The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Darvo Dragon Mod Pack. Rip Off Or Worth It?

UndeadGhostWarrior

It IS a rip off. No matter the circumstance. If you do not have a lot of mods which you really need? Trading chat. No RNG, way better prices (relatively).

Some of the only things you should buy with plat from the market (few exceptions not included)::

- potatoes if you really, really, really need one right that moment (still not really worth it since alerts / invasions with them pop up somewhat often)

- cosmetics (all forms, except alt helmets. just wait for the alert)

- kubrow egg is RNGesus is really hating on you and you want a useless furball

personally I did spent some more plat I had to spare on some things, namely the opticor and raider pack (when they came out, don't regret either, even though they're pretty friggin overpriced. Opticor is still my fav main, and itzal beat the skittles out of the other AW from day 1 for me. Centaur still best melee, and fluctus is just evil on trench runs)

Also bought volt with 75p some time back (when it was a random drop like limbo. systems just wouldn't drop at all).

Agree to disagree with post.... You see it as a total rip off, however if i did not buy those packs, i would have been a bit behind, from where i am now (mod wise)

I never said they were PERFECT deals, i never have, never will say that.... They are (like i said in my original post) good for people who have few mods and need alot quick. You might say "Idiot just farm them" well... sure they can do that, but if they need mods that are scattered all over the place and they just need to narrow it down a little, then the pack(s) can be a great way (if we take trading out of the picture of course, my point below)

Now let me say something i should have mentioned in my original post: I did this before the Trading system came into existence. So i had two choices:Farm for mods i did not even know the name of, or buy packs that gives me mods.. So what would i choose? I did some of both: Bought like 10 dragon packs, then farmed for the others.

The packs are not worth getting if you are a veteran, or even new to the game, the prices should get set down to like 10 for the dragon one and remove the others, they haven't really taken a look at the store for some time (they meaning DE and they really should)

They really should actually take a look at the market and revamp the older things. Why in the world is Rhino, a frame you can get on Venus, 375p, while Loki (who's all the way on Neptune with a pretty darn challenging boss fight) is a super small 75p.

Plus there's the odd discrepancies like the overpriced Wrecking Rhino pack still containing the original Boar, while the Boar itself isn't available anywhere else. Market is really due for a price overhaul.

They really should actually take a look at the market and revamp the older things. Why in the world is Rhino, a frame you can get on Venus, 375p, while Loki (who's all the way on Neptune with a pretty darn challenging boss fight) is a super small 75p.

That's only because Loki was a starter frame, like Excalibur and Volt, and they're sold for 75p.

But I agree, the whole market prices need a total re-haul.

If you are cagey and diligent you can probably build Mag P and Frost P for under 30 combined.

When I started playing, Ember, Mag, Rhino, and Frost P sets were all sold for 30p each. That was when Loki P was on Prime Access.

Edited by haolee510

I LOLed at Darvo's email. You won't be giving 50% off deals and will be doing 2 for 1 deals instead, you say? So instead of buying two mod packs at 50% off for 90 plat, I can get a two-for-one mod pack for 90 plat?

wow

such deal

much savings

i mean not that i'm going to buy a mod pack anyway

It's just aimed at new players who don't know any better, honestly almost exploiting them

I don't think any primes cost 30p

There is even cheaper than 30 but it's always same story , release = super hight price , after sometime price get low...

@OP If you want to be able to say "I got ripped off and I'm happy with it" you can buy it else you will be happy to keep your plats with 90 plats you could buy 90  rare cores (of course not in one days ) or many mods unranked 

Don't understand why items cost so much, absurd prices for items. The lack of bundles doesn't help either.

No real adjustments since the introduction of Trading, so Prime parts became the name of the game for everyone since you could throw them at anyone willing enough to hand you plat over.

They need more exclusive, non-tradable items on the market.

While i feel that there are many um... prices for things that arent streamlined with the overall value of the items often being a little too pricey,

I have to say that DE Is one of the best companies ever allowing us to trade plat, mods, and prime pieces/bps, allowing us to farm just about every single thing in game excluding vanity items, giving the discounts out.. and offering their top prime access packs which are a hell of a deal.. exclusives new stuff slots tatoes AND a ton of plat..

The Business is there to make money. You all pay how much for a soda in a restaurant? You know that soda costs pennies on the dollar.. Yet you buy them anyway and dont gripe that coca cola or the restaurant are trying to rip you off.. In fact SODA is where a bunch of places make that extra money that covers all their fails like spoilage and such..

Dont try to hate on a business for trying to make money.. Just be out there to give good advice to people asking how best to spend their plat.

Threads like this are good for spreading the general consensus, helping to make others aware that there are most definitely better decisions...

BUT LETS NOT BASH THE DEVS for something that is likely out of control of their hands.. find out who decides item prices first, and then let them know in a peaceful respectful way why their decisions are ... uh... not the best.. lol.

Edited by T4LCOMX

Soooo, I bought a frame for plat. A long time ago when you had to beg rngesus for banshee parts (Back in closed beta, it was a random mission reward with a low drop rate, before trading was a thing). I still have banshee, and it was worth the plat(or I have gotten my value outta it)!

Buuuuut, with the changes it wouldn't be worth it now.