Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anybody Else Questions De's Pricing With The Market?

izzatuw

If they've been discussed in the recent Devstream than completely disregard this thread.

Does anybody think that RNG also affects the market prices for everything? That or DE gets a dice and rolls it 3 times for frames and 2 for cosmetics. One moment the frame costs 75P (potato and slot included which means Excal is only worth 35P!!!) than some frames are 175P (lolwat). Limbo costs 200P atm than suddenly the next frame is 325 (Mesa). I mean where does DE get these numbers from?! I believe Ash, Saryn and Frost costs a whopping 375P. I mean, DE, what's with the weird prices for different frames?

Than let's look at the secondaries... Bronco, a meh weapon at best costs 190... Balisticca costs 240P?!?! Another underpowered weapon but guess what? Marelok, the weapon which has no twin version, costs a mere 125P!!! A weapon that was and is still considered an endgame weapon before Vaykor Marelok or Synoid Gammacor even existed. I mean u wot m8 DE?

10 plat for an oro cell? Make it 5P for oro cells, neural sensors and Neurodes and players might have a bargain, people would be a little too desperate if they buy stuff for 10P and it seems overpriced, this is just for one resource that will come and go within a minute of its purchase.

I think DE should really "re-balance" the prices around here and there because the prices are just very very strange and they seem to not promote people to buy stuff from the market.

Truth be told, I'm glad the prices are somewhat inaccessible. It'd be a little annoying if they were cheap enough that everyone was willing to buy stuff, and get an advantage with only a few bucks. I like that the pricing forces people to actually farm (that said, often the prices do feel outrageous). It seems like the things that matter though (slots, potatoes, and boosters) are all fairly priced (I wish forma was 10 plt...)

Edited by Snowman486

The rarity of a frame is not handled by DE, it's handled by the players. If we were to talk about difficulty than Mesa should 375, Ash should currently sit at 150-200 considering how cheap his boss is, same with Saryn (Kela can be Stomped and she'll take full effect). And guess what? Rhino costs 375 too, so the argument according to difficulty is completely out of the window.

I wouldn't say thrown completely out the window, just that connection between plat price and "rarity" is a bit foggy.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not trying to imply these are facts, i'm simply trying to get into the mindset of the developers who AFAIK have not commented on how they allocate prices.

-When I mean rarity, I mean what DE could possibly theorized as rarity when they were introducing each frame. Similar to how each frame is balanced in theory compared to when they are actually released.

-I'm not suggesting they are related by difficulty of their respective bosses, saryn might not be priced because of the difficulty of her boss, but because Sedna is about the 6th or 7th system you encounter (which would require a decent amount of time to reach that point) while ash is more expensive because Uranus is one of the last systems you encounter.

-Ash and frost were the hardest/most time consuming frames to acquire in context of the vanilla game when DE initially set their prices, it is possible that after a year of statistics about the market place, DE found that frames costing 375 plat was just too damn high and barely sold. So they may be willing to release mesa as a cheaper frame despite taking a lot more effort to get due too the feedback they never had when pricing Ash

(side note: It's unlikely DE will be changing their prices anytime soon due to 1: avoiding potential backlash from those who may have buyers remorse 2: avoiding the implication that if players wait long enough, the prices will drop 3: DE is already getting away with those prices)

-As for Rhino... well... um... you got me there, it's possible that rhino was intended to be one of the last vanilla frames that the player could get but was moved to 2nd or 3rd because of how straightforward he plays for new players but at this point the tinfoil is starting to show.

Just to be clear, I don't think the pricing of frames/weapons rely solely on the "rarity"/amount of progress required but more that they factor into the price in someway as well as feedback and statistics.

I agree prices are not particularly coherent, but we have to understand they can't change prices for past items. Those who bought a 220p gun would be pretty annoyed if its price was suddenly lowered to 120p.

New items get wonky prices though, no excuse for that!

Truth be told, I'm glad the prices are somewhat inaccessible. It'd be a little annoying if they were cheap enough that everyone was willing to buy stuff, and get an advantage with only a few bucks. I like that the pricing forces people to actually farm (that said, often the prices do feel outrageous). It seems like the things that matter though (slots, potatoes, and boosters) are all fairly priced (I wish forma was 10 plt...)

I'm not asking for each price to go down but make them seem as if DE's actually trying to sell and not make the prices so incredibly so far apart for frames.

