The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe's "uniqueness", And My Thoughts On The Matter.

LegendXCarisso

I remember playing this game back in the olden days. It was amazing! PhysX particles bouncing off the walls, swirling around like air.... gunfire and blades clashing.... it was amazing. I miss these days. As this is a "feedback" thread, I'm going to state why I feel these days are dead, and why DE is tossing the PC community in the dumpster, so to speak; neglecting them.

First, let me clarify that Your founders, and PC community is who got you to WHERE YOU ARE TODAY. Without their money, support, playtime, recommendations to friends/family, there's no way this game would be as successful as it is today, which means it probably never would have made it to console either... but, ever since you went multi-platform, there have been changes that are less-than-pleasing to many. First of which being the PBR changes. Changing the golden pieces on the Prime weapons, armor, etc... so that they're no longer golden? Now they don't feel special anymore. No uniqueness to the sets. That $50 Accessories pack with the Targis Prime in it? Now this doesn't look so great anymore. It just feels way too plain now.

Secondly (and this is the big button pusher), the nVidia PhysX. You essentially removed PhysX from us, the PC community and its users, just so you could put some sort of particle system in place for your Console community, and spoon-fed it to us, the PC community and its users as well, without even asking us if we wanted this! You didn't even ask us if we perhaps wanted both to co-exist! Nope. It just lost MORE of its uniqueness. That was what this game was sold to us on back in the days of closed/open beta.

I've spoken to many people, and there's many people who feel the way I do on the forums. Warframe's uniqueness is being taken away, one update at a time... punishing your founders, who gave you money when you were in your infancy days, to help this game prosper. You know who else gets punished for these actions? The massive of the PC community and its players who made it possible to get this game multi-platform.

This is essentially a plea, and a request from myself.... and many others:

"Please do NOT take away the things that made Warframe enjoyable for the PC community!"

It'd be perfectly fine if it co-existed for AMD users, but what of the many who play on nVidia cards?

"What of your PC community. Digital Extremes?"

Tossing pc to the dumpster? That's why we're usually 5 updates ahead of the consoles and have immediate bug fixes?

And are you actually complaining about pbr? The thing we've been asking for for so long so that everything doesn't look like plastic?

I honestly think this is just one of those "back in my day things were better!" Threads that pop up every now and then.

Edited by immolator1001

So you're upset about cosmetic items and cosmetic effects?

Personally, I'm much more irritated about void key drop dilution, void drop rates, void dilution, archwing drop rates, archwing dilution, long-standing game bugs, match making problems, netcode stability, etc.

Well we knew way back then, there were many threads about it, that once the console projects took of pc would take the backseat. There's been plenty of changes I don't agree with or dislike entirely but it's whatever. A lot of veterans have already quit for various reasons but that's just the natural progression of games. A lot of people have also been pissed off in the design council and quit because of that and quit. DC has less than half the value it originally had, sometimes it feels as if we don't matter anymore but again it's whatever. 

On the contrary warframe is moving in a generally positive direction as a whole (all three plats) and the future looks quite bright for it. I have faith in the team that they will continue to make interesting changes and keep all three consoles in mind when making them. I appreciate what they've done so far, and I am glad that I choose this game to invest time and money in.

Tossing pc to the dumpster? That's why we're usually 5 updates ahead of the consoles and have immediate bug fixes?

And are you actually complaining about pbr? The thing we've been asking for for so long so that everything doesn't look like plastic?

I honestly think this is just one of those "back in my day things were better!" Threads that pop up every now and then.

Read the whole thing; not half... then try your call again later. BTW, prime pieces look like plastic NOW. More like leather actually. Also, being 5 updates ahead means nothing when your game is being console-ified.

Edited by LegendXCarisso

We are ahead in updates for an obvious reason, and also the very first line indicates that it is indeed one of those threads.

I don't really care about golden parts in the weapons, I care about the weapon.

I never had a Nvidia Card so I don't care about PhysiX, I like the little particle effects we got.

