Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Silenced Weapon Sounds?

GhostSwordsman

With new weapons sounds out and coming out, I was wondering if we could get a silenced sound for our weapons when we use the mods suppress and hush.

I think it would be a great addition to the game, to put on a silencing mod, and not hear my gun as if it isn't silenced. It would be wonderful audio feedback on what mods your weapons have on and great audio feedback when you're in a group. I think it would be really useful to know who does and doesn't have hush/suppress equipped on their weapons.

With new weapons sounds out and coming out, I was wondering if we could get a silenced sound for our weapons when we use the mods suppress and hush.

I think it would be a great addition to the game, to put on a silencing mod, and not hear my gun as if it isn't silenced. It would be wonderful audio feedback on what mods your weapons have on and great audio feedback when you're in a group. I think it would be really useful to know who does and doesn't have hush/suppress equipped on their weapons.

I *think* this was actually kind of implemented in one of the latest hotfixes. Alas, I tried "silencing" my weapons and nothing changes.

I'm all for this too.

I was just looking for such a thread before making my own.

I think we definitly need silenced weapon sounds. When only the db are reduced, you never can be sure if the weapon is just farther away, or is hushed or just sounds that way.

Silenced weapon sounds would broadcast to our fellow Tenno that we are using a silenced weapon. And might bring changes in gameplay. As long as no one knows if the weapons of another tenno are silenced or not, nothing will change gameplay wise.

For example. I noticed sometimes there are changes in gameplay when other Tenno are using a bow, as everyone knows that weapon is silenced. But you do not know if someone uses the bow because it is a damage monster, or because its for the silence. A silenced weapon tells a whole story about the tenno (either its intentional, or someone forget to switch the loadout).

But as long as other tenno can't hear that, it doesn't change a thing.

As a footnote: We definitly should have an indicator that tells us if a weapon is silent or not. Its ridiculus that an Ogris is silent, but when it is it should at least be known to the people from ingame information.

Yes, just reducing the decibels doesn't make much of an audible difference to my ears.

My Burston Prime still sounds like a burston prime, not a burston prime with a silencer attached. It still makes a c-c-crack! c-c-crack! sound when I fire it, not a p-p-ptht! p-p-ptht! sound(or what ever sound a silenced weapon produces).

The decibels being lower just doesn't seem to cut it right now, sure my firing sounds are quieter, but they just still don't feel silenced.

A mission just reminded me, that there are ways to make each weapon sound really muffled:

When Air is running out, all sounds sound muffled. Weapons sound much more silenced in this phase than the "silenced" ones that have hush and the like installed. A sound "filter" (or whatever it is called technically) like that (for the start it could be the same, but should be a better fitting one I think) for all weapons with silencers installed. would be a nice solution.

It keeps the base sound to recognize a weapon, but at the same time makes it distorted enough to be hearable and believable silenced.