Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Weapon Statistics

J-Pax

then dont use his numbers and stop arguing. it is up to the user to evaluate a gun on its stats.

i like to have the reload figured in for  fast fire guns but dont even go past raw per bullet damage for semi auto guns.

but then again i have MY OWN SPREADSHEET.  If you Dont like even seeing J-rexes Dps numbers just make your own

Go play with your spreadsheet.

This is pretty good. Nice work. May I suggest adding accuracy to all of the firearms?  I sometimes favor a more guaranteed shot over total DPS. Its really cool though, thanks for posting :)

EDIT: Sorry if this has already been mentioned. I thought I read all the pages before posting. Got sidetracked lol

Typically each weapon has an extremely high first shot accuracy, I don't know the specific mechanics, but I do plan to make models based on general player accuracy, like 60% headshot damage, 40% body damage from a burst of fire and the accuracy penalty. However I don't really have a way to measure those stats so that in itself is a guess.

Alright, so basically all the dps calculations are guesses since nearly all of the weapons got red boxes..

About as informative as the wiki. Perhaps even less informative

Bitfly, while I agree that this data is not 100% accurate, I would posit to you that this data is within 5-8% of actual game performance. That means in general the high up weapons will still be within one place of where they are now on the DPM graph.

And please don't compare me to the wiki, I have more integrity/consistancy in my number gathering than there :P

Edited by J-Pax

Go play with your spreadsheet.

I think you might be confusing me with another participant in this thread :P I'm the one with the spreadsheet. Anyway, what do you mean by "Fraudulent DPS"? Ihave you spotted a major issue?

I'm more than willing to change the spreadsheet for the purpose of the project.

I hate tracking big threads like this, but is this up to date?

It says snipetron is 115 base damage, but its only 100 damage?

Can someone quote me so I know If I get a reply?

Thanks

It's in a perpetual state of being updated. You are right though, snipetron now does 100 damage. I didn't spot the update notes for weapon balances when it came around. Cheers!

According to the wiki, a number of heavy melee weapons do 200 charge damage and have a 2 second charge time.  This information is not in the spread sheet.  Which source is correct?

Just been updated here :) I was originally going to wait until the U8 weapon transparency came about, but I had some time to test the melee weapons.

I think you might be confusing me with another participant in this thread :P I'm the one with the spreadsheet. Anyway, what do you mean by "Fraudulent DPS"? Ihave you spotted a major issue?

I'm more than willing to change the spreadsheet for the purpose of the project.

Go play with your spreadsheet was directed at Geuax.

Without including reload in DPS you are saying that the weapon has infinite ammo magazine.

If you want the damage before having to reload then you want to calculate the damage per clip.  Or, you could pick a time interval, maybe that of the weapon that empties it's clip the fastest, and calculate the damage that each weapon does in that time span.  These would be valid damage calculation that do not involve reload.

Go play with your spreadsheet was directed at Geuax.

Without including reload in DPS you are saying that the weapon has infinite ammo magazine.

If you want the damage before having to reload then you want to calculate the damage per clip.  Or, you could pick a time interval, maybe that of the weapon that empties it's clip the fastest, and calculate the damage that each weapon does in that time span.  These would be valid damage calculation that do not involve reload.

That's what the DPM is, DPS is literally how much damage you would do in a second. Damage per minute includes reload times and time spent firing. The purpose being that when you're fighting trash mobs you generally don't spend long firing at them, maybe half a second if that at higher mod levels. The DPM is there for the sustained fights where you'd fight a boss or high HP target.

Edited by J-Pax

Awesome spreadsheet! I'm making a warframe loadout calculator atm and this helps out alot. It would be amazing if you made one for all the warframes too.

No problem, when I'm doing categorizing everything I'll take a look at warframes, although they're pretty hard to configure for everything. What I'm most worried about is U8 and the fabled prestige system, that'll definitely screw with my spreadsheets X)

The main thing I would say the spreadsheet is missing, is enemy vulnerabilities. For instance, Boltor against Braton Vandal. They have a similar DPM but Boltor will probably perform much better than the Braton on Grineer Troopers, etc.

So you basically have to set up specific scenarios with enemy vulnerabilities included.

Bugger, hidden updates! :p

Edited by SymphNo9

The main thing I would say the spreadsheet is missing, is enemy vulnerabilities. For instance, Boltor against Braton Vandal. They have a similar DPM but Boltor will probably perform much better than the Braton on Grineer Troopers, etc.

So you basically have to set up specific scenarios with enemy vulnerabilities included.

Bugger, hidden updates! :p

Mwahahahahahaaaaaa *twiddles evil moustache*

Mwahahahahahaaaaaa *twiddles evil moustache*

/sand_castle_stomp_into_picknick_poops

>.> your best loadouts are still going well over the 60 energy caps

<.< crit mods are still the 2 worst gun mods

>.> good try

That's what the DPM is, DPS is literally how much damage you would do in a second. Damage per minute includes reload times and time spent firing. The purpose being that when you're fighting trash mobs you generally don't spend long firing at them, maybe half a second if that at higher mod levels. The DPM is there for the sustained fights where you'd fight a boss or high HP target.

No, DPS is Damage PER Second.  DPM, is Damage PER Minute.  Per means for each.  Damage Per Second means Damage For Each Second.

What you describe is DWS, Damage Within 1 second, not Damage for Each Second.

There is all the difference in the world.  Damage Within 1 Second occurs within the time interval from 0 to 1 second.  You begin with initial conditions a t = 0 seconds.

