Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Color We Can't Agree With!

(PSN)SuperRaySonic

Dear fellow Tenno I come to you in confusing times there have been some speculations of the color of this dress I beg of you ask your relatives, friends, kubrows, etc. What color is this dress? Thanks

sE8veNa.png

Some see it black and blue others gold and white I say here I say it gold and white but the color might change.

Edited by (PS4)SuperRaySonic

The dress is black and blue, but the PICTURE is actually gold and white. Some people see it as black and blue because their brains automatically use the yellow light in the background as a comparison to the light on the dress, so essentially their brains are color correcting the yellow.

People who see white and gold see the picture as it really is.

People who see black and blue see the dress as it really is.

Kind of a toss up. In the end, it's a crappy, overexposed picture with weird and bad lighting.

If you can't see it as black and blue naturally, look up the color corrected version. Not sure about the other way since I was a white and gold person.

For this picture (because there's another one on the Intrawebz show that the dress is blue)

1) open it on GIMP/Photoshop

2) increase master's channel saturation, white will be more white, blue will be more blue, and so on

optional: you can also make a histogram analysis and see that on the fabric surface there are more blue than white

=x

Also somebody went into photoshop and it did this, it had tones of both gold and blue

Does this mean I have a dumb brain who can't tell colors apart? I see it white and gold, but some of my friends who saw it blue and black later on saw it white and gold and some that saw it white and gold later on saw it blue and black I keep seeing it white and gold and there's a special case were my friend sees it blue and gold what's going on?

Does this mean I have a dumb brain who can't tell colors apart? I see it white and gold, but some of my friends who saw it blue and black later on saw it white and gold and some that saw it white and gold later on saw it blue and black I keep seeing it white and gold and there's a special case were my friend sees it blue and gold what's going on?

No it's more of a detection thing with your trained eyes or whatever. Like a photographer would notice that straight away while someone that wasn't probably wouldn't.

Doesn't mean you're silly :p

Edited by -CM-Tiffany

Color-corrected image does not mean it is of correct color. Try to switch off color correction in warframe and you'll see what I mean.

It is white. It has a bluish tint because glossy textile reflects dark surroundings, and there's not enough yellow to be gold, it looks more like brass (just like my rhino-armor, a bit lighter)

Edited by Bouldershoulder

Well, according to the person who wore the very dress to a wedding it is in fact black and blue.

The lighting here just makes it look white and gold and your brain tries to compromise and show it for its true colours (hence why you might eventually see it go blue and brownish-black).

Edited by Tyrala

The dress is the color of this forum's layout clearly.

But seriously, I used to see it as white/gold. But now I've switched and I can't go back. I feel like I've lost something : ( . Sometimes it looks so darn dark, even in pictures that are supposed to brighten it to make it look white. Perception is weird.

Edited by Ryjeon

What Colour Is This Dress? (SOLVED with SCIENCE):

here guys it's both colors gold and white for some blue and black for others

Total nonsense. Especially about yellow/brown squares on the cube. Add more light to the shaded side and the square becomes yellow. If you see it brown, your brain is unable to compensate light/color of an object.

Edited by Bouldershoulder