The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looks Like Ps4 Isn't Going To Do Any Better...

(PSN)SilverKarasu

i ran them a few times each when i had my days off, but i work every weekend so that is coming to an end now and my time will be taken up by real life things and family. i will try and get at least one run to get my reward, but really past that is kind of asking too much, there isnt enough reward for the amount of effort involved. its like a second job. AND I REALLY LOVE ARCHWING! but even for me this is too much.

if they had made it so you didnt need to make a fomorian key thingy for each time you play the level i would have been doing this all day. if it was one for each relay even i would have been fine with that. its just really really grindy, way more than it should have been.

Easy now, that is starting to sound like destiny and their jacked up idea of a once a week reward system.

I haven't played Destiny, so I can't comment on that directly

I think it's safe to bet that most people want to be able to have something to show for their hard work and efforts. That goes for anything in life we do. The fact that some of us want a bit more to show for doing 20, 30, 40, 100 + runs per fomorian than the same skin and shoulder badge as the next Tenno who did 1 run of each shouldn't be overlooked as a important motivating factor.

DE could easily have added more rewards based on the number of runs completed. Anything from credit bonuses, to mods, to badges that display the actual number of completions each Tenno had for the event once it's over.

Does anyone here actually think this would even be a topic if there were more rewards? It's got to either be a huge oversight by DE and their understanding of where the majority of the community's interests lie, or they completely expect and want the bulk of the relays to fail by design for whatever reasoning.

I haven't played Destiny, so I can't comment on that directly

I think it's safe to bet that most people want to be able to have something to show for their hard work and efforts. That goes for anything in life we do. The fact that some of us want a bit more to show for doing 20, 30, 40, 100 + runs per fomorian than the same skin and shoulder badge as the next Tenno who did 1 run of each shouldn't be overlooked as a important motivating factor.

DE could easily have added more rewards based on the number of runs completed. Anything from credit bonuses, to mods, to badges that display the actual number of completions each Tenno had for the event once it's over.

Does anyone here actually think this would even be a topic if there were more rewards? It's got to either be a huge oversight by DE and their understanding of where the majority of the community's interests lie, or they completely expect and want the bulk of the relays to fail by design for whatever reasoning.

I feel the same way with the rewards, but I also wanted to see what would have became of all the relays.

Nevertheless, there's been lots of good constructive dialog shared, and hopefully this thread gets an eye on it at sometime and changes or adds ideas to future events.

I do think that the vast majority of us want to see warframe continue to grow, succeed, and offer us great content that keeps us engaged. Things like that can't happen without threads like these.

Edited by (PS4)excat_56

I dont really care who does better. If it was possible id rather see every relay saved across all platforms. Its about having fun.

The majority of people trying to save relays dont know how to go about attacking the core. They use up all their resources and end up doing minimum damage. Then they have to go farming so they can get back and do more minimum damage.

If everyone spent a bit of time in the Balor core checking things out, adding formas and ranking different Archwings and weapons up, they would know what to do... and saving the relays would seem like a walk in the park. But this can also be considered a luxury of time and resources that not everyone has.

I dont really care who does better. If it was possible id rather see every relay saved across all platforms. Its about having fun.

The majority of people trying to save relays dont know how to go about attacking the core. They use up all their resources and end up doing minimum damage. Then they have to go farming so they can get back and do more minimum damage.

If everyone spent a bit of time in the Balor core checking things out, adding formas and ranking different Archwings and weapons up, they would know what to do... and saving the relays would seem like a walk in the park. But this can also be considered a luxury of time and resources that not everyone has.

Players were doing hundreds of millions of damage to the Europa Balor and the remaining health barely moved. If damage matters then there must be a limit per run or something. Regardless, keeping this information hidden makes it frustrating to say the least.

Everyone knows what to do since it is based on completions. Damage only matters for the credit bonus and bragging rights.

Pretty much this event went on too long and that is the problem. Breeding grounds, Cryotic front lasted long enough and introduced new enemies or modes that were interesting. This, farm a key then run a quick 3 minute archwing sabotage, repeat.

It's not interesting enough and it's burnt people out already that they don't care. I'll run 3 runs a planet but after that so long as one's left where I can hand in medallions I won't care.

Everyone knows what to do since it is based on completions. Damage only matters for the credit bonus and bragging rights.

Damage matters for saving the relays as well.

edit: Unless saving the relays depends on how many times the mission was completed and has nothing to do with damage.... which would be weird.

Edited by (PS4)GameflowPRO

Im trying to find some clarification on this.. The closest i found is posts stating that score is for the leaderboards, but i cant find any post specifying that defending the relays depends on how many times you complete the event.

im down close to a million nano spores and 10s of thousands in cryotic... if defending the relays depends on how many times the event is completed.... too much farm n grind.

The predominate theory on PC is that it was scripted, and player action had no effect on the outcome.

I am going to assume this applies to consoles as well.

That is not quite right. We think the first relay to be destroyed was scripted. After that, it was all on us.

Just wait until everyone has their Vandal (and sees the stats on it. Let's see if you'll still consider it worth the effort after that) and notice the drop in activity. Not to forget we needed 15 runs to get them, and reached a general consensus of 'let it burn' due to no time to prepare and much higher health in comparison.

The missions barely give rewards, credit AND resource wise you're slowly burning through your reserves as they don't even get compensated. Not to forget grinding for isotopes and then having to run the missions again. After the first few fomorians I'd expect a lot of people to just get the points and forget about it.

I do still have 1,500 isotopes.

Doing hour long T4S back when the event was going on helped.

If damage matters, we would have saved all the relays. The core only has one billion hp and score is capped at 5 billion per run due to multipliers. People are doing millions of damage, some close to reaching that cap, yet the health is barely moving. It must be based on runs, surely.

Of course its based on number of runs. You think DE wants their event over in 20 min due to some exploiters cranking out OVER 9000!!!!!!! Damage in one attack?

Just get cracking.

If damage matters, we would have saved all the relays. The core only has one billion hp and score is capped at 5 billion per run due to multipliers. People are doing millions of damage, some close to reaching that cap, yet the health is barely moving. It must be based on runs, surely.

For some reason I thought damage mattered up to 1 million, but that was the max that could be done per run. I could very well be wrong though.

For some reason I thought damage mattered up to 1 million, but that was the max that could be done per run. I could very well be wrong though.

You're right, it is capped. 5 billion is theoretically the maximimum score possible, but I am also sure you stop doing damage to the global health of the fomorian before you get anywhere near that score. Thus, speed running seems to be the way to go. Too bad speed running takes so many resources.