The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anti Afk Timer Kills The Only Viable Hydroid Build

---Merchant---

Just figured I'd touch on this but everything was already stated for me.

DE implemented this to stop macro farmers and AFK players exactly like you. The afk timer is a great addition and welcomed by anyone that actively plays rather than alt tabbing to watch a movie or go get a sammich. SMH at all the people that want to earn rewards by doing absolutely nothing. Go somewhere else please and stop clogging up the forums with inane issues.

eh except that what you say is utterly pulled off your buttcheeks because afk timer supports using of macros to do not be marked afk punishing only players that do something for team and actually play.

Ah i see, i do remember seeing ppl just holding enemies in the puddle to troll in defense or also that one vid where the toxic aura ancient kills everyone cause the hydroid didn't let it out of the puddle but i just have a doubt that OP is that dumb lol maybe i'm just to lenient.

I confess I troll with It time to time [just like with limbo,frost,nova,vauban]

but it is like 0,01% of games i play

false [tested today]

he can do other things but from my experience they just afk with 1 minute bubbles [sometimes come back after 20 vawes where most teams end anyway]

I do not claim It is ok but I prove that this build is not root of the evil

That's not true. Frost can't just throw up a 1 min bubble and walk away. He will get killed. What you are describing is leeching off the other players to keep you alive while you afk. Completely different things.

Show me any other frame that can by it self, sit on a point and go afk for 10 min. You can't because there is none. 

All other frames, especially the ones you listed can't just use that power and walk away afk for 10 min. Loki can still take damage, and his Invis on the high end is only about 33 seconds. After that he is toast.

Rhino, iron skin keeps him up longer but guaranteed you walk away for 10 min he is dead long before that.

No other frame can last even half that long afk.

As Hydroid you want to sit in a puddle where you do absolutely nothing to contribute and what your saying is your leeching off the other team to do the playing while you just sit in your puddle doing nothing. No other frame can do this.

And yes, this build is one of the roots of evil, and shows us exactly why an AFK timer is needed, to stop people like you from doing nothing and getting rewarded for it off others hard work.

AFK timer needs some adjustments more in the loot issue, but things like this build absolutely need to be timed out.

You see, that's a good thing and this is a 'very good' thread. We need more of this. Even the one like Hydroid is complaining. It does a lot better job, pointing out the issue, better than those asking for nerfing Hydroid's. Keep up the good work!!

yeah lol, i was going to post something like this.

Just figured I'd touch on this but everything was already stated for me.

DE implemented this to stop macro farmers and AFK players exactly like you. The afk timer is a great addition and welcomed by anyone that actively plays rather than alt tabbing to watch a movie or go get a sammich. SMH at all the people that want to earn rewards by doing absolutely nothing. Go somewhere else please and stop clogging up the forums with inane issues.

Thats the thing. ThIs guy isnt actually afk. The game just goes off the appearance of afk not actual afk.

His build is fine as long as hes actually there and gets up every once in awhile.

The triggers for afk need to be different

That's not true. Frost can't just throw up a 1 min bubble and walk away. He will get killed. What you are describing is leeching off the other players to keep you alive while you afk. Completely different things.

Show me any other frame that can by it self, sit on a point and go afk for 10 min. You can't because there is none. 

All other frames, especially the ones you listed can't just use that power and walk away afk for 10 min. Loki can still take damage, and his Invis on the high end is only about 33 seconds. After that he is toast.

Rhino, iron skin keeps him up longer but guaranteed you walk away for 10 min he is dead long before that.

No other frame can last even half that long afk.

As Hydroid you want to sit in a puddle where you do absolutely nothing to contribute and what your saying is your leeching off the other team to do the playing while you just sit in your puddle doing nothing. No other frame can do this.

And yes, this build is one of the roots of evil, and shows us exactly why an AFK timer is needed, to stop people like you from doing nothing and getting rewarded for it off others hard work.

AFK timer needs some adjustments more in the loot issue, but things like this build absolutely need to be timed out.

''you do nothing to contribute'' because cc enemy pernamently or holding point is nothing for team right?

1234.jpg ''player like me who carry team in every game that wants to try new builds and frames and get punished by afk timer for it

OP, if my perfect panic button gets nerfed because of this thread, the force of my wrath will somehow cross over through the labyrinth of connections that is the Internet, surge down through your keyboard and strike you perfectly in your nether regions, so that when you have children their first coherent action ever will be staring at you blankly like the gaze of a dead gazelle and uttering in the voice of a lower demon: "Dad, you suck."

