Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Laser Barrier

Cathulhu

I don't know if they got added with the last patch or i was just "lucky" not encountering these, but i noticed something interesting about these.

An Excalibur Warframe can just dash through a laser barrier with it's first skill.

I know that shooting the security camera disables these, i consider this a bug since you aren't supposed to just walk through a barrier.

If you keep dashing through them, you will eventually end up with no energy and a bugged instance where even if all the camers you see are gone... your lazors are still up.

Happened to us, so... do everyone a favor and just kill all the cameras up xD

If anyone using Enemy Radar artifact, you will know exactly where the cameras are without having to look for the light =P

Yea they were either broken or not there last patch. Now they are back, I personaly and super happy about it!! I missed the laser doors, mostly because, now i have a reason to shoot the cameras XD lol

There's always been a reason to shoot the camera's...

Yea they were either broken or not there last patch. Now they are back, I personaly and super happy about it!! I missed the laser doors, mostly because, now i have a reason to shoot the cameras XD lol

Why in god's name would you actually want those horrible, buggy, pain in the &#! lasers back?

All they do is just make the already annoying as hell Corpus missions even more annoying.

They fulfill absolutely no other purpose other than shamelessly trolling you at every turn.

If they want to keep them in the game, they should at least make them not do damage. It's quite enough that I get knocked down and have to ponder on my mistake for 5 seconds, is it really necessary for me to lose half my shields or even health whenever I run into one of these?

Also there's always a reason to shoot cameras. If nothing else it disables turrets.

Edited by Kfoolu

Corpus mission means:

• Bring Freeze, shields hate it.
  • Bring electricty, robotics hate it.
  • Shoot the shield drone first.
  • Every room has camera spawns - learn them by heart.
  • Scan every possible spawn as you pass it by and shoot the camera.

Simple stuff. Never had issues with laser doors past the first few encounters.

Corpus mission means:

Forgot to indicate, Careful with the MOA spawners... They can be real nasty if you get caught by surprise

I posses A bitter dispositon for these lazer barriers. They seperate squad members and let excalibur through whilest you sit there pinned in a room as the excalibur loots and kills everything.

They are a pain and I dislike them alot.

Yes Excaliburs, please do dash through the lasers. It saves the Lokis the trouble of having to throw down a decoy first. =P

It really breaks the fluid of the battle in my opinion. Especially in public matches, people will walk into another room, I'll walk THROUGH the door, and they'll trip a camera off and I'll get smacked back in the direction I came, and if I'm missing my shields because I'm trying to get away from something, then that could possibly kill me or zap my health.

I like the concept, if you are going to keep it, maybe reserve it for the higher levels where teamwork is much more coordinated?

the lasers fences are terrible and add nothing to the game other then tedium and annoynce there is no reason for them but if you are going to keep them please don't have a camera half way across the world trigger every laser fence on the ship

I've found for me sprint sliding and sprint rolling can let me pass through the laser barriers when they are up provided the door doesn't lag when opening. The only buggy issue I have with them is it seems if anyone anywhere in the level trips a camera then every barrier in the ship activates.

I have had several instances where I have been in a mission and the laser barriers trigger when I am in one of the small storage rooms, making it almost impossible to escape from if I am A) not in the Excalibur suit and B) out of energy.

I understand that they are there to provide more of a challenge, but in my experiences they are frustrating annoyances and actually discourage co-op play (particularly if you do not have a pre-made squad to run with). I would certainly like to see them altered so that they are not anti-fun.

imho the laser door things seem to be kind of a bad design choice in general. For me as the player it seems like the laser doors break up gameplay way too often. it works as an interesting challenge when you walk into a room, get swarmed and try to retreat, only to find that your exit has been blocked off, or when your team gets seperated qui gon/obi wan/darth maul style and youre forced to hold out until your team can come back you up, but most of the time they just end up unnecessarilly breaking up the action, which doesn't seem like a great idea in a fast paced shooter, especially one as melee/cqc-centric as this one. in addition, it's extremely frustrating when im sprinting to my next objective or running away from enemies or rushing to help a teammate or whatever and get zapped by a laser barrier since its impossible to tell whether or not there is a laser barrier active when the door around it is closed. This is made worse by the fact that every level in the game (at least as far as ive gotten) has such a similar aesthetic that it is very easy to forget that im in a level with laser barriers when im used to simply being able to rush through doorways normally.

Corpus mission means:

Not every room has i everytime you play a corpus mission some rooms are completely clean from cameras, and I'm not talking about the storage.

I think part of the problem is that the are everywhere in corpus missions. Not only that, but they trigger all laser barriers on all doors, not just on the doors of their adjacent tile/room. Could really use a slight nerf to the sheer amount, being more relevant in certain areas versus others, and only triggering nearby laser barriers.

These things are incredibly confusing. We spent a couple missions getting killed seemingly at random by laser barriers that seemed to go up and down with no obvious explanation. Players shouldn't have to dig through forums to try and figure out how to finish an early-game mission.

These things are incredibly confusing. We spent a couple missions getting killed seemingly at random by laser barriers that seemed to go up and down with no obvious explanation. Players shouldn't have to dig through forums to try and figure out how to finish an early-game mission.

I feel like there should be an "intro" mission for each faction, when you first start encountering them. In those, Lotus should give briefings on the weaknesses and attributes of each faction. Now, if people rush through these and don't pay attention, it's their own damned fault if they can't figure stuff out later.

I recently started playing and encountered these things.

First thing I think everyone tries is trying to activate/deactivate the side panel, and subsequently trying to destroy it. Of course, neither works.

I had NO idea how to deal with the barriers (aside from dashing through, wasting energy) until I decided to go onto the forums just now. Now I know to shoot the cameras... what cameras?

It's not clear in any way on what to do about the barriers. Now I know that there's something I need to shoot, but I only know that because I decided to go to the forums. I'm not saying it should be super-obvious what to do, but it needs to be less cryptic. Unless they are supposed to be this freaking frequent, then they HAVE to be obvious, otherwise people will just get annoyed because it stunts the gameplay.

Edited by inkBot

what cameras?

Made a video about it. Gameplay: Honey, we're on camera.

I don't want to come across like a n elitist $&*^ here, but the connection of atomated defenses (laser barriers, turrets) to cameras is a natural one, is it not? I mean ... maybe I have been gaming for too long, but is it really necessary to have every little aspect explained, or is it alright to ask the player to think? Because I did not encounter the barriers as an issue after I bumped into them once or twice. The natural solution was taking out the blinking, shining, beeping cameras that switched colours whenever the barriers came on and the turrets started shooting.