Damage Per Second is damage at each 1 second interval, at any 1 second interval.   This implies that all the 1 second intervals are the same.   The only way that all the 1 second intervals can be the same is if future and past events are factored into times when they do not occur.

Additionally, a minute contains 60 seconds.  This mean s that DPS is DPM / 60 and DPM = 60 DPS.  Which means that if reload is factored into DPM, it is factored into DPS.  So, your DPM and DPS calculations contradict each other which means at least one of them is wrong.

No, DPS is Damage PER Second.  DPM, is Damage PER Minute.  Per means for each.  Damage Per Second means Damage For Each Second.

There is all the difference in the world.  Damage Within 1 Second occurs within the time interval from 0 to 1 second.  You begin with initial conditions a t = 0 seconds.

Damage Per Second is damage at each 1 second interval, at any 1 second interval.   This implies that all the 1 second intervals are the same.   The only way that all the 1 second intervals can be the same is if future and past events are factored into times when they do not occur.

Additionally, a minute contains 60 seconds.  This mean s that DPS is DPM / 60 and DPM = 60 DPS.  Which means that if reload is factored into DPM, it is factored into DPS.  So, your DPM and DPS calculations contradict each other which means at least one of them is wrong.

That's what I am saying all the long. Thanks for the better phrasing

good job at arguing symantics. At no point have you raise a single valid point for J-rex to change his system .

Thanks a lot for sharing.

Also I think you miscalculated Burston's DPS, you are considering it as a single shot and not a triple shot weapon.

Edit: Same thing for all burst weapons actually.

Edited by FullSupport

/sand_castle_stomp_into_picknick_poops

>.> your best loadouts are still going well over the 60 energy caps

<.< crit mods are still the 2 worst gun mods

>.> good try

Crit mods are on their own yes, HOWEVER if you calculate DPS improvement per mod power when both are put in together....well...the results are surprising.

On the mod power thing, I'll take a look...which ones did you spot? It's easy with the sheets to change it down so it's not a massive problem. I blame it on lack of sleep. Majorly. This thing eats time like a hyperactive ritalin kid with ready brek.

Edited by J-Pax

Thanks a lot for sharing.

Also I think you miscalculated Burston's DPS, you are considering it as a single shot and not a triple shot weapon.

Edit: Same thing for all burst weapons actually.

Nope. Take a look at it's stats: 3.3 shots per second. It takes a bit under 1 second to fire a burst, therefore all 3 are calculated in it's rate of fire :)

What you have to remember is that while the Burston DOES have incredibly low focused DPS it does do very well on multiple targets. Burst here, burst there, two enemies dead. It actually works very well because the interim between shots (what brings it's DPS way down) actually is a benefit in enemy tracking time - so on trash it actually functions as well as other guns. It's just the big HP enemies it's rubbish at. Thank god they gave us a pistol slot right? :P

Edited by J-Pax

Crit mods are on their own yes, HOWEVER if you calculate DPS improvement per mod power when both are put in together....well...the results are surprising.

On the mod power thing, I'll take a look...which ones did you spot? It's easy with the sheets to change it down so it's not a massive problem. I blame it on lack of sleep. Majorly. This thing eats time like a hyperactive ritalin kid with ready brek.

the issue is  the limit of energy after the top 4-5 mods you  pushing the cap on power and you dont have room for both crit mods.

i mean the ~60% gain of maxing crit on the grankata ( the gun with the best crit build) is awful for the 18 energy you sink to get it

- as for going over the mod cap i can only say with certainty that  the latron is over with 66/60 energy used,( its my old trusty gun). but a few of the other gun with polarities look like they are pushing it

You're very passionate about this. I'm glad you are but, in all honesty, if the only problem you have with my spreadsheet is that I've called something by a different, albeit quite similar, name then I intend to take that as a compliment.

Here's an example that I think *could* justify it if I'm grasping your issue correctly - I run and gun a lot. I ran into a room, held the trigger down and switched targets nigh instantly upon death. I did not reload in this sample. In this situation I did an amount of damage equal to the total health of all the enemies I killed, over a time period. The way I'd describe this is Damage done/Time in seconds -> Damage Per Second.

the issue is the limit of energy after the top 4-5 mods you pushing the cap on power and you dont have room for both crit mods.

i mean the ~60% gain of maxing crit on the grankata ( the gun with the best crit build) is awful for the 18 energy you sink to get it

- as for going over the mod cap i can only say with certainty that the latron is over with 66/60 energy used,( its my old trusty gun). but a few of the other gun with polarities look like they are pushing it

I'll fix the latron ASAP. I've tried to be very careful with my mod calcs, and you are quite right there. Working on it now, thanks for posting it :)

On the Subject of critical - it's objectively better in it's value because it amplifies everything, rather than another elemental mod adding additional damage, this gets less and less valuable per mod power the more you slot, whereas critical mods add more the more you slot. I'll do comparison tables for your latron so you can see the DPS differences.

Check out the Latron sheet in my workbook, it has annotations explaining as I go. If there's anything not clear then by all means say so and I'll try to elaborate.

Edited by J-Pax

You're very passionate about this. I'm glad you are but, in all honesty, if the only problem you have with my spreadsheet is that I've called something by a different, albeit quite similar, name then I intend to take that as a compliment.

Here's an example that I think *could* justify it if I'm grasping your issue correctly - I run and gun a lot. I ran into a room, held the trigger down and switched targets nigh instantly upon death. I did not reload in this sample. In this situation I did an amount of damage equal to the total health of all the enemies I killed, over a time period. The way I'd describe this is Damage done/Time in seconds -> Damage Per Second.

How would you calculate damage done in 1 hour?