Edited by Hyenasaurus

OP, if my perfect panic button gets nerfed because of this thread, the force of my wrath will somehow cross over through the labyrinth of connections that is the Internet, surge down through your keyboard and strike you perfectly in your nether regions, so that when you have children their first coherent action ever will be staring at you blankly like the gaze of a dead gazelle and uttering in the voice of a lower demon: "Dad, you suck."Hyenasaurus, on 26 Feb 2015 - 11:23 PM, said:

hahaha

h8rs gonna h8 h8 h8 players gonna play play play 

shake it off brah

shake it off

''you do nothing to contribute'' because cc enemy pernamently or holding point is nothing for team right?

1234.jpg ''player like me who carry team in every game that wants to try new builds and frames and get punished by afk timer for it

This shows us nothing. We can't see what mission it was, the rewards look like it was from a lowbie easy peasy mission with long timer, nor what you actually did the whole mission. You could have actually run around fighting like every other frame has to just to post this screenshot and say you were doing something.

Permanent CC where you have to do NOTHING, you hit an ability and walk away, while you sit as a puddle around the pod letting the swarms of infested run into your puddle that does damage to them, which will kill them eventually. You don't actually have to do anything. At the same time your are also trolling the players because they can't get any loot while your a puddle, and if any of them fall your afk or sounds like you don't want to move anyway so you will always let other players get them or let em die.

The whole point I and many others have been making here that you refuse to accept is that you should need to be doing something in order to get that CC, that immunity ext. so that you are actually playing the game and not just sitting there watching tv while occasionally looking over at the computer screen to click extract. Even Nyx's 4, she can enter it for a good amount of time but even she will be drained quick enough and then become the enemies bish because she's afk and can't stop them from eating her alive. So far all your thread has done is told me your lazy and that hydroid's undertow needs to be draining energy faster or actually require you to make melee attacks to grab enemies and pull them in or else you do nothing to them. This way it would at least require you to do something.

How did you carry the team? You sat there as a puddle letting the auto damage do the work for you. 

You want to show us why it's justified, show us a video, upload one to youtube or whatever, and let us see you sit there in a puddle for the whole match, minutes at a time and then see what your contribution is and why you need the 1 min afk timer removed.

I already know you won't, because we both know it will just show hydroid sitting there as a puddle doing nothing. Even if your puddle kills lots of enemies as they run into it, it will still show us that you did very little play wise.

And if you are running around, it will also just show us that you don't really need the afk timer lifted because your being busy enough.

You want to show us why it's justified, show us a video, upload one to youtube or whatever, and let us see you sit there in a puddle for the whole match, minutes at a time and then see what your contribution is and why you need the 1 min afk timer removed.

I hope it's 40 min

This shows us nothing. We can't see what mission it was, the rewards look like it was from a lowbie easy peasy mission with long timer, nor what you actually did the whole mission. You could have actually run around fighting like every other frame has to just to post this screenshot and say you were doing something.

Permanent CC where you have to do NOTHING, you hit an ability and walk away, while you sit as a puddle around the pod letting the swarms of infested run into your puddle that does damage to them, which will kill them eventually. You don't actually have to do anything. At the same time your are also trolling the players because they can't get any loot while your a puddle, and if any of them fall your afk or sounds like you don't want to move anyway so you will always let other players get them or let em die.

The whole point I and many others have been making here that you refuse to accept is that you should need to be doing something in order to get that CC, that immunity ext. so that you are actually playing the game and not just sitting there watching tv while occasionally looking over at the computer screen to click extract. Even Nyx's 4, she can enter it for a good amount of time but even she will be drained quick enough and then become the enemies bish because she's afk and can't stop them from eating her alive. So far all your thread has done is told me your lazy and that hydroid's undertow needs to be draining energy faster or actually require you to make melee attacks to grab enemies and pull them in or else you do nothing to them. This way it would at least require you to do something.

How did you carry the team? You sat there as a puddle letting the auto damage do the work for you. 

I already know you won't, because we both know it will just show hydroid sitting there as a puddle doing nothing. Even if your puddle kills lots of enemies as they run into it, it will still show us that you did very little play wise.

And if you are running around, it will also just show us that you don't really need the afk timer lifted because your being busy enough.

