Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enemy Sense?

(XBOX)MANICK74

When I first started to play Warframe in November, I had difficulties at first.  While I had this great minimap, it only seemed to show mobs that were directly in my line of sight, or a general heading of where to go next, That would be fine if I was in a completely sterile environment, with headphones and a perfect view. The enemies are often tiny at range, and behind cover, plus the frame itself takes up a chunk of screen real estate.

I was about to give up on the game when I found out about Enemy Sense.

One trip to the Trade channel and a few cores later, and my oh my how the blind can see. Since I'm not actually in a future solar system, just looking in at it from the outside, having those little blips on the radar really helps me step up my game and tactical responsiveness. I just chalked it up to saving room in my builds for the mod, and have been having a grand old time since.

Now that I'm able to play more "end game" content however, that mod slot is becoming more contentious. There are a few builds that I'd like to squeeze just that little bit more out of, and it's even tighter when you consider the kick &#! ability augment mods that are available.

Am I the only one who would hate to have to give up my Enemy Sense mod? Do I just stink at this game because I feel I need it? Furthermore, why did such basic (in my eyes) functionality become relegated to an optional mod? 

It's just frustrating. It feels like a space ninja would have this awareness from the get go. :P

I'm glad it's an aura/ability/mod function. It gives each more significance as a standalone thing. If enemy sense was default, we'd have even less useful misc mods etc.

Not trying to be harsh here, but I don't think it's a big problem and I don't think you should feel you need it.

Edited by MrNonApplicable

If you don't already have it there's an aura mod called Enemy Radar. You might enjoy that one. It shows enemies on the map to everyone in your squad. I think it has a dash polarity so it should fit in nicely if you're a person who likes to forma their auras for corrosive projection.

Honestly I don't use any of the sense mods, just because everything moves waayy to fast for it to matter.

Unless you are stealthing, to which I completely understand. In that case I would try and catch the aura mod "Enemy Radar".

The difference being, sense is for you, radar for the team.

On the other hand you could run with, say you have a clan, someone who is willing to use a Enemy Radar.

Edited by OokamiDamashi

I like it for stealth missions, I like that it's an optional choice, it gives variance to builds for different situations, as mentioned, it comes in very handy for Spy and Rescue missions, but Defense, psh, I'll drop it and just pick up more killing/staying power.

I only used Enemy Radar very early on in the game, and never used Enemy Sense. In my honest opinion, you should probably just learn how to go about without it, but if you really can't, you can always use the Enemy Radar aura, as stated above. There isn't as much competition for the Aura slot as there is for the other slots, so that would probably be helpful.

I'm a huge fan of Enemy Radar. I love the spatial awareness it provides, and it makes for easier timing of CC/AoE abilities. Knowing where enemies are coming from in a Survival and where units are patrolling in a Spy mission is quite nice as well. Using Sense/Radar definitely not a sign of inexperience; rather, you're simply using a tool you have at your disposal and making good use of it. 

However, know when it's not needed. Chances are, you won't need it in a run-and-gun sort of mission like a Capture or Exterminate, and would be better off with an Energy Siphon or what have you. Mod accordingly. 

I think enemy sense is actually a pretty good choice for exterminate missions too, while energy siphon is also great for those.  I don't know about you, but far too frequently I have to backtrack through half the level to kill 1 lone enemy that didn't show up on the mission-based radar.

Edited by SleepingSentry

i love using enemy sense when i can, like KingTaro, my eyes always glance at the minimap most of the time

@ (XB1)Manick74, im guessing the mod is optional because not everyone uses the minimap much... i have met people (when i tell them to look at the minimap) reply that they hardly look at the minimap   (o_o)

I think enemy sense is actually a pretty good choice for exterminate missions too, while energy siphon is also great for those.  I don't know about you, but far too frequently I have to backtrack through half the level to kill 1 lone enemy that didn't show up on the mission-based radar.

This can be mostly mitigated by paying attention to the color of the tile outline on the mini map.  If you are at the junction point of two tiles and the tile you are leaving is still red then you missed one or more bad guys.  A cleared tile will be white.