Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban - The Most Un-Fabulous Warframe

Vanadium

Poor Vauban, he has what has to be the most flair-less set of animations in the game. Worst still, his curious design lends itself poorly to the animation sets of other Warframes, leaving him with a depressing lack of personality.

Noble, just tooling aroud:

2015-02-20_00006.jpg

Looking like a wood plank with a bad attitude, fists clenched, ready to bore the system into oblivion. Humor beware.

Noble, action pose:

2015-02-20_00005.jpg

Now, looking like a wood plank with space-constipation. Poor Vabs...

Agile, just chilling out:

2015-02-20_00008.jpg

I don't have a problem with this one. As far as agile poses go, this one is pretty ok, since most others look like they're about to fall over, or half-way through a leg lunge.

Agile, showing off:

2015-02-20_00007.jpg

[space-constipation intensifies]

Why the boring poses? Where's the flair? Here a few ideas to put a spring in this space-Frenchman's step:

-Takes out a few grenades and juggles, ending with an orbiting finale.

-Pantomimes a wall, creating a miniature Bastille section

-Pulls up a Cephalon from a wrist comm, does some debugging

-Pulls up a holographic screen, presses all the buttons

-Gets a grenade maglocked to his hand, struggles to unstick it for a bit.

I don't know why I imagine him clowning around. Maybe it's the space-shoes, the space-Frenchiness, maybe he's just a goofy frame to begin with.

All I know is that this Frame is in desperate need of a flair-buff.

P.S.

The Yamako Syadana placement could use a tweak:

2015-02-20_00009.jpg

The blue outlines the spine plugs, the red outlines the Yamako's horns. The yellow attempts (poorly) to show the horns being moved and centered on the spine plugs, removing clipping issues and looking like the Syadana is integrated with the frame.

Edited by Vanadium

That Vauban is obviously an imposter, tsk tsk tsk.

Everybody knows that Vauban is the master race and he...or rather I am as fabulous as I have to be.

People nowadays... <w<

Clearly a space-doppelganger! He doesn't even wear the space-Beret! Even so, who can deny his quest for fabulousness?

Clearly a space-doppelganger! He doesn't even wear the space-Beret! Even so, who can deny his quest for fabulousness?

Talking about the space-beret, apparently people...I mean those other imposters use it so rarely, that others don't even know what it is when they see it

A few days ago someone approached me and asked "is that a new helmet?"

-w- you get my point, I'm like a unicorn

• 2 months later...

Yeah, I've always found Vauban's Noble pose unfitting for his character when he's not holding a weapon (he looks like the one guy doing the wallflower because his friend brought him to a rave against his own will). Especially the idle animation. That's something I'd expect to see on Rhino, not a frame modeled after a famous engineer.

Personally I find both Vauban's noble and agile stances to Be EXTREMELY awkward in general, he looks like he has a stick shoved up his butt.

i68Ihj6.jpg?1

LeXkxo3.jpg?1

Just noticed I posted something in this thread before owo but you know what?

http://a.pomf.se/ecqhex.webm

Can't get any more fab than that owo for those who didn't see it yet

Remove Booben!

Edited by rapt0rman

-snip-

But then, it would be just an empty room owo besides, I called the thread haters gonna hate...or something, to annoy those who think Booben is NOT the master race or are just jealous and stuff

Edited by DJ_Vauban

But then, it would be just an empty room owo besides, I called the thread haters gonna hate...or something, to annoy those who think Booben is NOT the master race or are just jealous and stuff

I should probably clarify, the song played in that is "remove kebab"

(it's actually got some pretty messed up connotations, not that I'm say you should remove it because of that either)

Edited by rapt0rman

Poor Vauban, he has what has to be the most flair-less set of animations in the game. Worst still, his curious design lends itself poorly to the animation sets of other Warframes, leaving him with a depressing lack of personality.

Noble, just tooling aroud:

2015-02-20_00006.jpg

Looking like a wood plank with a bad attitude, fist clenched, ready to bore the system into oblivion. Humor beware.

Noble, action pose:

2015-02-20_00005.jpg

Now, looking like a wood plank with space-constipation. Poor Vabs...

Agile, just chilling out:

2015-02-20_00008.jpg

I don't have a problem with this one. As far as agile poses go, this one is pretty ok, since most others look like they're about to fall over, or half-way through a leg lunge.

Agile, showing off:

2015-02-20_00007.jpg

[space-constipation intensifies]

Why the boring poses? Where's the flair? Here a few ideas to put a spring in this space-Frenchman's step:

-Takes out a few grenades and juggles, ending with an orbiting finale.

-Pantomimes a wall, creating a miniature Bastille section

-Pulls up a Cephalon from a wrist comm, does some debugging

-Pulls up a holographic screen, presses all the buttons

-Gets a grenade maglocked to his hand, struggles to unstick it for a bit.

I don't know why I imagine him clowning around. Maybe it's the space-shoes, the space-Frenchiness, maybe he's just a goofy frame to begin with.

All I know is that this Frame is in desperate need of a flair-buff.

P.S.

The Yamako Syadana placement could use a tweak:

2015-02-20_00009.jpg

The blue outlines the spine plugs, the red outlines the Yamako's horns. The yellow attempts (poorly) to show the horns being moved and centered on the spine plugs, removing clipping issues and looking like the Syadana is integrated with the frame.

+1

Really digging your idle animation suggestions, creative and funny, all of them!

White, black, and orange seems to be a really popular color scheme for Vauban. Heck, I even use it, and here I was thinking I was original until I started seeing other trappermen flaunting my flair.

To be fair, he's actually rather difficult to color. Most other schemes end up making him look like he's wearing a clownsuit.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

White, black, and orange seems to be a really popular color scheme for Vauban. Heck, I even use it, and here I was thinking I was original until I started seeing other trappermen flaunting my flare.

To be fair, he's actually rather difficult to color. Most other schemes end up making him look like he's wearing a clownsuit.

Hence, my suggestions for some new idles.

Nothin' wrong with a little clownin' around!

Dude you just don't understand.

He's...

Tacticool.

I didn't know constipation and tacticool were tight like that. I always thought it was about putting stuff on your gun until it collapses and implodes on itself, creating a tiny black hole cool-paradox.

My mistake.

• 2 weeks later...