Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Reviews Are In For Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

TheErebus.

I wouldn't trust them, journalists overhyped Dragon Age inquisition giving it 8 and 9s.

Game released user reviews: 3-7

Tbh, I don't trust any review websites anymore, not after recent events..., but I'm sure the game is bound to be at least half decent

We aren't friends anymore.

When you see that Destiny got into GOTY list of most of the websites than yeah something's fishy and when you see that COD gets high scores all the time. I'll wait for TotalBiscuit, Projared or probably Angryjoe

Projared already got his opinion in with his videos on it.

Edited by ScrublordPrime

I'm not your pal, buddy.

Well just sayin' Developers love their PR campaign to be shiny, i generally wait few weeks/days after release.

I've played the demo, believe me, it isn't like Destiny and all those &#!-kissing reviews.

These ones are all legit.

To be honest though; it's bloody MonHan. It's gonna be good, especially with ONLINE MULTIPLAYER (something I sorely missed on MH3U 3DS). The only gripe I have with it is that it releases the day before Majora's Mask 3D here, which was my favourite game on the N64.

Ah, the choices, the choices. Do I relive my childhood or rip some monsters a new one with my trusty Switch-Axe?

Edited by Azure_Kyte

I'm not your pal, buddy.

Well just sayin' Developers love their PR campaign to be shiny, i generally wait few weeks/days after release.

Exactly this, whatever the reviewers got would be the review copy, it's not uncommon for that to be more tweaked than the BS we get on release, not to mention the reviewers have their own biases when it comes to criticising the games and don't mind sprinkling some glitter on what is otherwise withered, even if we can trust the devs, it's almost commonplace for games to be less than theyre promised to  be 

That being said, I am keeping my hype locked up in a box sot hat I don't get too disappointed, no such thing as low enough expectations in the industries standard nowadays

Exactly this, whatever the reviewers got would be the review copy, it's not uncommon for that to be more tweaked than the BS we get on release, not to mention the reviewers have their own biases when it comes to criticising the games and don't mind sprinkling some glitter on what is otherwise withered, even if we can trust the devs, it's almost commonplace for games to be less than theyre promised to  be

Here's one that isn't a review copy.

When you see that Destiny got into GOTY list of most of the websites than yeah something's fishy and when you see that COD gets high scores all the time. I'll wait for TotalBiscuit, Projared or probably Angryjoe

What else do you expect of AAA title companies? Gaming isn't what it used to be anymore pal. If only...

Companies today have pretty much sold themselves out and just make random crap now to get money, nothing really /good/ comes out anymore. As for Monter Hunter, I've never seen the series but I'm interested in this one.

Really though, what happened to good games back from the xbox and PSOne/2 era...? I miss Spyro...

What else do you expect of AAA title companies? Gaming isn't what it used to be anymore pal. If only...

Companies today have pretty much sold themselves out and just make random crap now to get money, nothing really /good/ comes out anymore. As for Monter Hunter, I've never seen the series but I'm interested in this one.

Really though, what happened to good games back from the xbox and PSOne/2 era...? I miss Spyro...

I was playing through Persona 3 (finally finished the whole thing yesterday, I swear it was so much easier when I was younger). You really don't see stories like that at all.