Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trading Would Be Nice...

Me.Greedy

... but an auction house would be better. i've read there is some sort of vault clan system being implemented, and i think that is a good step. Eventually there needs to be an auction house to sell your big ticket items that you'll never use.

I've only been playing about 20hrs now and I already have blueprints i'll never use. i want to be able to put them up for sale to others. It worked well in Global Agenda, it was simple and would work in this game just fine.

(although i'd rather see something more robust like Eve Online's economy system... but that might be overkill.)

@DE_Steve
Thanks for keeping it this way.  I like being able to actually read the chat without the constant spam, and it keeps out the gold sellers for the most part, or at least makes it harder for them to work.  Nothing ruins a game so much IMO as when 3rd parties start selling end game gear/mods/whatever for real world money.

But what happen with people who make a lot of accounts and put all in a guild D:

AFAIK mod/BP trading won't be allowed, only materials so that you can "beg for some rubedo from your clanmates".

My clanmate has some warframe parts, a Glaive BP, and a lot of creds, but doesn't have enough time in a week to farm for mats. He's welcome to all my morphics, rubedo, alloy plates, slavage, etc when trading comes.

But ain't no one touchin' my Neural Sensors or Control Modules. ;p

if you can only sell in an auction house... why would people sell in chat?

that can only happen if people are allowed to trade directly. between players, and with the clan system that is solved.

"Auction" is not the accurate word for what i'm thinking. As bidding wars on singular items is nothing i care for anyways. i'm talking more like a marketplace that is player driven. you post your item for x price and that's it.

if you can only sell in an auction house... why would people sell in chat?

that can only happen if people are allowed to trade directly. between players, and with the clan system that is solved.

"Auction" is not the accurate word for what i'm thinking. As bidding wars on singular items is nothing i care for anyways. i'm talking more like a marketplace that is player driven. you post your item for x price and that's it.

While that may get rid of the "WTB" spam it definately wont get rid of "WTS" or "Selling X for 200K in AH"  Which is common enough in games with AHs.  You find people hawking their prices non stop until someone buys it.

There's really a simple solution to the WTS/WTB spam. Just create a separate chat for trade. (like in guild wars if anyone here has played it before you'll know what I mean)

If anyone types WTB or WTS or any variation such as "buying," "selling," "trading," want to buy," "want to sell," would like to buy," "would like to sell" etc. in the wrong chat, it will automatically be diverted to the Trade chat. If the person abuses the system and gets around the filter, thus spamming the region chat, a moderator can suspend the player's chat function / even mete out a ban. Shouldn't be too difficult to code the filter. And if moderators are in short supply, allow players to submit reports of violations. 

@bitlard
One of the problems with having it automatically switch over is what if I happened to say "And who would want to sell something like that?"  And I was in a chat in the global chat room.  That would honestly just cause more issues with chatting than there currently is.  And it will bring in people with spam bots into the games to get around the filters making it a requirement to have moderators sitting on the chat 24/7 just for the WTS/WTB spam that would occur, and unless someone is willing to volunteer...

@bitlard

One of the problems with having it automatically switch over is what if I happened to say "And who would want to sell something like that?"  And I was in a chat in the global chat room.  That would honestly just cause more issues with chatting than there currently is.  And it will bring in people with spam bots into the games to get around the filters making it a requirement to have moderators sitting on the chat 24/7 just for the WTS/WTB spam that would occur, and unless someone is willing to volunteer...

Set the filter to only detect the first few words? There'll be some kinks to work out for sure, but it's pretty doable IMO.

@bitlard
But that would just make it easier to get around the filter then.  All a spam bot would have to do is say random words then "WTS/Want to sell"...and we would still have the same problem.

Honestly the best plan is the one that DE already has: in clan trading and nothing else.  And they have been tossing around only doing it with resources and *maybe* mods.

DE realy doesnt want a heap of free accounts filled with botters and the like because they think they can get away with selling credits for real cash.  The ability to give things away opens up this kind of thing.  While a blind trading post could work it's not realy in the spirit of the Tenno (from what we have seen so far) to have one or set one up.

Global Agenda is a clear example there were many bots selling credits which were realy next to useless for the most part (atleast while I was playing it), given that by the time you hit the top level you had more credits than you could use, without even trying.

