Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why So Much Newbie Hate?

(PSN)Mazda_07_

Because all the newbies I know are arrogant, down as much as they can or ragequit, quit at W1 in interception, pop survival pod at 90%, run like a lunatic around the map then die miles away crying for help, never listen for the tiniest advice, 

Some are harmless, plenty are okay but few are just pure frustration to meet.

Exactly. I like to help newbies like others said. I'll carry really low ranks as far as I can or they want just to get them as much stuff as possible and answer questions. Which when they are 0-3 Mr is fine. What I don't like is as you said when I'm taking my time to help out newbies and your being a $&*^. 1 bad apple can ruin the effort to help others for a while

Eh, I'd much rather play with newbies than with "pros" who backseat drive peoples' loadouts and end up breaking their own arms patting themselves on the back over their kill count.

You sound like the kind of person who refuse to listen to any advise cause. DONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO MOM er I..i mean.bro. Then die a lot and get salty over a pro having high kills and hate. Maybe you should have listened.

I'e never experienced a high Mr player hating on a new player. I find the mid mr people (6-12) to be waaay more, intolerant to "breaking the game's meta" But trust me they will hate on anything.

For once, one day I was running some survivals, low level ones, just for the funz (I was hosting them T1) I invite some guys (one of them mr 9), just to run with it, but they brought very high level gear. I was only equipping some melee weapon, therefore as i thought survival T1 experience was irrelevant (due to high leveled gear) i went off alone.

At some point over the 3 and a half minutes with almost full life support, a guy beggins hating on me for not being there but in a very rude way, so i proceed to ignore. So the bashing and hate escalated due to not listening.  I decided to go back to them, but he continued, then while the hate continued he died, so i went and revived him. BUt attitude continues, so i went of to play alone again, and then severe insulting began. So i began trolling sequence, he ignored me. But i never undestood what the point of hate was if we were doing great.

So what if people use Rhino/Boltor combo?

When I returned to Warframe, after several attempts to get into it, people told me my gear was weak. Told me I needed Rhino/Boltor. I LOVED the game after that.

I spent a lot of time as Rhino/Boltor. Most of it, though, was using Rhino's tankiness (at the time) to learn the ins and outs of Damage 2.0, which is the reason I started spend $ on Warframe.

Stop hating on Rhino's Iron Skin, too. Kinda hypocritical when Loki's Invisible turns the game into easy mode.

I'm starting to see Loki's as noobs, presently. It takes no skill to play with Loki. Get the duration mods and level 300 enemies mean nothing to him. Rhino can't even really deal with enemies that high level.

Edited by (PS4)CaulusOuranos

You sound like the kind of person who refuse to listen to any advise cause. DONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO MOM er I..i mean.bro. Then die a lot and get salty over a pro having high kills and hate. Maybe you should have listened.

None of that really applies to me personally. I've got almost 2,000 hours, MR18, and cleared the Escalation TA with just one other person (my favorite guy who's been my companion from the very start). If I do play with others, I go in with the expectation that I can't let myself be downed, because no one is obligated to revive me. So I plan my loadout based on that, plus the mission type, enemy faction, and what other people are using. Having a flexible party is good and I don't mind filling in as whatever the current party is a bit lacking in, especially since I have every Frame.

That being said, I don't care for paper DPS because it's hypothetical. I'm a lot more likely to perform well with a weapon that I'm comfortable with, even if its paper DPS is lower than something else. With max Serration/Hornet Strike, appropriate elements, Potatoes, and Formas, pretty much any weapon can perform well in reasonable content (20 minutes/waves or 4 rounds of T4 Survival/Defense/Interception, Dark Sector missions on Eris or Ceres, or the highest tier of Syndicate missions) if its user knows how to make it sing.

My complaint was more against the idea of backseat driving in general. By all means give advice/suggestions if someone's asking, and then let them do with that advice what they like. But unsolicited backseat driving is party pooper tier. Having to grind for credits/exp/Prime Parts or whatever can get a little bit samey and dull if I go in with the same gear every time.

As a Rank 9 player with the mentality of a 12 year old (I refuse to grow old... even mentally. Its a trap, I tell you. A TRAP!) who's just started since the first week of Febuary (IIRC), Aslong as I'm not playing in the Asian region, I couldn't care if I have teammates who are noobs, newbs, and/or legitimately experienced. I'm Asian by the way.