@PencilManners that could be true but how could Oberon at the time of his initial release be 325 (when Hek was actually a boss at Earth) while Zephyr at the time was incredibly difficult cost 275? Edit: and their times of release as I recall were not too far apart

I don't see why DE couldn't refund the extra plat for those who bought something that got a lower price.

Edited by izzatuw

I wouldn't mind the colors and some cosmetic prices coming down, but I feel everything else is priced appropriately.

As an example... I bought I buy plat here and there to ease the lack of time I actually get to play games. Well when I wanted to switch warframs I figure I'd just buy it. That got me a Warframe, orokin already installed and an extra Warframe slot.

Now let's just say I get payed 10 bucks an hour... Well 20 bucks is 2 hours of my time... Now I could get extremely lucky and land all the parts needed to build it in that time, but chances are I couldnt. I don't think anyone could nearly from scratch...

So I feel it's fair. At first I didnt... But when you realize all you can get... It turns out to be priced appropriately.

Most prices, I have very little issue with. Frame prices are weird and not super coherent but they look pretty reasonable, more or less. My guess is that they're priced according to demand or something similar. Primary weapons are pretty universally overpriced (but not hugely) and the prices are all over the place but secondary weapons and melee weapons seem a little more measured and reasoned (minus a few exceptions). Cosmetics are what they are, and seem fair enough.

The items I think are completely ridiculously priced are the resources. 10 plat for one Control Module or one Neurode? 15 plat for a Mutagen Sample? Or 30 plat for 3000 Ferrite or for 300 (i.e. just three HUNDRED) Polymer Bundles? Just one resource booster can get you dozens+ of Neurodes, Neural Sensors, etc, along with tens of thousands+ of Ferrite, Polymer Bundles, etc. And a 3 day resource booster is just 40 plat (80 plat if you go for a full week instead). The value proposition there is just unfathomably bad. I cannot think of a single worse way to spend platinum.

Funny moment -- i'm don't care.

Only one frame i buy was Nova. Players told me to buy something cheaper, but this is wasn't my point. I just want to get something really good, and price just told me -- i'm doing a right choise.

As for weapon, did u think it is a really good way just to told newbie -- "buy this for 400p, it is best and only one you will need"? Everybody find something for them. Low price or pleasure from the opportunity to buy something for any money.

Just realise one thing -- market is for very casual players. They don't know anything. They don't wanna farm, and even don't know there they should. I was a bit dissapointed, then i get Nova. But just a bit!

Srsly, i buy a Mag p and a Frost p for 20 and 30p. So, i wasn's silly. I just got 4000p and really don't care, 200p or 300p i pay. We are all know, it is not a best way even -- buying warframes for plat. So, why it should have a big logic it prices?

I agree prices are not particularly coherent, but we have to understand they can't change prices for past items. Those who bought a 220p gun would be pretty annoyed if its price was suddenly lowered to 120p.

New items get wonky prices though, no excuse for that!

I don't think this would be true. Perhaps they're afraid of the backlash, but if someone decided to spend $20 on a starchart frame its his/her own fault. S/he can't complain if he paid the price he agreed upon.

It seriously feels like DE uses RNG to determine market prices.

Funny moment -- i'm don't care.

Only one frame i buy was Nova. Players told me to buy something cheaper, but this is wasn't my point. I just want to get something really good, and price just told me -- i'm doing a right choise.

As for weapon, did u think it is a really good way just to told newbie -- "buy this for 400p, it is best and only one you will need"? Everybody find something for them. Low price or pleasure from the opportunity to buy something for any money.

Just realise one thing -- market is for very casual players. They don't know anything. They don't wanna farm, and even don't know there they should. I was a bit dissapointed, then i get Nova. But just a bit!

Srsly, i buy a Mag p and a Frost p for 20 and 30p. So, i wasn's silly. I just got 4000p and really don't care, 200p or 300p i pay. We are all know, it is not a best way even -- buying warframes for plat. So, why it should have a big logic it prices?

U wot m8?

I wonder how much people actually buy from the market, you'd literally have to not know any better to buy anything from there other than reactors and cosmetics. I totally understand someone buying something like a prime access pack, as I kind of view that as supporting the game itself.

I don't think this would be true. Perhaps they're afraid of the backlash, but if someone decided to spend $20 on a starchart frame its his/her own fault. S/he can't complain if he paid the price he agreed upon.

Maybe they can't, but it will piss them off, and angering paying customers isn't a good idea.

These are not sales we are talkinb about, but base prices.