Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reputation Change System To Weekly

(PSN)Omega_Gabriell

Hi,

I was thinking in a change in the reputation system, today she is reseted everyday, why she can't be reseted every week,

so, everyone 'll have 7 days to get the rep cap.

Why do this? I 'll use me as example, I can only play a few hour's a day (when I can), so some days I lost the reputation because sheis reseted, so if it was reseteded weekly , i could farm she in the wekeend, our in other days, many times when I can play I get the cap, if i could earn the rest of the rep for the week, I 'll not be losing any reputation point : D.

So what to do about the amount of points?

today the formula is = 2000 * MASTERY_RANK + 2000

he 'll be changed to =  (2000 * MASTERY_RANK + 2000) * 7

OBS: If this isn't the right section ,plz tell me

Edited by (PS4)Omega_Gabriell

This is a fantastic idea. I also have play time restrictions that make me miss out on many daily rep points.

I also don't see how this would create any negative repercussions. Sure some people would be able to max their weekly point in a few hours, but that just gives them more time to run the missions they want rather than the missions they have to.

Because DE wanted to deter players from doing one massive rep run to fill up the daily allowance, hence why the limit has been lowered. If you make it weekly, players will just do one massive rep run to fill up their new weekly allowance, then probably not even play for the other six days. I don't understand why people play the game this way, but they do; and that's why we can't have ideas like this making it into the game, sorry.

Because DE wanted to deter players from doing one massive rep run to fill up the daily allowance, hence why the limit has been lowered. If you make it weekly, players will just do one massive rep run to fill up their new weekly allowance, then probably not even play for the other six days. I don't understand why people play the game this way, but they do; and that's why we can't have ideas like this making it into the game, sorry.

well, so,before the reputation how people used to play?

even when I get the cap I still play, I can't see this as a problem, the beneficts are much higher.

So what exactly did we do before syndicates became a thing? Its very stupid reasoning on DE if they think this at all.

well, so,before the reputation how people used to play?

even when I get the cap I still play, I can't see this as a problem, the beneficts are much higher.

So what exactly did we do before syndicates became a thing? Its very stupid reasoning on DE if they think this at all.

So before syndicates, bringing trinity/excalibur combos to do nothing but press two buttons over and over again for an entire mission was what people used to do? Warframe is about actually playing the game, not turning it into a farming simulator; even if people did that, and even considering people did that now, it isn't the type of gameplay DE wants to encourage. They want you to actually have fun, and please don't honestly tell me you're having fun spamming radial javelin every 5 seconds and doing nothing else.

I mean, if you are having fun then I guess I'm done here.

Hi,

I was thinking in a change in the reputation system, today she is reseted everyday, why she can't be reseted every week,

so, everyone 'll have 7 days to get the rep cap.

Why do this? I 'll use me as example, I can only play a few hour's a day (when I can), so some days I lost the reputation because sheis reseted, so if it was reseteded weekly , i could farm she in the wekeend, our in other days, many times when I can play I get the cap, if i could earn the rest of the rep for the week, I 'll not be losing any reputation point : D.

So what to do about the amount of points?

today the formula is = 2000 * MASTERY_RANK + 2000

he 'll be changed to =  (2000 * MASTERY_RANK + 2000) * 7

OBS: If this isn't the right section ,plz tell me

They want people to play everyday.

What? You don't have other things to do?

Rep isn't even that big of a deal. The daily cap is fine, especially if it roots the lemmings out of the senseless repfarms. Go experience other parts of the game.

Read the post. It's exactly because he has other things to do, he can't play more than a few hours everyday. So some of his daily cap is wasted.

Reputation farms actually can be good. If he(and others) didn't need to max his daily cap each day, he'd have time to play other parts of the game.

So before syndicates, bringing trinity/excalibur combos to do nothing but press two buttons over and over again for an entire mission was what people used to do? Warframe is about actually playing the game, not turning it into a farming simulator; even if people did that, and even considering people did that now, it isn't the type of gameplay DE wants to encourage. They want you to actually have fun, and please don't honestly tell me you're having fun spamming radial javelin every 5 seconds and doing nothing else.

I mean, if you are having fun then I guess I'm done here.

Problem is, a daily cap is why that kind of gameplay is so inevitable right now. Because everyone don't want to waste their daily rep allowance, they make sure they reach their daily cap as soon as possible. Doing this quickly results in people having more time to play other mission types that doesn't require the "Press 4 to win" playstyle.

Some people can't seem to understand; For some players, the faster they can max their daily cap, the faster they can go play other missions normally.

