Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reverb 2.0 And Soma Prime

Rec7A

In addition, on the Reverb 2.0 just rolled out with the last update 15.3

Soma Prime fireshoots sounds now really weak (suppressed like) in close environments.

The difference between the open and close environment are just too much and inappropriate.

Can you fix it quickly DE? PLIZ!!!

THX IN ADVANCE!!!

Edited by Rec7Armrud

This is awesome, and by the way, let me just say... The sound improvements actually have blown my mind.  Granted, I do use a THX speaker w/ subwoofer on my PC that is pretty high quality.  Those of you not noticing the changes, there must be some reason for this, as it is literally "impossible" to not notice, for me at least.

It is absolutely night and day for me and I honestly can't believe how much more awesome it has made the gameplay and just increased my awareness of when bullets are whizzing by me on the left or right etc... the reverb in certain areas is really awesome.  

Great job!  Looking SO forward to this hitting consoles!  :-)

Audio work needs to be stepped up to be competitive to other games. Just because you don't get the daily reports of things gone wrong, doesn't mean you aren't contributing to them.

I enjoy our audio team being cheerful and happy. On the other hand I would enjoy them to actually do some professional work. Please step up your game before I call you lazy.

Audio work needs to be stepped up to be competitive to other games. Just because you don't get the daily reports of things gone wrong, doesn't mean you aren't contributing to them.

I enjoy our audio team being cheerful and happy. On the other hand I would enjoy them to actually do some professional work. Please step up your game before I call you lazy.

What kind of comment is this? The sound is fine, and the audio team is fine.

This is awesome, and by the way, let me just say... The sound improvements actually have blown my mind.  Granted, I do use a THX speaker w/ subwoofer on my PC that is pretty high quality.  Those of you not noticing the changes, there must be some reason for this, as it is literally "impossible" to not notice, for me at least.

It is absolutely night and day for me and I honestly can't believe how much more awesome it has made the gameplay and just increased my awareness of when bullets are whizzing by me on the left or right etc... the reverb in certain areas is really awesome.  

I can't hear a difference though :c

What kind of comment is this? The sound is fine, and the audio team is fine.

[...]

The sound is awful and any sound engineer should be ashamed what they did to the Lotus voice. I can't even show the game to my audio engineer friends without them getting a laughing fit. They tell me they "don't know where to start".

I recently got a logitech 5.1 surround sound headset and OMG the new sounds are so amazing, its super easy now to position enemies by sound alone!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still getting an audio bug with the soma Prime in closed areas such as hallways it sounds like an air gun, but in out side areas like ones on Neptune it sounds like how it used to sound before reverb.

The next major update should address this.  We have been tweaking the new reverb settings considerably and reverb 2.1 will improve things.

I'm still getting an audio bug with the soma Prime in closed areas such as hallways it sounds like an air gun, but in out side areas like ones on Neptune it sounds like how it used to sound before reverb.

I actually like it more suppressed rather than the childrens' firecrackers sound of the normal Soma, but i never tried the Soma Prime before the reverb update went live, which i also like very much, so i cannot really compare them.

Edited by perfectStranger

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Updates running and still no fix for the original problem !

We just wish the original same fire sound of somas in all area type.

To be honest, new soma sound is massiv and powerfull when you are in opened areas. I can clearly feel reverb effect on it, instead in game audio reverb setting is off.

But in closed areas somas sounds are again incoherent, really too much suppressed, like said OoZE_23147 : ” it sounds like an air gun ”.

With this sound rework now its sounds like an BIG air gun.

Why this problem occurred only in the somas and not to all others weapons ?

Why change the original sound ?

Why do not give us the possibility to disable the effect location on weapons ?

Anyway, thx for all others fix and for all your work !

Best !

Edited by Rec7Armrud