The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Bow! (Need Your Help!)

SeargantHaztagazpacho

My idea is, it would do less damage since it's muscle powered, but stick to a target and inflict viral damage over time and make the enemy surrounded by a cloud of gas that stays after death.

I even have art for it:

artflow_201502150040.jpg

Except it's not done and I need your suggestions to make it look better!

So give me your ideas!

Edited by SeargantHaztagazpacho

I'm not a good artistic ideas guy for weapon concepts, but so far looks pretty good. I support their concept as it's just plain cool, maybe it would be good if it were more anti infested than other bows, given infested can hoard you this could have like a radial toxin affect (like gas proc) to take out groups, but not be so op that it puts other bows to shame.

Edit: in addition to the gas effect you said, so first it does this and counts as hitting all of those targets for viral or toxin, but then the cloud you suggested could appear on a target if directly hit by the arrow, still giving incentive to be accurate.

Edited by (PS4)Matsypie

Many Infested weapons are made based on the models of existing ones, so it might be worth coming up with a design for a Corpus/Grineer bow in parallel, or 'borrowing' someone else's (with consent preferable).

Or you could design it as a variant/upgrade on the Cernos. Thinking as a variant on the Cernos, having the same basic damage with an added 30-50 toxic (innate) would be good, but not broken, among other upgrades.

I think it would be baller if the eye(s) was(were) on the front of the bow, looking at the enemy. I feel like the point of infested weaponry is that the weapons are also semi-intelligent and have a programmed instinct to kill.

Personally, I think the zombie arm is too overt, like it's trying too hard to be creepy.

I would go for a skinned/de-feathered bird wing look:

Muscleandtendorplacementwings.jpg

Really, I wouldn't mind if it was just a bow-torid. The Torid, though obviously lethal, is kind of a pain the butt to use, with its small mag, long reload, and painful projectile speed. A bow version would be much more usable to me.

Can it fire tar moa's projectile?

This would be nice, though. Torid's biggest drawback right now is that it has no innate snaring to dish out its DoTs.

-snip-

The Fan Zone frequents are much more creative and would probably be able to give you more/better ideas. 

But my idea of an infested bow is that it slowly regenerates ammo over time. The arrows would look like Sinew or sharp, malformed bone and when it struck an enemy, it does very, very light Toxin damage over time. 

The Fan Zone frequents are much more creative and would probably be able to give you more/better ideas. 

But my idea of an infested bow is that it slowly regenerates ammo over time. The arrows would look like Sinew or sharp, malformed bone and when it struck an enemy, it does very, very light Toxin damage over time. 

Why light toxin? You just got shot with a bone or infested material and it's stuck several inches into your body? Wouldn't it be more like YEOWCH OMG I'M MELTING!

Why light toxin? You just got shot with a bone or infested material and it's stuck several inches into your body? Wouldn't it be more like YEOWCH OMG I'M MELTING!

Light Toxin for balancing unless they make it main Toxin damage, in which case the bow probably wouldn't have much use except as a complete replacement of the Cernos to kill Corpus. 

Because no one likes the Cernos.