The only thing that I miss is that dark atmosphere. If the colors of the tilesets were darker and the enemies had a better AI, I would be happy.

Edited by Damuranashi

So...this is all just about PhysX and PBR? 

I'm pretty sure those aren't the only two things that make warframe unique. 

PhysX IS one of the things that make Warframe unique. Go back past Warframe's conception, and tell me how many MMOG/MMORPG-type online games have PhysX features, including APEX Turbulence? Landmark does not count as this is a new game, post-Warframe. You'll find there is not that many.... as in, erm... none. Planetside 2 doesn't count either since they deliberately removed PhysX due to their inability to build a game proper using it.

PhysX IS one of the things that make Warframe unique. Go back past Warframe's conception, and tell me how many MMOG/MMORPG-type online games have PhysX features, including APEX Turbulence? Landmark does not count as this is a new game, post-Warframe. You'll find there is not that many.... as in, erm... none. Planetside 2 doesn't count either since they deliberately removed PhysX due to their inability to build a game proper using it.

I honestly wouldn't know. My computer doesn't support PhysX and Warframe is still plenty unique without it.

physx is a graphical improvement, all happy-shiny movey pretty things. yay!

that plays exactly 0 in my overall expectations about warframe.

personally, i'm about disgusted with gaming in general from the perspective of "but look at our incredible graphics!"

that worked great up through the mid-to-late 00's, because of where they came from. (80's, 90's -- graphics were awful)

but gameplay has suffered INCREDIBLY since the 90's and 00's as companies have spent more and more effort on "the pretty shinies" instead of actually, ya know, making a FUN GAME.

warframe is one of the very few that actually tries to make a fun, engaging game. and while i don't think your grievances should be ignored, i do think you might want to look at this from a larger perspective than, "it doesn't look as good!"

Easy solution, don't play.

If you aren't annoyed yet, read on.

Considering parts which do matter, this little change is of no matter ...

This is still the same game, it's just growing out and around itself.

And what right do you have to talk about founders if you are not one, as I assume by your forum name not having founder badge, I am sorry if this is your second account or whatever...

Yes, ok PhysX was cool to have, the change is not as awesome, but for me it still works.

What Prime Gold color? - I am all for the ability to recolor them, and even not recolored they still look Prime Gold to me ...

Essentially what are you complaining about? Do you not enjoy the game now, because it may be less blingy and less particly?

This game is awesome, with all the new stuff coming, and DE expanding the game, there are points I do not agree, but I suck it up.

Otherwise try SweetFX maybe it will bling up your game back to you, or get on PS4 and play Destiny idk, I hear it's essentially alike Warframe ...

Edited by gvidzix

Read the whole thing; not half... then try your call again later. BTW, prime pieces look like plastic NOW. More like leather actually. Also, being 5 updates ahead means nothing when your game is being console-ified.

ON console all of our Trimming and stuff is still Gold.  I don't see how that's relevant to console joining the game.  I think its more relevant to players from every system constantly complaining about "forced" gold trimming and not being able to change it.   Sounds to me if anything like our future console update is going to get "PC-ified" with this crappy changes.  

Half of PC players myself included when I was on PC couldn't use particle effects anyway.  So again, can't blame consoles for that.  Maybe they just want their game to be consistent for everybody including pc players who have issues with PhysX.  

It sounds to me like you're part of a very small and selfish minority of PC players called elitists who believe you are superior due to your machine - you believe somehow contributed to the game more by playing on pc,  (which I doubt because I've spent more on Warframe than I did my PS4) and then blames all negative changes you don't like to the game on console players.

(I'm willing to bet, though I could be wrong, that DE at this point has made more money off both Consoles with the fact that we don't get discount spins and such. - They aren't where they are because of PC players.  I started at Update 8, that's where they were because of PC players, this game is leagues better now and its ONLY because consoles signed on and DE was able to rake in more funds. 

I bet you screamed and threw a fit with damage 2.0 too when element effects were changed/removed and blamed PS4 like the one I talked to who's entire game experience was over because enemies no longer caught on fire.  

