Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream Raid....

Kaotyke

What concerns me with what we have been shown is the likelyhood that needing voice coms will ruin it all, and the level of the enemies will be an annoyance rather than a challenge.  

Lvl 90ish enemies pose the problems of one shots and massive bleed procs.  Now if they give the enemies lvl 90 health but not lvl 90 damage but more like lvl 60 damage it would be much better or at least tweak some of them so they can't one shot you or give you bleed procs that are almost like getting one shot. 

And with regards to the coordination that it looks like it will need, as much as I like teamwork in a game like this, if DE is not careful this is going to cause massive issues within the community if it is complicated enough to require voice comms.  It is likely we will see all sorts of recruiting messages in the recruitment tab saying you can't come without a mic, or even the same within clans.  It just has to much potential to cause drama. 

When I was thinking about what Raids would be, I was thinking of some sort of Assault on an enemy base or soemthing, but I felt a bit disappointed from what they showed, but it wasn't the whole thing so we'll see.  I also just have this feeling that Raids are going to be a huge letdown and won't justify what will be a 5 month wait between U15 and U16.  In short I am setting my expectations low, hoping to be surprised. 

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

Think of it like an added challenge. Might be that in the future or before the raid, everybody will co-ordinate who does what in a specific raid after a while when people become used to all of the raids out there. Don't worry, I think it will be fine. You saw how bunch of newbies survived pretty well considering the circumstances then why couldn't the community that plays a lot more of this game than they do. The only things I think might cause trouble is inexperienced players but we'll see. We'll see.

Plus, not really feeling the cosmetic enhancers. It seems to dig up the problem that the devs sought to leave behind with Arcane helmets. I personally don't like any syandanas on Mesa. She looks better without them, imo. However, I'll have to wear one now if I want the sweet boosts. Ugh.

I think the problem with the arcane helmets was you had to have that item that could only be reliably acquired with money, and it was tied to one specific frame. These can only be acquired by playing the game, and can be applied to (as far as we know) anything you like. 

So no, you wouldn't need a sayandana - you could apply it to your default helmet.

My thoughts on other issues raised:

Enemy Level

Just making them all level 80 seems like the cheap artificial difficulty I've come to expect from games. But unless they massively revamp a lot, there isn't really much you can do to stop 1 well equipped tenno steamrolling, let alone 8.

Puzzles!

Why are people complaining about puzzles? Seriously, what did you expect?

"Oh it's just like a normal high level mission but with puzzles, lazy DE suck"... That is kinda what a raid is in any game. Multiple stages, puzzles, hard enemies and a boss at the end is the normal structure.

Cosmetic Enhancers

Sucky name, bad concept imo.

Mic Required?

I don't see that as a bad thing. It's the only reliable way to communicate quickly under the circumstances. I'm fairly antisocial, I don't use phones and avoid talking to people as much as possible. Yet I always use voice chat when gaming. I can see how certain people could mess this up, specifically the disruptive types. But I wouldn't want to play with them anyway. People who blast music into their microphones are not the kind I want to play with.

The puzzle itself

I don't like the idea of 8 people too spread out to support one another taking fire from level 80 enemies, waiting on what seemed to be a very slow screen to display a symbol, where a single scorpion or knockdown can result in instant failure and death. Yes, it'd be easy enough to radial disarm a crowd, or riftwalk away. But just no.

The Hijack bit

Nothing wrong with that. I hate the mission under normal circumstances - level 80 enemies blasting away will just make it even less fun. But isn't that the idea of raids? I'm yet to see one in a game that was fun.

The rest of it

So from what I've read, there's 3 or 4 stages, may or may not end with a boss. That's fine. To be expected.

so i skipped everything and dont know if this has been said but w/e.  I dont see the problem for difficulty. all you need is a irradiated disarm loki and duration build bastille vauban,  couple of duration build volts to spam shield every where and instant map lock down. That's only with four. A limbo just banishing every enemy he sees  and done oh and a max strength nova. " Take your time ppl they aren't going anywhere."

I think the problem with the arcane helmets was you had to have that item that could only be reliably acquired with money, and it was tied to one specific frame. These can only be acquired by playing the game, and can be applied to (as far as we know) anything you like. 

So no, you wouldn't need a sayandana - you could apply it to your default helmet.

My thoughts on other issues raised:

Enemy Level

Just making them all level 80 seems like the cheap artificial difficulty I've come to expect from games. But unless they massively revamp a lot, there isn't really much you can do to stop 1 well equipped tenno steamrolling, let alone 8.

Puzzles!

Why are people complaining about puzzles? Seriously, what did you expect?

"Oh it's just like a normal high level mission but with puzzles, lazy DE suck"... That is kinda what a raid is in any game. Multiple stages, puzzles, hard enemies and a boss at the end is the normal structure.

Cosmetic Enhancers

Sucky name, bad concept imo.

Mic Required?

I don't see that as a bad thing. It's the only reliable way to communicate quickly under the circumstances. I'm fairly antisocial, I don't use phones and avoid talking to people as much as possible. Yet I always use voice chat when gaming. I can see how certain people could mess this up, specifically the disruptive types. But I wouldn't want to play with them anyway. People who blast music into their microphones are not the kind I want to play with.

The puzzle itself

I don't like the idea of 8 people too spread out to support one another taking fire from level 80 enemies, waiting on what seemed to be a very slow screen to display a symbol, where a single scorpion or knockdown can result in instant failure and death. Yes, it'd be easy enough to radial disarm a crowd, or riftwalk away. But just no.

The Hijack bit

Nothing wrong with that. I hate the mission under normal circumstances - level 80 enemies blasting away will just make it even less fun. But isn't that the idea of raids? I'm yet to see one in a game that was fun.

The rest of it

So from what I've read, there's 3 or 4 stages, may or may not end with a boss. That's fine. To be expected.

I see your point with a lot of this, but its heavily wip and they did say its going to be very hard. Im sure players below rank 10 wont be happy, but really this content is endgame stuff. We have the vast majority of content or access to it. So we can work as a team. Anyone in their right mind is not gonna get a pug and jump in. In the way of them being lvl 80, we cant cut armor units if we got 4 people running CP. It just comes down to what builds we use as a team to work together.