Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Effect Of Quality Focus On Long Term Player

DuskFrame

I just finished a two week break after some burnout in Warframe that consisted of syndicate rep spam and retiring for the night.  I have to say... the changes made in that time have dramatically increased my enjoyment of the game and I can't seem to put my finger on all the specifics, but here are some:

1. Improved lighting and colouring across the game.  The darks are dark again. My warframes have a more regal feel, as intended when I originally coloured them.

2. Smooth gameplay. I haven't encountered any lag even when I'm not the host.

3. Revamped syndicate gains.  Encourages missions, makes me want to do missions.

4. AI / Mission Difficulty.  This seems to be the most dramatic improvement. I walked into a solo Exalted Exterminate (Red Veil) with Grineer and was extremely, pleasantly, surprised that I needed to watch my ammo and health. That I couldn't just run through. That I could strategically use abilities and that I didn't want to spam abilities because it was a nice challenge to play the ninja.

Bravo.  Looking forward to more.  I don't feel the need to grind, just hop in and enjoy some good rounds that can be fun, challenging, not overwhelming (have Nightmare for that), but most of all well designed and thought out.

1. Yup, adaptive lighting and ambient occlusion are new. Some of the adaptive lighting is too intense though. Needs fine tuning (e.g. the lights in the concourse area of relays can make my screen super dark for about a second)

2. Haven't noticed any change here

3. Yep, not much to say here.

4. There's now a new aiming system for enemies, DE can now set accuracy parameters for long and close range on a per weapon basis to give them a feel of weight and unwieldiness (for snipers/LMGs) or a lack thereof (AR/Carbine/SMG/Pistol users), as well as acrobatics making you harder to hit.

Edited by AXCrusnik

how about that Spy 2.0?

I am very happy about Spy 2.0, not only because of the new way the mission carries out, but also the significant affinity rewards.  A person could potentially rep/xp farm Spy missions as an alternative to endless missions, which, personally, is a huge step forward.

how about that Spy 2.0?

I am very happy about Spy 2.0, not only because of the new way the mission carries out, but also the significant affinity rewards.  A person could potentially rep/xp farm Spy missions as an alternative to endless missions, which, personally, is a huge step forward.

Not just spy 2.0 but non endless modes as a whole as the multiplier is universal. You can head to a high level planet and start picking enemies off rapidly earning a ton of xp.

how about that Spy 2.0?

Quest was nice but 6 new rooms in for months work isnt enough imo, rewards are as bad as they ever were and still endless missions offer better time/exp ratio not to mention higher chance for resources, mods and parts

Edited by Davoodoo

Quest was nice but 6 new rooms in for months work isnt enough imo, rewards are as bad as they ever were and still endless missions offer better time/exp ratio not to mention higher chance for resources, mods and parts

Considering it gives the new fire+ice event mods (along with t2/t3 keys) along with the quest version giving a catalyst BP, I disagree, Spy 2.0 is very, very rewarding. As for the xp issue, getting chain stealth kills on any high level node will net you a ton of experience.

Considering it gives the new fire+ice event mods (along with t2/t3 keys) along with the quest version giving a catalyst BP, I disagree, Spy 2.0 is very, very rewarding. As for the xp issue, getting chain stealth kills on any high level node will net you a ton of experience.

For you maybe, i got my event sets from events, im swimming in t2 and t3 keys, i really hoped for guaranteed rare resources or cores or even alternate source of t4 keys since i really despise interceptions.

After you get event mods its imo better to stick to old survival or defense.

Edited by Davoodoo

Not just spy 2.0 but non endless modes as a whole as the multiplier is universal. You can head to a high level planet and start picking enemies off rapidly earning a ton of xp.

A friend of mine had a big stealth affinity multiplier up (don't remember how high) and he got 50k-ish affinity from one Vault in Spy 2.0.

I personally leveled my Tigris from 0 to 30 using just Vaults.