The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Most Cpu-Heavy Settings In Warframe

Glitchesarecool

Hello all. 

Warframe is the only game in my library that pushes my CPU temperatures above 60. I've tried moving fans around, tweaking launcher settings, and turning on or off some different graphical settings, yet my CPU still hits 64 during missions. I've unparked all the cores, which has had no effect, but I'm still going above what I consider to be a reasonable temperature for long periods of time. 

As a general question for other individuals looking to reduce the stress on the CPU, what launcher/in game settings have the biggest CPU loads incurred with them. Current system stats below. 

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (running the game in 64-bit mode)

RAM: 8 Gig generic

CPU: AMD FX-8320 Eight-core

GPU: NVIDIA XFX Geforce GTX 960

Motherboard: Asus M5A99X Evo R2

SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb

Current settings below. Thank you for your help.

http://i.imgur.com/ZkzkPRD.png

Edited by Glitchesarecool

What kind of cooler are you using on your CPU? Are you using a stock cooler or an aftermarket cooler?

AMD Stock Coolers are notorious for not being very good at keeping the CPU cool, and on the other hand aftermarket coolers may not perform well if thermal compound (i.e. Arctic Silver) was applied incorrectly. Also air coolers won't work well if there's inadequate air flow across the heatsink fins, so make sure that anything obstructing airflow (cables, dust, etc) is cleared out of the way.

Also, have you Unparked your CPU cores?

I'm using an aftermarket (GeminII M4) with Arctic Silver and a stronger fan than what comes with the cooler, and I mentioned that I unparked cores in the first part of the post. As I said, Warframe seems to be the only game that pushes it to this temperature. Even Titanfall only maxed out at 55.

Hey, you and i have almost the same setup! :p

Mine looks like this however:

Windows 8.1 64-bit
RAM: 8 Gig Mushkin Black
CPU: AMD FX-8320 Eight-core
GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC
Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 EVO R2.0
SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb

I do also run a dedicated PhysX GPU though.

Have you overclocked your CPU? Mine was pretty easy to push to 4GHz, with stock voltages, and the highest i've got it is 55C on the socket, 42C on the core. The room i was in was quite warm at the time.

I'd look at your cases airflow, enabling v-sync (warframe will effectively run on one core in less demanding scenarios decreasing heat output), or tuning your overclock a little more if you've gone that route ;)

EDIT:
I posted this in another thread regarding V-sync (iirc)
warframeheatiju4a.png
Edited by MillbrookWest