Of the things you said I find it hard to pin either to consoles and would sooner blame the general fanbase OR PC players.  But how either is consoles fault is beyond me.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

physx is a graphical improvement, all happy-shiny movey pretty things. yay!

that plays exactly 0 in my overall expectations about warframe.

personally, i'm about disgusted with gaming in general from the perspective of "but look at our incredible graphics!"

that worked great up through the mid-to-late 00's, because of where they came from. (80's, 90's -- graphics were awful)

but gameplay has suffered INCREDIBLY since the 90's and 00's as companies have spent more and more effort on "the pretty shinies" instead of actually, ya know, making a FUN GAME.

warframe is one of the very few that actually tries to make a fun, engaging game. and while i don't think your grievances should be ignored, i do think you might want to look at this from a larger perspective than, "it doesn't look as good!"

I DO look at it from the broad prospective. PhysX is a game changer I feel. It's not about the shinies; it's about the principle. Let me try stating this again:

Lowering PC users to the lowest common denominator to promote console sales is a terrible, and tactless tactic when the founders and early players ON PC were how DE got their foot through the door IN THE FIRST PLACE!!

PhysX shows you without a doubt your power has gone off as it should. It shows "Woah. That guy is doing something that can HURT me. Maybe it'd be a GOOD IDEA to not waltz on over there." It shows "Those guys are actually affected by my ability/weapon, and I can focus on another target, or get out of dodge." It provided quite a lot of practical uses. Visual aids are very much a thing. To remove these for these dumbed-down, and IMHO, trashy-looking particle system.... particles.

Easy solution, don't play.

If you aren't annoyed yet, read on.

Considering parts which do matter, this little change is of no matter ...

This is still the same game, it's just growing out and around itself.

And what right do you have to talk about founders if you are not one, as I assume by your forum name not having founder badge, I am sorry if this is your second account or whatever...

Yes, ok PhysX was cool to have, the change is not as awesome, but for me it still works.

What Prime Gold color? - I am all for the ability to recolor them, and even not recolored they still look Prime Gold to me ...

Essentially what are you complaining about? Do you not enjoy the game now, because it may be less blingy and less particly?

This game is awesome, with all the new stuff coming, and DE expanding the game, there are points I do not agree, but I suck it up.

Otherwise try SweetFX maybe it will bling up your game back to you, or get on PS4 and play Destiny idk, I hear it's essentially alike Warframe ...

Oh I'm sorry. I wasn't aware I had to be a founder to say anything On behalf of the PC community, and its founders. My reasons for not being a founder are a very long story, but if you're so inclined as to know why, please. By all means, ask me again.... but believe me, if I had gotten the chance to, I would have.

Also, your attitude sucks. Cut the vitriol. Now then.... it HAS changed. DRASTICALLY.  Perfect example of this is Valkyr.

Now if you have a Valkyr, go play her, and compare her abilities to this video. You'll see they're quite different. No more Hysteria + Warcry combo, in which particles would slowly swirl and rise skywards around her before blowing off. No more particles being shoved by the wave of her paralysis before being scattered all over the floor. No more "melting" infested upon despawn. No more particles swirling and dancing around "blinded" targets... just spitting the new particle 2.0 particles. No more particles being left behind by Penta explosions. No more Jat Kitag particle madness. I could go on, but play awhile. You'll see the difference. It's hideous.

....I also would've hoped this made it perfectly clear I do not play consoles. Destiny is also barebones, and DLC-happy. Trash, in other words.

ON console all of our Trimming and stuff is still Gold.  I don't see how that's relevant to console joining the game.  I think its more relevant to players from every system constantly complaining about "forced" gold trimming and not being able to change it.   Sounds to me if anything like our future console update is going to get "PC-ified" with this crappy changes.  

Half of PC players myself included when I was on PC couldn't use particle effects anyway.  So again, can't blame consoles for that.

It sounds to me like you're part of a very small and selfish minority of PC players called elitists who believe you are superior due to your machine - you believe somehow contributed to the game more by playing on pc,  (which I doubt because I've spent more on Warframe than I did my PS4) and then blames all negative changes you don't like to the game on console players.

