Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Sparks (The New Grineer Enemy In Spy 2.0) And Data Vaults

Renegade343

Hello all,

For (probably very few) players that play around in Spy 2.0, if the alarms in one of the Data Vaults have been tripped, then special enemies called Sparks (i.e.: Another Bombard/Napalm enemy), that will appear in other Data Vaults to protect them from other intruders (and they shoot projectiles that seem to deal Electricity damage, if I recall correctly, although that would mean I would need to trip more Grineer alarms to confirm). While this would provide a small, nice challenge if the alarms were tripped, there is a small problem (actually, two, with regards to the Grineer Data Vaults and the new enemy): 

For Grineer Data Vaults, there is little, if any, change of the layout when the planet level goes up (for Corpus, at higher levels, some of the laser tripwires will alternate between on and off to provide a small bit of timing challenge, or seal off some paths too), and Sparks only come out if the player trips the alarm, meaning the effort needed to create the enemy (which, truthfully, may come across as slightly lazy, given that it shares the same body type as the Bombards/Napalms, but at least it feels thematic enough with regards to the Grineer [with cloning and all that]) is a bit wasted.

Also, since Sparks only come out when the player trips the alarm, that means if a player were to set off to complete the Codex, said player would need to play in such a way that is opposite to the recommended playstyle of Spy 2.0: Instead of playing stealthily, trip every alarm to get Sparks to spawn. 

Thus, to make Sparks be a bit more common while not having the player needing to play opposite to what Spy 2.0 is encouraging (or sometimes mandatory to play), as well as making higher-level Grineer Data Vaults feel a bit more challenging, would it be possible and wanted to, instead of just Sensor Regulators, have Sparks be the guards as well at higher levels (i.e.: At Level 25+) (i.e.: In a Grineer Data Vault at Level 25+, there is a chance that instead of one of the normal enemies spawning in the Data Vault, such as a Sensor Regulator, it would instead spawn a Spark)? 

This would allow for Sparks to appear a bit more in Grineer Data Vaults to give players a small sense of higher challenges (as Sparks sport higher health and armour, meaning they would be tougher to kill, thus probably changing up a player's tactics to instead do a melee stealth attack instead of shooting them down at range with a silenced weapon). 

Please discuss civilly in this thread.

Renegade343

I don't mind tripping a few alarms for the sake of Codex scans. In fact I've never actually seen them and I play Spy all the time(literally), must be because I haven't tripped the alarms morr than just a few times. Still would like the ability to scan them without losing extra affinity and rewards.

Rather than replace the Regulators with them, they could replace the "normal" enemy guards with them instead.

I'd prefer this course of approach. Sensor Regulators have a visible field-of-view which makes them perfect at their job for Spy missions, as you can probably sneak past them fairly easily. Sparks are normal and have no visible field-of-view plus deal insane damage, thus making your job far harder if you're spotted.