Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Udp Ports Help :(

-ODIN-Bibimbap

Question

So this message pops up every time I start WarFrame, unable to invite or receive invites from players "please ensure that your firewall permits udp ports 4950 and 4955". someone please help, WarFrame is already allowed through my windows firewall, and I've turned it off and on again, so what do I do now?

25 answers to this question

my ports are open.. I was just playing fine.. then while in a match with friends it kicked me out saying I needed to open UDP/TCP Ports....

I've seen other people with the same error that don't even have firewalls running! 

whats gives :S

Hey there guys I was having this problem too, I tried forwarding through the router interface and a range of other solutions.

However what worked for me was forwarding the ports through the routers telnet(text) interface, my understanding of it is that this causes uPNP to be able to trigger the port somehow where simply forwarding it doesn't work.

I'm really tired and heading to bed but if you want to try it you need to make sure telnet is enabled, have your default gateway and find your router models telnet commands for port forwarding. All this information is easily accessible from google if you have even a little know how.

Additionally this all worked for me without any other forwarding through the router interface. Sorry for not being really helpful but I gotta get some sleep. I will check back tonorrow and try to post some better instructions for people who are having trouble.

i am also having this problem. I have opened ports through firewall, disabled firewall for both my pc and my router, yet nothing. Sometimes it allows me through and sometimes it does not this error is really weird as I went an entire day yesterday with firewall on without the issue and immediately today im having the issue again

That means your firewall doesn't allow these ports. You need to go into advanced firewall settings to fix this.

If it isn't your computer, it's your router's firewall.

The router can change ports as and when it wants to. So maybe your computer's ports got swapped to a firewall-protected pair of ports, and the firewall doesn't allow Warframe info to get through.

Additional sources:https://forums.warfr...-network-ports/

EDIT: added additional info.

EDIT 2: added link to post about network ports.

Edited by TheKingOfAllNoobs

Same happening here. I play an hour or so before work, I leave my PC running, I come home, try to log into Warframe, it tells me to ensure a couple of ports are open. Confused, I do ensure the ports are forwarded on my router, and try again. Same result. I enable them in Windows Firewall. Same result. I enable them in my antivirus (which had, by the way, previously gotten exceptions when I first started Warframe years ago).

Still no change. So, desperate, I disable -all of my firewalls- and this -still happens-.

I'm fair-to-decently sure this is a server issue. Maybe they're updating something, or just need to reset the server. All I know is, this is -majorly- irritating, as I just bought plat to try and get my hands on some mods I've had my eye on after payday and my 'weekend' is almost guaranteed shot-to-hell, now.

DE, -please- fix this. This is the only real issue I've had since I started playing, and I'd dearly love not to be cut off from my clan, friends, and fellow Tenno forever.

At any rate, I'm going to bed. I hope this unpleasantness is repaired by the time I wake up.

Edit: To the people who keep telling us to open our ports: They're open already! The problem is -not our ports-. Something server-side is being lost/mistranslated enroute, and opening our ports/disabling our firewalls is not solving the issue. I appreciate that you're trying to help, but it has -already been established that port forwarding is not helping-. With UPnP, Port Forwarding -shouldn't- be an issue. Without UPnP, most gamers already know instinctively to look up the valid ports, enable/forward them, and go from there. I am one of them. I am still having issues, even -without- firewalls and port forwarding.

This is not on the gamer end. This is a server issue that is being -translated- as a Port Forwarding issue. The game is likely apparently attempting to trigger ports that it is not configured for, and as the client is not equipped to deal with interpreting a server-issue properly, is assuming we are the problem and triggering the UDP message.

TL;DR, The server is probably trying to trigger the wrong ports, and because the client is hard-coded for the available UDPs instead of a random incorrect signal, it's telling us -we- are the problem. Please stop telling us we're the problem when people who know how to fix an issue like this on our end -can't fix this-.

Edited by JJGraves