(I'm willing to bet, though I could be wrong, that DE at this point has made more money off both Consoles with the fact that we don't get discount spins and such. - They aren't where they are because of PC players.  I started at Update 8, this game is leagues better now and its ONLY because consoles signed on and DE was able to rake in more funds. 

I bet you screamed and threw a fit with damage 2.0 too when element effects were changed/removed and blamed PS4.  

Of the things you said I find it hard to pin either to consoles and would sooner blame the general fanbase OR PC players.  But how either affect console is beyond me.  

Oh here we go..... YOU kind of people. Lemme just rip your post to shreds;

A: Not a so-called big bad "Elitist"
B: Never called myself "superior" either.
C: Impossible money calculations due to 1-2 year headstart, 2 consoles =/= 2x the money making.

D: Actually enjoyed Damage 2.0. Kept gameplay fresh.

Now if you're done with that lame attempt at starting the PC vs Console war.... removing PhysX DOES matter towards the consoles, because how else are you going to get particles on consoles with AMD graphical units? But the bigger question has still been asked as in my opening post:

"Why remove PhysX from PC nVidia users when the systems could simply co-exist together?"

No reason it cannot, and no reason to remove PhysX. It's a tactic called "selling out" and it has been done countless times. "Why do you think PC users get so many console ports these days?" Simple answer; "Because there's more money in selling on consoles first." Next question; "When your MMO has been on PC for 1-2 years prior, and you bring it to console, why should any PC-key features change?"

Edited by LegendXCarisso

Oh here we go..... YOU kind of people. Lemme just rip your post to shreds;

A: Not a so-called big bad "Elitist"
B: Never called myself "superior" either.
C: Impossible money calculations due to 1-2 year headstart, 2 consoles =/= 2x the money making.

D: Actually enjoyed Damage 2.0. Kept gameplay fresh.

Now if you're done with that lame attempt at starting the PC vs Console war.... removing PhysX DOES matter towards the consoles, because how else are you going to get particles on consoles with AMD graphical units? But the bigger question has still been asked as in my opening post:

"Why remove PhysX from PC nVidia users when the systems could simply co-exist together?"

No reason it cannot, and no reason to remove PhysX. It's a tactic called "selling out" and it has been done countless times. "Why do you think PC users get so many console ports these days?" Simple answer; "Because there's more money in selling on consoles first." Next question; "When your MMO has been on PC for 1-2 years prior, and you bring it to console, why should any PC-key features change?"

1. Sound like an elitsit to me... all I've read is "wah wah wah, console this, console that, muh PhysX"

2. You don't have to say everything, your attitude says it for you.  You are clearly an elitist and you are acting superior like playing on PC makes you a God, clearly founders and other PC players are not on your side... I wonder why, maybe its the elitism and acting like you're owed something..  

3. It was out a year before the PS4 version, exactly 1 year.  It's not impossible to make a guess my friend.  We never had platinum discounts, DE loses 75% of their profit to you guys all the time.  I'd find it hard to believe consoles and PC aren't close to even in contributions - and regardless, what makes YOUR contributions better than mine exactly?  You aren't even a founder, to me your opinion is worth dirt.  You aren't even a core PC player, just a whiny one.  

4. You actually started the console war with this whole topic and blaming consoles for things.... A simple re-read of your post will show you what a fool you are.  (I did mention previously I was on PC right, and still couldn't use PhysX, I prefer PC, you're the one crying about consoles like a baby)

Lastly its not a key feature, did you ever think it wasn't worth keeping or developing Particle Effects anymore if only 1/10 of the player base including PC players can use it.  I know as a developer I wouldn't fund it, because its goddamned pointless and doesn't make a real difference in the game.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

-snip-

Lastly its not a key feature, did you ever think it wasn't worth keeping or developing Particle Effects anymore if only 1/10 of the player base including PC players can use it.  I know as a developer I wouldn't fund it, because its goddamned pointless and doesn't make a real difference in the game.  

