgender.

That isn't what I said at all. I never accused anyone specifically of being transphobic here. And it's definitely not "simply because x"; it's a bit more complicated than that. But you know. the oversimplification of my anger is kinda. hm. nvm that though.

Anyways; one quote from me is: "various subtly transphobic bs". key word there is subtly. I should have been a bit more clear on what I meant by that, but basically what I had meant in saying that is a lot of the remarks thrown out were in fact transphobic (some of which were subtle), be it the persons intentions or not (yes, it is possible to say something transphobic without intending it to be meant that way. It happens all the time, and it happened more than a few times in this thread). Fleshing out my arguments and saying everything that is currently on my mind is not my strongsuit, especially in situations where I'm extremely uncomfortable with the things people were saying. I wasn't accusing people themselves of being transphobic, I was accusing their comments and responses of being transphobic. Not every response and comment, mind you. And it wasn't because they didn't think the character was trans, it was because of the words they said, and the implications behind some of them. I was not saying everyone who disagreed with the theory was transphobic. If that's what you got out of that, then yes, maybe my wording was bad (it usually is), but do understand that is not what I was trying to say at all, and I was getting a bit upset with how some people were discussing this and I lashed out without thorougly thinking my responses through. I do that a lot. I have little control over myself at times.

So yeah. maybe this clears something up? maybe it's more garbled nonesense that you need a translator to understand? who knows. point is: I wanted to clear some stuff up, and I apologize.

To be fair, there are quite a few upsetting things being said,a few idiotic things, a few ignorant things, and a few sad things, but I just face palm my way through and move on. Not everyone can handle that though, so please excuse that person. It is kind of tough when you hear that a lot and it hurts you personally. Not everyone has the resolve to swallow that. And not everyone has the self-discipline to not lash out at the next person who utter such words, even if that person means harm or not. We are human.

I appreciate this response. I most definitely do not have the resolve or self-control haha. Thank you, though. Happy to see that someone understood at least some of my anger/the fact that not everyone can handle things well. I'm probably wording that wrong but that's the best way I can think of putting that sentence.

Edited by Soup2504

Alright let's just address this because I feel terrible and anxious and regret even getting involved in this without calming myself down before responding

-post-

*hugs* it is alright. Thanks for having my back. *sings Let it go* *get shot for singing Let it go*

Edited by RainDreamer

I'm not certain what that is but I doubt it's a nod to the trans community. I would figure any LGBT references would be a little more... tactful?... than a... uh... 'suit boner.' It's probably just a piece of the suit somehow.

I say this as a fully sympathetic member of the LGBT community. And for what it's worth I'm sorry for the more casual transphobia you might be seeing in this thread, but I doubt a lot of it is intentional. Gaming communities are rarely known for their tact.

Please don't get too upset about this. I'm sure the comments from other users you are mentioning were not intended to be insulting, nor should they be taken as an insult. Trust me when I say that nobody is bothered about what gender Maroo is. It was just a joke.

I'm not certain what that is but I doubt it's a nod to the trans community. I would figure any LGBT references would be a little more... tactful?... than a... uh... 'suit boner.' It's probably just a piece of the suit somehow.

I say this as a fully sympathetic member of the LGBT community. And for what it's worth I'm sorry for the more casual transphobia you might be seeing in this thread, but I doubt a lot of it is intentional. Gaming communities are rarely known for their tact.

Hey, thanks for the first post on my thread. =p

And I do think it is unlikely in the first place too, having a representation for transgender people like that.

But it was funny to make that connection and drawing attention to it, and it does make people seriously think. And maybe one day we will have a more tactful LGBT character, maybe? And maybe it may start from here? Well, at least I can dream, can't I?

In any case, Maroo got her ops at last on the latest hotfix. ;)

Please don't get too upset about this. I'm sure the comments from other users you are mentioning were not intended to be insulting, nor should they be taken as an insult. Trust me when I say that nobody is bothered about what gender Maroo is. It was just a joke.

Pretty much this.

Kind of regret they 'fixed' Maroo's body model though. It would have been an interesting and bold step from DE to show that in the future setting of Warframe, sexual orientation and sexual identity was no longer an issue or rather, no longer one that required people to debate over it.