Though innerclan trading wouldn't be too bad where you can say swap materials for materials,  blueprints for blueprints or mods for mods (rarity locked or set trade values of lesser rarity could also add to that), sure there is the posibility of guild hoppers but they would still need the stuff to swap in the first place.

Edited by Loswaith

DE realy doesnt want a heap of free accounts filled with botters and the like because they think they can get away with selling credits for real cash.  The ability to give things away opens up this kind of thing.  While a blind trading post could work it's not realy in the spirit of the Tenno (from what we have seen so far) to have one or set one up.

Global Agenda is a clear example there were many bots selling credits which were realy next to useless for the most part (atleast while I was playing it), given that by the time you hit the top level you had more credits than you could use, without even trying.

Though innerclan trading wouldn't be too bad where you can say swap materials for materials,  blueprints for blueprints or mods for mods (rarity locked or set trade values of lesser rarity could also add to that), sure there is the posibility of guild hoppers but they would still need the stuff to swap in the first place.

They could always reduce the starting credits, create limitations on when you can start trading (like only after 3 days or 1 week), and limit the trade-able items to only the rarer stuff. This should sufficiently deter people from creating multiple accounts just to gain the starting credits / items.

They could always reduce the starting credits, create limitations on when you can start trading (like only after 3 days or 1 week), and limit the trade-able items to only the rarer stuff. This should sufficiently deter people from creating multiple accounts just to gain the starting credits / items.

Restrict trading to rank 3 or so, require them to be in the clan for a certain period of time, and have played a certain number of missions with clan mates.  The last part would be the most effective imo.  It would cut down on people inviting people into a clan just to make a trade and would cut down on some alt abuse.

Credits are easy enough to get that they should just not allow them to be tradeable. 

Another alt abuse prevention measure should be to have stuff bought with starter plat untradeable.

Edited by Aggh

... sure there is the posibility of guild hoppers ...

hm - maybe a 2 weeks delay will prevent us from those? ;-)

im fine without any kind of trading - u can sell stuff directly to earn cash - the rest just reflects ur personal luck / effort

Edited by KarlderKaefer

• 1 month later...

Guys The "Game" Global Agenda is dead from all that crap the game is just about out of players, i think we should leave the last decision up to the devs with their current clan only trading and if you happen to join a clan just for some stuff then its that clans responsibility not to give you stuff or in an even better way we make it so its a "free" trading where you would give away your mods or bp to a clan member that has been farming for days and days for it, i have been farming for a week for thunderbolt and i have a friend who has 6 thunderbolts and doesn't want them,

My best idea yet for this is to have a certain game time clocked to trade certain items i have over 100 hours clocked in this game without a sight of spit chamber or thunderbolt and i wouldn't mind giving a fellow clan member a barrel diffusion or a hells chamber for one of those mods, putting a certain quota on how many hours you have to have to receive or give away a certain mod or bp would anger lots of players or bring up arguments and debating on what the amount of hours it should be i think it would be better to set at least 150 hours of in game time clocked to be able to trade rare mods, i have been at xini for a whole week i have gotten Tier 3 and Tier 2 keys and I have gotten the banshee helmet and i have gotten a few barrel diffusions from there and i am getting a bit annoyed of it i don't mind working my &#! off to get a mod that is worth it or a really rare items but there are times when the RNG gods are angry with you and you're simply not getting S#&$ while it drops for other people like candy,

i have 3 reaper prime blades and have an extra receiver that i wouldn't mind giving away to fellow clanny because i have gotten every possible drop from the void except the main frost prime bp, there are many ways to exploit every trading system but why not cut all that out by requiring you to have actually dedicated a good amount of time to the game for a really really rare mod that you have been wanting or a bp that you have been wanting otherwise if you don't certain stuff just sell it, i keep everything i get because i like to hoard stuff and have a strange feeling that i'll someday need it.

yeah....

When it comes, trading will not be general and not be a way to toss junk at other players... Sell you BPs if you don't want them. It is not going to be auction-house or wild-west of chat spam.

Some guy in chat said

"As soon as we see trading in Warframe we will see people with Level 30 Frames asking how to wall run"

The Diablo Auction house was a disaster

not to mention trade text

I never understood the point of *trading farmable items in a game that is 100% built around farming.  Every mmo with trading and auction houses involves a bunch of  high level cash shoppers standing around town twiddling their thumbs with nothing to do since they bought everything and broke the gameplay.

Edited by mogamu