^ this.

it's pretty, hooray...

doesn't really make much different in the long-run if it exists or not.

1. Sound like an elitsit to me... all I've read is "wah wah wah, console this, console that, muh PhysX"

2. You don't have to say everything, your attitude says it for you.  You are clearly an elitist and you are acting superior like playing on PC makes you a God, clearly founders and other PC players are not on your side... I wonder why, maybe its the elitism and acting like you're owed something..  

3. It was out a year before the PS4 version, exactly 1 year.  It's not impossible to make a guess my friend.  We never had platinum discounts, DE loses 75% of their profit to you guys all the time.  I'd find it hard to believe consoles and PC aren't close to even in contributions - and regardless, what makes YOUR contributions better than mine exactly?

4. You actually started the console war with this whole topic and blaming consoles for things.... A simple re-read of your post will show you what a fool you are.  

Lastly its not a key feature, did you ever think it wasn't worth keeping or developing Particle Effects anymore if only 1/10 of the player base including PC players can use it.  

1: Afraid you didn't read anything I had to say, just to attempt to troll a response.

2: Oh, so caring for a game I've spent money on, actively enjoyed, and loved... makes me an elitist? So apparently I'm a god? Surely, you jest. Also.... I feel it will take a ton more than 10+ users to count as a "consensus" here, when I clearly have posters in other threads stating the polar opposite of the ones in MY thread. So far, only the ones who are fine with these changes seem to post here.... not those who are not. Wait awhile, and see if anything changes.

3: So..... where did you come up with the magical number of 75%? Way I see it... people are more inclined to buy Plat during these sales, so.. where's your numbers?

4: I started nothing. You assumed. Good day, sir.

^ this.

it's pretty, hooray...

doesn't really make much different in the long-run if it exists or not.

Once again, he makes the mistake of spouting figures without actual numbers to back it up. I can pretty much tell you there's definitely a LOT more than just the 1/10th he figures who took advantage of it. But again, without numbers the argument is pointless.

Edited by LegendXCarisso

1: Afraid you didn't read anything I had to say, just to attempt to troll a response.

2: Oh, so caring for a game I've spent money on, actively enjoyed, and loved... makes me an elitist? So apparently I'm a god? Surely, you jest. Also.... I feel it will take a ton more than 10+ users to count as a "consensus" here, when I clearly have posters in other threads stating the polar opposite of the ones in MY thread. So far, only the ones who are fine with these changes seem to post here.... not those who are not. Wait awhile, and see if anything changes.

3: So..... where did you come up with the magical number of 75%? Way I see it... people are more inclined to buy Plat during these sales, so.. where's your numbers?

4: I started nothing. You assumed. Good day, sir.

1. No I did read it... go back to the first Page, press F3 and find every instance of the word console.  Up until my post, almost every one is you complaining about them = Elitism. 

2. I don't 'jest'.  You can see me as a troll all you want, I just disagree with you.  

I came here to read your post seriously and I saw a whole lot of blaming consoles for things that have nothing to do with consoles.  That is what an elitist who thinks he's better because he's on PC does.  I won't explain it again.

3. Uhh are you dumb or what...you have a daily login wheel that gives 75% discounts on platinum at any given time, PC only.  Do you even play this game?

4. Let me copy and paste for you then:

"so you could put some sort of particle system in place for your Console community"

Sounds like some elitism and blaming going on there to me.  Bad liar is bad at lying.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

-snip-

Once again, he makes the mistake of spouting figures without actual numbers to back it up. I can pretty much tell you there's definitely a LOT more than just the 1/10th he figures who took advantage of it. But again, without numbers the argument is pointless.

the figures don't really matter.

overall game players: pc, ps4, xbox

only pc can use physx

pc: nvidia, ati

only nvidia can use physx

5 different categories of players, of which only one can use that effect.

i don't know what the numbers of nvidia pc players are in comparison to the rest of the overall bulk, but it really doesn't matter because as a developer it isn't worth spending the time and effort to concentrate on it to the exclusion of everybody else.