Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Games You Don't Play Anymore? (Off-Topic)

Somedude1000

Salutations all! As ya know already, part of being someone who enjoys video games, is that one day you might not continue enjoying particular games anymore, theres a whole bunch of reasons why, and I felt it would be interesting to hear about other peoples experiences with this

For me, one of them was World of Tanks, a game I enjoyed very much with its intricacies and interesting machines... That is, until eventually, battle statistics became such an integral part of the game that I couldnt enter a single random match without people constantly chastising  and berating my below average-average battle statistics (at one point, I was so distressed with this I'd cut myself each time this happened) 

How about you guys? What games did you previously play and how have they impacted you?

Minecraft. I just felt like I did everything there was to do in it and since none of my friends play anymore I didn't feel any need to play myself.

Ah minecraft, proof that even in a game of infinite possibilities, without people to play it becomes a bore to play (btw congrats on the namechange!)

Doom, but I will return to it eventually.

Now that's one game I haven't heard mentioned for quite some time! I think theres still a large cult-following for it though

War Thunder. Complete dissapointment after dissapointment. I want to see it succeed. I'll wait.

Oddly, youre not the first fellow I know who's said this about that game O.o

Edited by Somedude1000

Runescape, old runescape really was alot better then it is now.

I guess it was nice while it lasted thoguh at least >_>

Guild wars 2. Haven't touched it since they released a complete rework of the skill trees, that has made almost most of may hard earned gear and builds redundant, I was very miffed then. Can't see myself returning either, as I'm simply not motivated enough. Just glad I found Warfame after! :)

Had a clannie with 2k+ hours in that game, lol, when he talked about the day he quit Guild Wars 2... his anger, now THAT was rage in it's purest form, heh 

Blacklight: Retribution

It was so much fun, I spent my whole summer playing it. But...it died out. 

AND NOW IT GOT PICKED UP AGAIN!.

And also a game called Persona 3 but here's the thing. The game is single player but is simply a masterpiece. And it changed my life. 

I was still a kid when it came out, and at that same time, my grandmother had passed on. I learnt about the concept of death on that day, and I was scared beyond reason. I would cry constantly and refuse to leave my room out of fear that I would die. One day, my dad came back with a couple of games to try and calm me down. Among those was of course Persona 3. 

I was quite a receptive and knowledgeable kid, everyone said I was an adult in a kids body, because I understood adult subjects very easily. So when Persona 3's theme is all about death, it should've made things worse right? Well...not really. The game is all about how the characters deal with death and overcome it, but that's not all, the final boss of the battle says these quotes: 

"Only with strength can one endure suffering and torment."

"You cannot avoid death."

"In the face of disaster lies opportunity for renewal."

The one above is my favorite, because it says everything you need to know about tragedies. When they happen, it is an oppurtunity to renew yourself, to become something new, and it perfectly applies to me during the whole situation.

"Celebrate life's grandeur... Its brilliance... its magnificence..."

These quotes made me understand something. 

Death is inevitable. It'll come no matter what. To accept it will remove the fears within you, because even though death is the end, life is both amazing and wonderful. 

I know it's morbid, but hey, you asked how the games you stopped playing impacted you.

Edited by ScrublordPrime

My biggest ones I stopped playing? Skyrim and Guild Wars 2.

Skyrim: I got sick of it just bugging out. I had all the unofficial patches and about 3 mods. All fine, no crashing or anything. Install some meshfixes for water? Nope. Totally broken. After the sixth reinstall I gave in. Shame, I'd started modding for Skyrim too.

GW2: Was all fine til they changed traits and everything. My lvl 50+ Charrdian went completely down the drain as a healer-tank. I couldn't see myself releveling my Charrdian (or any of my other characters) so I just decided to screw it and uninstall.

There's a few games I don't play right now because of space issues (games nowadays require so much gigs @_@) but every so often I cycle them back in. On the other hand AVP (1999/Classic) and AVP2 are "carry everywhere ever" games for me. Installed them onto the school servers once, many people played. Fun times :'D

Edited by Tyrala

Adventurers.png

Dragon Nest.

Gameplay, especially PvP and bosses are great. Controls are smooth and still fast-paced compare to its competitors: C9, Vindictus. There are unique characters (except Assassin, and as unique as Warframe's warframes) which people can play around for.

Game was amazing until Lv60 cap. It sucks that the game's party setups fell from various tank+DPS or healer+DPS into maximized DPS-only, along with rich-players-only contents. The current party meta made many classes inviable since "it doesn't maximizes party DPS" or "this class deals better damage/support than another class".

I had return last month to grind my Guardian(which is one of the tanking classes), reached max level(80) and tried to catch up. but to no avail since I need to invest my gold to several grindwalls and RNGwalls.

Still hoping they redo every classes' balances and all... but then again EYEdentity are greedy Koreans with greedy CEOs and have no sense of balance. Released 2 OP classes that made the class balance fall just because some idiots are too gullible for OP classes. They made Assassin class OP just because it was racking up money from rich players who are willing to buy its costumes.

I really hope DE doesn't fall from grace like them.

Edited by faustias

There's a few games I don't play right now because of space issues (games nowadays require so much gigs @_@) but every so often I cycle them back in.

I know dat feel bruh *feelz ensues*

Blacklight: Retribution

It was so much fun, I spent my whole summer playing it. But...it died out. 

AND NOW IT GOT PICKED UP AGAIN!.

Ermehgerd, dat game >_> Some people said it was p2w, but I think it was quite decent, especially with that see through the walls thing that made camping impossible, and those interesting hardsuits!

Read the rest of my post I added something. 

My mistake, I qouted you when the last sentence was AND NOW IT GOT PICKED UP AGAIN!

What an interesting experience! Kinda like Unicorns, but if the printer ran out of ink and the unicorns looked like colourless horses, but theyre actually butterfies!

Bad Company 2

Team Fortress 2

CSS

CSGO

Half life series

Orc Must Die 1 & 2

Ace Of Spades

Battlefield: 1942(+secret weapons of ww1) & 2

Awesomenauts

Burn Out

Grand Turismo

Sanctum 2

Saints Row 3 & 4

Spiral KnightdKnightsd

Skyrim

Just Cause 2

Borderlands 1 & 2

Airmech

Lord Of The Rings War In North

+ a whole lot of other games

Spore. EAxis could have given that game the kind of shock in the pants it needed, but noooooo. They had to pump out more sims games because that was what made money.

Sometime after I realized the game wasn't salvegable, I found Warframe and the rest is history. Someday I intend to go back to it, try my hand at the creators again, that sort of thing.

This ain't that day.

Spore. EAxis could have given that game the kind of shock in the pants it needed, but noooooo. They had to pump out more sims games because that was what made money.

Sometime after I realized the game wasn't salvegable, I found Warframe and the rest is history. Someday I intend to go back to it, try my hand at the creators again, that sort of thing.

This ain't that day.

Spore *V* Some good memories from there myself, eventually lost interest Q_Q 

HAWKEN

Was a great game but... Died because of veterans of the game.

Veterans you say? Now that's interesting indeed, time for some googlin'

too

I quit Word of Tanks about a month ago. I was a very good player too, 61% win rate, ~1760 WN8 rating. But the stupidity of the players was unbearable. After three years of WoT I had enough.

Another lost gem was Battlefield Heroes. I had 7 different characters, all of which I loved playing. I had taken part in the closed beta too. Then EA happened. You can guess the rest.

I can't think of anything more. Happily enough.