Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Weapon Statistics

J-Pax

Here it is!

A full spreadsheet detailing weapon damage per second/minute and ammo viability!

Feel free to peruse and comment!
Theoretical DPS & DPM Comparisons:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AuHoCLjaY5C2dHBRUk5PMUVQdkV2N3ZIZnlmYXpBZGc&single=true&gid=0&output=html

Weapon Builds - Maximum DPS for Enemy Type (Work in Progress):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AuHoCLjaY5C2dGpmN0R4bnNqNDhrRXNPaFlqT1pvN3c&output=html

Special thanks go out to:

DE_Steve
Grineeer
Shmidley

For their help and input during the process.

Note: Some fields are not complete for critical chances on ranged weapons, and most details for melee weapons. These will be updated once the weapon transparency patch for the in-game UI is implemented (Rumoured U8) so expect full details in a couple of weeks!

Note#2: Melee is currently incomplete. Hopefully on Sunday I will have time to incorporate melee swing time for charge attacks, that and crit damage. Crit chance will have to wait until the U8 launch in a few weeks when weapon statistic transparency is incorporated into the game UI.

Spreadsheet Guide:

This spreadsheet is designed to show basic weapon raw damage per second, damage per minute including reload times for you nay-sayers and a section that shows how the weapons DPM is affected as if they had every card buffing the weapon. Although you may say "But you can't slot every card" or "You don't have enough mod power to slot all the highest cards" it's not the purpose of the graphs. It's to show which weapons top the damage tables when functioning under the same conditions and which ones are woefully lacking. Something also to note is that although the charts may show a high DPM ranking, the weapons may suffer from accuracy, or may have additional bonuses that let them out perform other weapons such as bolt ammunition. The statistics that are highlighted in red are inaccurate or not confirmed to be true, the white values *barring a few that may have changed recently* are all accurate to my knowledge.

Update:
-Working on second spreadsheet that maps card weightings, mod power, mod limits and polarizations. Gonna be silent for a while during the process. To everyone who helped, thanks. To everyone that moaned, complained and did not understand that the spreadsheet is useful as a guide for people unaware of weapon viability...well, yeah. Thanks for nothing.

PUBLIC OPPINION:

For the stats that I'm now working on I'm going to need to assume player accuracy. Assuming all your shots hit a target, how many do you think will hit the enemy's weakpoint? E.G. Versus a Grineer Lancer I can assume a 60% HS accuracy, meaning 40% body shots hitting below the neck. PM me your suggestions, as well as for anything else I could model!

Once the optional reset hits, I'll be taking it. I'll be using the accuracy statistics for each gun after several hours play to determine rough values for the average player accuracy.

Edited by J-Pax

I guess so, yeah. I love my statistics. It seems someone's already beaten me to it with an app though!

Mind you, this gives you somewhere to weigh up weapons as well on a spreadsheet. I'll soon implement enemy types and mod power calculations...one day....

I guess so, yeah. I love my statistics. It seems someone's already beaten me to it with an app though!

Mind you, this gives you somewhere to weigh up weapons as well on a spreadsheet. I'll soon implement enemy types and mod power calculations...one day....

might as well replace the warframe wiki stats compare, but good job

Here it is!

A full spreadsheet detailing weapon damage per second/minute and ammo viability!

Feel free to peruse and comment!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AuHoCLjaY5C2dHBRUk5PMUVQdkV2N3ZIZnlmYXpBZGc&single=true&gid=0&output=html

Special thanks go out to:

DE_Steve

Grineeer

Schmidley

For their help and input during the process.

Note: Some fields are not complete for critical chances on ranged weapons, and most details for melee weapons. These will be updated once the weapon transparency patch for the in-game UI is implemented (Rumoured U8) so expect full details in a couple of weeks!

The Lex has less damage, firerate, reloads slower, and has less crit chance than the Kraken, yet is rated above the Kraken?

H-what?

Also Dual Zorens have a 2.0 fire rate not a 1.1, as they're the rightfully awarded winner of the long jump contest.