Since I've had a couple of people reply to it, I guess I'll clarify:

I know there's a game beyond reputation farm, and there was a game to play before it existed. Believe me, I know. But for plenty of players out there (evident by all this rebalancing on plenty of farming and end-game relation content), that's all there is. They will get their fill of farm and go. Before they'd max their rep and go farm cores, but since both aren't quite as efficient as before, they're angsty. I know it's difficult to get your head around, hell, I can't even begin to comprehend how/why they think this way; but some people just want to farm as efficiently as possible and bail as soon as that's over. If you let them do their week's farm all in one go, they'll just go to Draco or whereever it is the cool kids hang out these days and get that week's farm as quickly as possible. Then, if they don't fancy grinding for some Rare 5 fusion cores due to the rebalance, that's it, they're bored, gone. DE needs to keep these players coming back, so daily is a much more logical option than weekly. Again, this isn't how I view the game, but it is how a fairly large portion of the community does. Large enough to inspire changes core systems of the game, at least.

Since I've had a couple of people reply to it, I guess I'll clarify:

I know there's a game beyond reputation farm, and there was a game to play before it existed. Believe me, I know. But for plenty of players out there (evident by all this rebalancing on plenty of farming and end-game relation content), that's all there is. They will get their fill of farm and go. Before they'd max their rep and go farm cores, but since both aren't quite as efficient as before, they're angsty. I know it's difficult to get your head around, hell, I can't even begin to comprehend how/why they think this way; but some people just want to farm as efficiently as possible and bail as soon as that's over. If you let them do their week's farm all in one go, they'll just go to Draco or whereever it is the cool kids hang out these days and get that week's farm as quickly as possible. Then, if they don't fancy grinding for some Rare 5 fusion cores due to the rebalance, that's it, they're bored, gone. DE needs to keep these players coming back, so daily is a much more logical option than weekly. Again, this isn't how I view the game, but it is how a fairly large portion of the community does. Large enough to inspire changes core systems of the game, at least.

It's not "difficult to get our head around"; We're not stupid.

Personally I see that those players, who "farm then bail" are not the kind of players who enjoy the game anyway. Why cater to them at the expense of people who actually enjoy the game? I imagine most of those rep farmers aren't the ones constantly and regularly buy Platinums.

What DE needs is to prevent people who love the game from dropping it. For example, if OP can take his time to reach his weekly cap, won't he enjoy the game more? And by enjoying the game, he's more likely to keep coming back to it.

It's not "difficult to get our head around"; We're not stupid.

Personally I see that those players, who "farm then bail" are not the kind of players who enjoy the game anyway. Why cater to them at the expense of people who actually enjoy the game? I imagine most of those rep farmers aren't the ones constantly and regularly buy Platinums.

What DE needs is to prevent people who love the game from dropping it. For example, if OP can take his time to reach his weekly cap, won't he enjoy the game more? And by enjoying the game, he's more likely to keep coming back to it.

I didn't mean it like that. I honestly mean that it can be difficult to understand the mindset of someone who plays a game to not have fun. And I agree that they don't enjoy it. But as to why to cater to them? They're players, like you and me. At the end of the day, DE wants to try and keep them happy and hope for a little financial support from them. None of us have the numbers, but there's no reason to suggest that keeping OP happy wouldn't cause others to leave, or vice versa.

I didn't mean it like that. I honestly mean that it can be difficult to understand the mindset of someone who plays a game to not have fun. And I agree that they don't enjoy it. But as to why to cater to them? They're players, like you and me. At the end of the day, DE wants to try and keep them happy and hope for a little financial support from them. None of us have the numbers, but there's no reason to suggest that keeping OP happy wouldn't cause others to leave, or vice versa.

Okay, then. Now let's say if the cap was weekly, it won't necessarily mean those players won't keep coming back to the game. For example, if they manage to farm their weekly cap in one day, then they have the rest of the week off. Maybe they won't play anymore for the rest of the week, but they'll also likely to be back next week. And who knows? Maybe with them having the rest of the week not needing to farm reputations, they'd actually play other mission types.

My point is there might be something that can be worked on to improve the reputation cap system we have now. And OP's idea of making the cap weekly is sound enough to be considered. IMO there would be more benefits than loss.

Why not? It frees up more time to play other missions. And it's a week's worth, not weeks. That'd be silly.

DE intends for ppl to log in everyday. the way it is, and the way its going to be. no one logged in=no one attempting to buy plat

if something like this is implemented ppl would log in once a week to do their rep and then be off doing something else. nice try

DE intends for ppl to log in everyday. the way it is, and the way its going to be. no one logged in=no one attempting to buy plat

if something like this is implemented ppl would log in once a week to do their rep and then be off doing something else. nice try

There are no way to know for sure that repfarmers, who log in everyday just to max out their daily standing, would buy platinums. They may play once a week, they may play everyday, but they still would buy platinums if they feel like doing so. Nice try.