Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question For De Staff

Doriando77

if you dont want us spending the majority of our time the void. then why did you create the void trader. How are we supposed to get the Ducats to buy his items if we arnt running void missions like crazy. Let alone the credits required to buy them, which the void also gives.

Another thinly-veiled "I am upset about cores being removed" topic.

Thing is, most players spend a bunch of their time in the Void anyways. Good resources and loot, as well as exp for items.

ive never once farmed for cores dude. your paranoid. I'm just pointing out the flawed approach to getting people out of the void. 

ive never once farmed for cores dude. your paranoid. I'm just pointing out the flawed approach to getting people out of the void. 

There was no "getting people out of the void". It was "get people to do something other than T4S".

Not the same.

I don't think there's much deep thought going behind stuff like the void trader. Double/triple a mod's power, reskin a gun, ask for unholy grind in order for you to acquire it, remove methods of making it a tiny bit faster.

I find that the biggest problem is his "rotation and cycle of appearing" If he was omnipresent with only his stock being updated, I think way less people would find the changes frustrating.

It's actually fairly simple.  It was intended as a sink for the considerable quantities of largely unused prime parts that players accumulate when attempting to obtain prime weapons and warframe.  Even on a single prime access set, getting all the required parts will almost always result in a considerable number of parts other then what you were looking for.   Making it faster and/or easier to obtain specific parts would be counterproductive, both reducing the time required, and thus how much you play the game, and reducing the attractiveness of prime access.  Neither is something DE wants.

Adding some value to those extra pieces would drive down player frustration when farming for prime parts - which is what do, obsessively, every time a new prime set is releases.  It allows for some alleviation of player frustrations while not directly speeding up prime farming, by providing value even on failed runs.

Putting him on a rotation meant that if you didn't have enough parts for any particular item, it's just a matter of being patient, as it will come back around.  It also prevented a massive sticker shock upon first seeing the trader - imagine the reaction if his entire inventory (and it's prices) were to hit the playerbase all at once.  The complaining would reach the high heavens.

They simply neglected the idea that players would make the trader's item their sole overwhelming goal, no doubt figuring the high pricetag and thus time investment required would drive players off from that idea.  DE, it seems has based their expectations of player behavior on what we say, claiming to hate grind, while ignoring the reality of our behavior, which is obsessive grinding elevated to an art form.

Edited by Phatose

if you say so, but no one around here has made your word law

Not quite. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/397014-de-nerfed-drop-rate-of-rare-5-cores-in-survival/page-5#entry4387764

Rebecca's response:

I'm honestly not sure but if the change means opening a door to putting R5 cores somewhere else I'd welcome a change of scenery for this type of loot hunt. Someone made a thread about 'why does the Void have it all' and I'm inclined to hold my breath until I see where this goes and will advocate for a new home for Cores.

It was also brought up in the latest devstream (46, I believe) when someone in the chat asked about the cores, to which it was heavily implied that it was done because players were overwhelmingly doing T4 Survivals for cores, and little else.