1.well it was recent event it is why i wear only meele weapon and it is 2. part [long one] only reason it is screenshoted is because i keep record of ppl who were usefull [excalibur in this case] and record of ppl who were ''meh'' tier 

I will tell you something about ''meh''players that I carry every day

THEY RUN AROUND THE MAP ALL THE TIME and die a lot

but It is more off bad thing because i spend time reviving them I wish they'd play hydroid build i mentioned

2.I will not make video because I have nearly no upload speed+it is expensive to upload with my provider

WHY YOU DO NOT MAKE VIDEO showing that it does NOT work?do exactly what I did in sreenshot at top with random pug team at stephano and record it :^) if you sabotage it by killing yourself or smth stoopid you will make fool of yourself .It is actually how it works:if you say bible is false you need facts to support u and u have none so why u ask for any?

well by killing more enemy than my whole team combined i guess? Is it not good enought for todays standard?

1.well it was recent event it is why i wear only meele weapon and it is 2. part [long one] only reason it is screenshoted is because i keep record of ppl who were usefull [excalibur in this case] and record of ppl who were ''meh'' tier 

but It is more off bad thing because i spend time reviving them I wish they'd play hydroid build i mentioned

2.I will not make video because I have nearly no upload speed+it is expensive to upload with my provider

WHY YOU DO NOT MAKE VIDEO showing that it does NOT work?do exactly what I did in sreenshot at top with random pug team at stephano and record it :^) if you sabotage it by killing yourself or smth stoopid you will make fool of yourself .It is actually how it works:if you say bible is false you need facts to support u and u have none so why u ask for any?

well by killing more enemy than my whole team combined i guess? Is it not good enought for todays standard?

That's actually a really interesting argument about how the post mission results look.  One of the runs I did the last night, a Mesa did 60% of the kills with 2k or so kills, I did about 1k on my valkyr and did the other 36%, a Nova and a Limbo did about 4% combined.  Except: The Mesa and I wouldn't have made those kills as efficiently without the Nova's M Prime, and the Mesa wouldn't have hand near the energy to do what they did if it wasn't for the Limbo alternating banishing to keep the Mesa energized.  Was that Limbo a worthless player because he only did 2% or was he MVP for the match?

Edited by Gelkor

That's actually a really interesting argument about how the post mission results look.  One of the runs I did the other night, a Mesa did 60% of the kills with 2k or so kills, I did about 1k on my valkyr and did the other 36%, a Nova and a Limbo did about 4% combined.  Except: The Mesa and I wouldn't have made those kills as efficiently without the Nova's M Prime, and the Mesa wouldn't have hand near the energy to do what they did if it wasn't for the Limbo alternating banishing to keep the Mesa energized.  Was that Limbo a worthless player because he only did 2% or was he MVP for the match?

well you are showing completely different case

it is like telling me ''but trynity gave u energy np she did 0% dmg''

BUT THERE WAS NO SUCH player

learn the difference if u have 3x rhino in team and no one of them is able to spam cc or tank and they do 1% of dmg 

They are not MVP

I had to run around the map for blue globes with 75% efficiency build and reviving them

[also they refuse to revive each other what is kinda funny and sad at the same time]

So your not using a common occurrence is your example???

And then as pointed out, you used a Mirage man, a frickin Mirage screenshot as an example to complain about how your poor Hydroid play is affected? Any credibility you had you have just flushed down the toilet because now you've shown us you will purposely mislead us to provide evidence that has nothing to do with this.

So you have bad upload speeds, so just take a 2 min video to show us how the puddle suffers.

And really, you created this thread to say how your hydroid build is being unfairly effected by the AFK timer, so the onus is on you to show us something legit.

Again, your not giving any details. So who are you carrying and what type of missions?

Because if it is anything less than T3's or some of the harder planet missions than your carrying people learning to play on easier content?

And you know, that player running around and die'ing is learning a whole lot more how to play this game than if he was just sitting afk as a puddle for most of it. And regardless, what does how other players play have anything to do with Hydroid going afk in puddle form and being affected by the AFK timer?

Seriously man, all you have accomplished here is completely convinced me that Hydroid puddle needs to be nerfed or adjusted in some form because as it is currently it's completely do nothing afk ability.

Your topic is about Hydroid. You make a post and link a screenshot showing off how great you are and how you carry everyone.

Except you used Mirage in the screenshot you posted.

Bruh.

