Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Am A Console Noob.

_Cynda_

So I recently (recently being some weeks ago) got a certain FPS that emphasises grinding and defending stuff while your companion opens doors. But the thing is I suck at using a controller for shooters in general. How do you guys get past this since I'm *relatively* new to using a console? (like seriously it's my first console I ever owned)

Practice makes perfect. I am not even joking. I use to play a much superior game made by the same company (their last before making the game you're playing). I use to suck. I use to boost for level and eventually, from all the level boosting I was doing, I actually just got better. I practiced without end blasting the heads off tiny aliens alone, and then when I hopped into multiplayer, I found myself flawlessly blasting off the heads of humans and bigger aliens. 

So I recently (recently being some weeks ago) got a certain FPS that emphasises grinding and defending stuff while your companion opens doors. But the thing is I suck at using a controller for shooters in general. How do you guys get past this since I'm *relatively* new to using a console? (like seriously it's my first console I ever owned)

You bought Destiny so I really should just walk away here, but I'm a pity you. Firstly, since you likely have PS plus (or live gold if you went to the dark side), since you cant play derpstiny without it, I would say, download one of the free games, since they are usually platformers, platformers are generally alot easier and should help you out with getting use to and even comfortable with the controller. Took me nearly a month to get used to the DS4, and a little bit longer to get used to warframes touchpad controls.

Most console FPS use auto-aim to make things a lot easier to play, because lord knows that controllers are the worst things ever made for FPS games. 

Also I know what game you're playing...you needn't be ashamed of it...much.

Only scrubs can't use controllers accurately and resort to using auto aim... oh wait... "ScrublordPrime" ... this explains everything.

Edited by (PS4)Pharen

Thanks for the tips and judging my purchase decisions, guys. (I regret buying it... a little.) But, so far I'm having fun (dying in respawn restricted areas and restarting). Haven't fully dipped into PvP yet although I have a feeling I'll get my face rubbed all over the floor.

Thanks for the tips and judging my purchase decisions, guys. (I regret buying it... a little.) But, so far I'm having fun (dying in respawn restricted areas and restarting). Haven't fully dipped into PvP yet although I have a feeling I'll get my face rubbed all over the floor.

Could be worse, could've bought dying light, aka rage simulator 2015