Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why I Hate Origin (And Ea)

TheErebus.

Me wanting to play Dragon Age: Inquisition. When I click play it says "Update required to play game", I accept it and click update.

It doesn't update.

I click update again.

It doesn't update.

I click it about 3 more times.

NO UPDATING HAPPENING.

*eye twitches*

EA employee who made Origin: 

b72ubl.jpg

I recently bought Splinter Cell: Blacklist from uPlay

Worst decision in my life

I had to manually update the game with three patches because they didn't care to make sure it updates, the default install was 3 versions behind. I had to look all over the forums to see what the hell is wrong. Not only that, but it tried to reinstall the very initial version it started with EVERYTIME I opened the game.

Not only that, but the online was broken, and has to be manually port forwarded or use hamachi

I bought it to play coop with my friend. I can't even do that. You have to tweak a bunch of S#&$ for hamachi to even work properly

If EA and Ubisoft merged, would they ever be able to create a working game?

lol. never!

I hate EA because of BF3 and BF4. I hate Ubisoft because of GRFS, AC3, and ACU (for those who played Watch Dogs, they can add that to the list). Them combined? Can't even imagine it. The incompetence of Ubisoft with EA's crap servers? Just crap all around.

Funny thing is, Activision gets so much hate because of their COD franchise that only boasts small improvements over the previous game, yet they've been the most stable I've seen from the AAA shooter publishers.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

Well, i have mixed feelings about Dragon Age inquisition.

I was killing dragon 2 days ago, the A.I of both of my party members and dragon is terrible, my mage kept facetanking dragon and bathing in flames even when told to hold position far from dragon's mouth,  my non-tank warrior does the same and can't be bothered attacking the side of dragon.

the best companion is a rock.

I do like that you can change the cover of EA game, dollar bills for dragon age 2-3, female buttocks for mass effect series.

Edited by Morgax

Well, i have mixed feelings about Dragon Age inquisition.

I was killing dragon 2 days ago, the A.I of both of my party members and dragon is terrible, my mage kept facetanking dragon and bathing in flames even when told to hold position far from dragon's mouth,  my non-tank warrior does the same and can't be bothered attacking the side of dragon.

the best companion is a rock.

Same really. I mean, it's an Ok game at best, but a lot of design choices just baffle me. Like the power thing you need, it's just slows down progress.

In my experience, it was a necessary way to ensure I was the appropriate level for later parts of the story. Not the best power check, but something, I guess.

But to enforce it isn't really a wise idea, a lot of other games don't absolutely force you to level up. Imagine if in Fallout: New Vegas, you had to gain like 50 rep points for whatever side you chose just to get one quest and continue the story along. It's annoying for the player because they want to experience the game in their own way.

If EA and Ubisoft merged, would they ever be able to create a working game?

No.

EA is actually TRYING to make working games. (And failing more often than not when it isn't stupid easy. Like console titles which are MUCH easier to program for with everyone having almost the exact same hardware.) Dragon Age Inquisition had SUCH a good chance and they screwed it. Origin is not as bad as some, but it IS pretty bad.

Ubisoft couldn't care LESS if their games even PLAY as long as they get your money. Their idea of tech support is: 'Here. Turn around and bend over. Lube? Who the **** deserves lube? Not players, that is for sure.' And then there is Uplay, of which the LESS said about it the better. (A white picket fence made of CARDBOARD is more stable computer hardware and more secure than their servers...)

Mix to two and say goodbye to gaming.

Edited by Kalenath