And then as pointed out, you used a Mirage man, a frickin Mirage screenshot as an example to complain about how your poor Hydroid play is affected? Any credibility you had you have just flushed down the toilet because now you've shown us you will purposely mislead us to provide evidence that has nothing to do with this.

So you have bad upload speeds, so just take a 2 min video to show us how the puddle suffers.

And really, you created this thread to say how your hydroid build is being unfairly effected by the AFK timer, so the onus is on you to show us something legit.

Again, your not giving any details. So who are you carrying and what type of missions?

Because if it is anything less than T3's or some of the harder planet missions than your carrying people learning to play on easier content?

And you know, that player running around and die'ing is learning a whole lot more how to play this game than if he was just sitting afk as a puddle for most of it. And regardless, what does how other players play have anything to do with Hydroid going afk in puddle form and being affected by the AFK timer?

Seriously man, all you have accomplished here is completely convinced me that Hydroid puddle needs to be nerfed or adjusted in some form because as it is currently it's completely do nothing afk ability.

1.I never claim that I play hydroid in that image if i would want to do so i would photoshop hydroid there do u not think?

2.I show screenshot+afk timer is fact u can read about it on official pages I have facts you do not but u still want more from me

did you fall on your helm when young?

3.Mr13-18that did not learn enought from previous death are not some ''super players'' as u mention  I can carry any mission except survival where I need 1 nekro player to be decent at clicking desecrate

pls go tell ppl that hydroid need nerf pls do It I will love IT

Your topic is about Hydroid. You make a post and link a screenshot showing off how great you are and how you carry everyone.

Bruh.

Bruh.

except that I react on accusation that I do nothing but afk every game but oposite is true I never mention something like ''here I m with hydroid scoring 25k kills''

Hydroid is about CC no dmg take excalibur for It

and my build is CC focused so I do It right

your arguments are invalid again

except that I react on accusation that I do nothing but afk every game but oposite is true I never mention something like ''here I m with hydroid scoring 25k kills''

Hydroid is about CC no dmg take excalibur for It

and my build is CC focused so I do It right

your arguments are invalid again

You posted and said that your Hydroid build never runs out of energy, meaning you can actually AFK. You are complaining that said build flags you as AFK.

All you had to do to solve this was come out of the puddle once every two minutes and move a little bit. That's it. That's all you ever had to do. Instead, you came to the forums and complained about how it's punishing your niche build that you think is the only way to play.

Only response left at this point is "git gud".

I don't get what the big deal is. Walk forward or backwards a few steps every minute or so and stop whining. Problem solved.

That's seriously all it would take, but no, the AFK timer is clearly an attack against the "only viable Hydroid build".

It's funny, really.

You posted and said that your Hydroid build never runs out of energy, meaning you can actually AFK. You are complaining that said build flags you as AFK.

All you had to do to solve this was come out of the puddle once every two minutes and move a little bit. That's it. That's all you ever had to do. Instead, you came to the forums and complained about how it's punishing your niche build that you think is the only way to play.

Only response left at this point is "git gud".

I do not see your point kid [adding kid because git gud kid nothing personel] meme may may le leddit 9gag

You also do not get reward while spaming ability be it trinity or excalibur and sometimes i just find good spot to camp enemy and I do not wish to move''just because I have to for afk timer'' and as you may know trinity+any spamer is pretty much win combo in current non endless missions

That's seriously all it would take, but no, the AFK timer is clearly an attack against the "only viable Hydroid build".

It's funny, really.

I m adressing much wider issue here just tell me some more games where you have to click or macro W,A[move up and right] to do not get afk marked

in games I played shooting or casting powers is enought

What I want is smarter anti afk that can 

1.delete false positives like this hydroid case

2.punish macro users who can afk atm with no issues

ppl here h8 on me but i actually do something for team and I do It well with this build

why need I suffer while afkers just afk with macro?

1.delete false positives like this hydroid case

2.punish macro users who can afk atm with no issues

ppl here h8 on me but i actually do something for team and I do It well with this build

why need I suffer while afkers just afk with macro?

The "Hydroid case" is an outlier -- the vast majority of Hydroid players don't sit still long enough to trigger the AFK. They're running around throwing out Barrages, or using their tentacles or charge. They're not completely stationary and soaking up a bunch of enemies for two minutes. Not only that, but you feel like this is the only way to play Hydroid.

The issue isn't the AFK system, and it's not Hydroid. It's you.