The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bombards - Another Terribly Broken, Badly Designed Enemy

4G3NT_0R4NG3

What weapons are you using? Because I've yet to see a single weapon that can destroy them (even the Ignis which is basically one big AoE doesn't destroy them).

Either way the hitbox for them (should it exist) could afford to be a smidgen bigger so that shooting them down is actually a reliable countermeasure and not a one in a million chance.

I know I've blown them up with the boltor. Though that could be that the bolts are a physical object and could be triggering a collision, causing the rockets to explode.

I know I've blown them up with the boltor. Though that could be that the bolts are a physical object and could be triggering a collision, causing the rockets to explode.

If so, that means the mechanics are even more broken, lazily designed, and untested than I ever knew. There is definitely a problem.

If so, that means the mechanics are even more broken, lazily designed, and untested than I ever knew. There is definitely a problem.

I also have no problem at all avoiding rockets, causing them to collide with objects between me and the enemy, and so on. They really don't feel like as much of a problem as you're saying.

I mean, if I were moving really slowly, standing still or not paying attention to my surroundings I could see that they might become a problem.

Just a heads up, you can shoot down bombard rockets mid flight. To a skilled player, avoiding the rockets is a breeze.

Today I learned. Thank you based-doge

I find the best way to avoid the rockets is to keep moving and then once you get to a safe spot roll into them. You take less damage and won't get affected by knockdown. Even then, just so long as you keep moving the rocket will take longer to hit you. The big problem is that void bombards have really hard to see rockets that deal a bajillion damage if you mess up the roll, and if you get hit just once by it you're dead. It's kind of unfair that way, but I haven't noticed any significant problems with them most of the time.

Indeed nullifiers and bombards need some reworking, especially when bombards had the ability to pierce through frost's snowglobe...

Regardless, I like how people are stating "it is better because it is harder".

Issue is, it is harder with what ever playstyle they are using. As a Crowd Control specific player, I have found many interesting mechanics to play with that borderline game breaking. Yet it is all well within the game mechanics provided to us. My personal favorite for dealing with bombards and nullifiers is the Loki and Mesa combo. Max range, good efficiency, and a weapon that can take down a nullifiers shield in ten hits. With that set, mesa uses shooting gallery, loki uses disarm, GG its easy for how ever long you plan to stay playing on that run.

Game is broken 10 ways to being unbeatable while on another end, it is 10 ways to being easy mode no matter what is done.

DE needs to rework and balance EVERYTHING.

Edited by kitsu

Bombards are interesting.

Bombards put in something that's incredibly difficult to deal with but can still be dealt with. Bombards have a counter in that you can get their rockets to slam into something other than yourself. Bombards are actually challenging, which can't be said for Nullifiers.

The only way that bombards could be misconstrued as bad enemies is if they're paired with Nullifiers, since they make everything they get near unkillable... Oh. Yeah. Almost forgot. Yeah, an unkillable enemy that shoots incredibly difficult to dodge rockets in rapid fire is pretty broken.

While I agree that their rockets should be deflected by Turbulence, I also think that the fact that they don't is a bug.

The "can shoot down rockets with projectile weapons" bug should be expanded on as well. Make that into a real feature and it makes them have a real, honest-to-goodness, skill-based counter, which is something Warframe severely lacks.

in addition to my previous post, i will note that there's two situations that Corrupted Bombards usually kill me. only two situations.

- when turtling in one or more Nullifier Shields. it's not.... the most awful thing i guess, but it's a bit cheesy to need to dodge a rapid fire Lanka that will oneshot me and simultaneously need to dodge a Homing Missile that will knock me down, and the two or six Missiles behind it repeat knockdown, with the first one nearly killing me, and the second killing me - and the rest of the Missile train hitting my corpse.

every Missile being extremely likely to knock me down ala Blast Effect. *shrugs* which poison would i prefer, being killed by a high velocity Sniper Rifle, or the Missile. chances are if i dodge one of them, the other will hit.

(which as far as i'm concerned that's just a slight AI tweak to keep Enemies from bunching up inside Nullifier Shields quite as much - certainly wouldn't be the first time i saw every Enemy in a room run to the Nullifier Crewman as soon as he spawns. i get that it's an assault Shield, i like that. but still)

- i guess the second situation is the same thing as the first, just without the Nullifier. basically the Corrupted Bombard doesn't shoot one Missile, he just keeps firing. so there's a train of them chasing me. and like Chaff Flares from an Aircraft, evasive maneuvers and countermeasures aren't 100% reliable, so a Missile Swarm will still probably hit some of it's payload.

ala my last Post, control how much Enemies fire a bit. just a bit.

i mean, who wouldn't want an Automatic Homing Missile Launcher that you can just shoot all day and have it automatically Kill all your foes.... but it's kind've cheating :p

that sounds like what's likely happening. therefore making a consistency issue, because i've attempted to shoot down Grineer Rockets / Missiles 1v1 hundreds of times. finding a Bombard, waiting for a Lockdown, killing everything but it, and using up several Ammo Restores trying to make it happen once.

so Bolt Weapons may be capable of causing the Missiles to self detonate. no other type of Weapons are capable of this however.

which is a huge consistency hole, because Enemies can shoot down Player Rockets, regardless of what Weapons they're using.

*shrugs*