Also Dual Zorens have a 2.0 fire rate not a 1.1, as they're the rightfully awarded winner of the long jump contest.

Actually Fang is better for that because it attacks multiple times.

Edited by DishSoap

These dps are very basic. Not even reload time is considered.

And the ranking is totally useless cause it is Total Damage for Ammo pool instead of total dps per clip + reload time.

The only thing, that is interesting for me is: Is the data from DE or from the Wiki or made up? So I can update my own Spreadsheet which is way more accurate

Edited by Thypari2013

According to the wiki, a number of heavy melee weapons do 200 charge damage and have a 2 second charge time.  This information is not in the spread sheet.  Which source is correct?

Please ignore the melee weapons on this spreadsheet- the data is mostly plugged in to verify the formula integrity. A lot of the UI stats in game is bonkers and I'll be damned if I have the energy to go through 30 odd melee weapons and just test 1 swing and 1 charge attack to get actual values. De_Steve did say to me that there was a new UI being implemented with much more transparency in terms of weapon stats for a future update, so those will be updated as soon as (within a few hours) that update goes live. The guns should be fairly accurate however.

look its annoying enough to bother withe gorgon , the paris is an utter pain to model

Actually it's not too bad, forgot about it though. Basically you just have to use the formula for a melee weapon, it's functionally the same.

Do all the melee weapons really have the same critical chance? I thought a few were supposed to be higher than others.

Yeah melee weapon stats aren't complete purely because their stats haven't been mentioned in past patch notes, thus I haven't been able to plug them into the spreadsheet. It'll all get done in due time though!

These dps are very basic. Not even reload time is considered.

And the ranking is totally useless cause it is Total Damage for Ammo pool instead of total dps per clip + reload time.

The only thing, that is interesting for me is: Is the data from DE or from the Wiki or made up? So I can update my own Spreadsheet which is way more accurate

Actually, reload time IS considered.

Damage per second is purely bullets fired x damage per bullet.

Damage per minute takes into account reload times.

Also, my other comparisons are useful for comparing burst damage, damage longevity and how valuable a weapon is for it's Damage per minute versus how much damage it's ammo pool will actually do over it's lifetime.

So in essence - please don't slate my work because you can't be bothered to read through my work properly. All the data is taken from either DE or in-game experimentation where it can reasonably be obtained.

Edited by J-Pax

According to the wiki, a number of heavy melee weapons do 200 charge damage and have a 2 second charge time.  This information is not in the spread sheet.  Which source is correct?

neither honestly, this guy has numbers all over that dont even match the stats visable in game  and the wiki is open for edits from anyone.

ps why were there no less than 5 unannounce weapon stat changes last patch

Edited by Geuax

The Lex has less damage, firerate, reloads slower, and has less crit chance than the Kraken, yet is rated above the Kraken?

H-what?

Kraken has a 2.5% critical chance iirc from the weapon notes. Lex has a 15% critical chance.

Also melee weapons are far from complete, I haven't spent time testing for their data, however the new UI system that'll be implemented apparently offers a lot more transparency so I'll spend a couple hours updating for completeness and accuracy when that gets put in.

neither honestly, this guy has numbers all over that dont even match the stats visable in game  and the wiki is open for edits from anyone.

ps why were there no less than 5 unannounce weapon stat changes last patch

Some of my stats are pulled directly from the weapon updates notes, some are pulled from the in-game UI, some are pulled from actual testing in-game. I have no idea on the unannounced weapon changes, that's not my role unfortunately :(

Im noticing a couple of flat errors, some of which are pretty glaring.

Such as the Fang having a listed fire rate of 1, but still using the value for only a single swing of damage: 15.

In actuality the Fang hits 3 times every 1.5 seconds.

Other than some stuff like that it's a pretty interesting read. Made me pull out my Aklatos again, and promptly wonder why I EVER used anything else, aside from my Lex when I was sniping.

EDIT: I tried to look at the thing that said "Read This" and looked around for explinations, but couldnt find them, so apologies if I've missed something :D And in either case, this is still good work and I personally appreciate it being publically released!

Edited by Slifar