The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Globe Room Puzzle?

UnderFiend

Question

Tenno,

There is this room I sometimes come across in the Void but I'm not sure if it's all Tower tilesets or random. Anyway, in a Warframe video I was listening to, but not really watching since the author had random combat going on while discussing a topic, I noticed they were in this room:

void-room-1.jpg

It seemed like the globe at the top of the image opened when they stepped on the pad directly in front of the Loki here. I have never seen this happen, but apparently is some kind of puzzle room.

Does anyone know what it does or what should be done in this room? I've only ever noticed the laser traps go off if you touch the pad.

From what I recall in the video (sorry, I don't remember what it was about or who from since it was a while ago) it seemed the player hit something - maybe this pad - which caused the globe to open with a blue-green something inside. The player then shot at it. There was no clear explanation of a reward or what was happening.

Here are more images of the room for clarity:

void-room-2.jpg

void-room-3.jpg

void-room-4.jpg

Thanks in advance.

14 answers to this question

No puzzle.

You hit the pad, the globe open (not aways), and you can then shot the containers within the globe, it'll fall to the ground and you can collect it.

OR, you could bring a weapon with AoE/punch through, break the containers, then hit the pad and collect the things that fell, if it didn't open and you have Carrier, do a jump attack towards the globe and carrier will give you the loot.

If you use an Opticor with punch through, you can destroy all the crates with one shot in the middle of each side before they open.

If you use Nova's Antimatter Drop, you can destroy all the crates with one on each side before they open.

Just a couple of the easiest ways I've found to deal with it.

If you break all the crates before they open, the mods will fall out, but the crafting resources usually will not.

Thanks! Additionally, are the drops anything outside of the normal crate drops in the Void? In other words, do they have a higher chance to drop rare loot, etc? or is it just what I might normally find by doing my best pink Link impersonation throughout the map?

Thanks! Additionally, are the drops anything outside of the normal crate drops in the Void? In other words, do they have a higher chance to drop rare loot, etc? or is it just what I might normally find by doing my best pink Link impersonation throughout the map?

Sometimes they can drop Rare mods. Like all Void containers.

I don't think all void containers can drop mods --- just the hidden ones

you can check wiki for a list of the mods

anyway, it's like these other guys above me ^^ say, best is to smash and grab, although if they don't open you can actually crawl up the wall and get on top of them for a ground slam, then slide off and suck the juice out with carrier -- but that's kind of more of a pain in the &#!

They do seem to have a high chance of dropping mods I usually get at least 1 mod per globe but what mods you get are completely random.

I don't think all void containers can drop mods --- just the hidden ones

That is not entirely correct the orokin containers seem to pull from at least 3 different drop tables table 1 is just the random resources and credits that you can find from any mission table 2 is table 1 + a small chance for a mod drop and table 3 is table 1 + a really high chance of a mod drop

and which drop table the containers pull from has no connection to how well hidden they are.