Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gender Locking

Koujjo

we beat a dead horse that was dead, beaten, and buried two months ago.

The easiest way and the way that makes the most sense (so far) is to think of each frame as a different character. You are not a single tenno morphing into various suits but a variety of individual tenno. The only thing that doesn't make sense is how we acquire new characters because we build frames but we don't find new tenno, unless Lotus has a storage room full of frozen tenno.

However thinking game wise adding another objective (to obtain the tenno) onto the already large rng and time walls, it would cause more problems with the community then it solves with the lore.

Not the easiest at all because it makes a mockery of every mechanic in the game. This game is designed from the perspective of one-Tenno-per-account, with one track for story progression, equipment, consequences of actions, statistic progression. These are not small things, they are not things done by accident, they are design goals. The fact that some people find it odd that a techno-organic suit designed at the pinnacle of human technological progress might actually modify the wearer or similar is much more indicative of a severe lack of imagination. I mean have DE _ever_ shied away from making design that people felt were "odd"  "awkward" or "out of place", why would you assume physical gender signifiers wouldn't be part-and-parcel of that mix.

However I _do_ agree with arch111 in that DE have really caused a problem in not being specific about the basic information of "what we-the-player represent in the game world" lore can be withheld but _some_ degree of ability-to-relate is needed and for that the absolute basics of "Do we represent one character or many" should have been cleared up long before "The Limbo Theorem" made a definitive statement on the matter.

Since Warframes are merely suits that the actual tenno lives in (as far as i'm informed), you're not actually playing a female character. Therefore I don't see a problem with that.

The only warframe i don't like to play is saryn, because I find her general design to be just awful.

Since Warframes are merely suits that the actual tenno lives in (as far as i'm informed), you're not actually playing a female character. Therefore I don't see a problem with that.

The only warframe i don't like to play is saryn, because I find her general design to be just awful.

Your player-avatar-Tenno can be male or female (player choice, DE have stated they don't want to dictate that sort of thing) It's entirely up to you. however regardless of that wearing an andro/gyno-form suit is not an issue for them.

How? we don't know yet . All we know is that it happens, as stated in the Limbo Theorem dialogue from Ordis. (Which BTW has not changed, I completed it again a couple of weeks ago and that line has not been modified)

I don't really mind gender thing, i don't really pay attention to my character.

They only reason i'd want genderbent warframe would rhino and ironskin for the sake of ironbreasts joke.

Come on, everybody knows they would just call it "buns of steel". ;) 

How many times do I have to quote myself before people recognize my genius? Neither gender should have any problem using any warframe, because all Tenno are both male and female.

It's been pretty much confirmed that Tenno are physical, humanoid beings that wear the warframes and can switch between them, due to quotes by the Lotus, Ordis, Sargas Ruk, Lech Kril, the bleed proc visual effect, the fact that we take bonus damage from Slash, Toxin, and Viral, and the out-of-frame Tenno in the cryopods on defense missions. Ordis warns you to be cautious when occupying the Limbo warframe, the quest lines have you collecting pieces of the Mirage and Chroma warframes to wear for yourself, Sargas Ruk and Lech Kril both say that there's flesh inside of the warframes, and we bleed when hit with bleed procs. The theory that the Tenno are energy beings, as well as the theory that Tenno can only use a single warframe, are both pretty much busted already. You play as one humanoid Tenno that switches between the warframes in your arsenal.

But then how do humanoid Tenno use both male and female warframes? There are three possibilities.
1. Tenno do not have a physical sex/gender, and the warframes only do because they were created in the image of their first wearer.
2. Tenno can use any warframe regardless of their sex/gender, and the warframes are only male/female because they were created in the image of their first wearer.
3. Tenno can change their physical sex/gender at will to fit which warframe they want to wear.

The third theory appears to be the most likely when you take a look at the Tenno in cryopods on defense missions, since all of the Tenno in cryo appear to be male. Would this mean that there are no female Tenno in existence? No, that can be proven false when you consider that the female warframes must have been made in the image of their first wearer. This means that Tenno must be capable of changing their sex/gender at will, and all switched to being male when they went into cryo for some reason, perhaps because being male would somehow help them withstand the cold better.
Edited by 4G3NT_0R4NG3

It's been pretty much confirmed that Tenno are physical, humanoid beings that wear the warframes and can switch between them, due to quotes by the Lotus, Ordis, Sargas Ruk, Lech Kril, the bleed proc visual effect, the fact that we take bonus damage from Slash, Toxin, and Viral, and the out-of-frame Tenno in the cryopods on defense missions. Ordis warns you to be cautious when occupying the Limbo warframe, the quest lines have you collecting pieces of the Mirage and Chroma warframes to wear for yourself, Sargas Ruk and Lech Kril both say that there's flesh inside of the warframes, and we bleed when hit with bleed procs. The theory that the Tenno are energy beings, as well as the theory that Tenno can only use a single warframe, are both pretty much busted already. You play as one humanoid Tenno that switches between the warframes in your arsenal.

But then how do humanoid Tenno use both male and female warframes? There are three possibilities.
1. Tenno do not have a physical sex/gender, and the warframes only do because they were created in the image of their first wearer.
2. Tenno can use any warframe regardless of their sex/gender, and the warframes are only male/female because they were created in the image of their first wearer.
3. Tenno can change their physical sex/gender at will to fit which warframe they want to wear.

All of my yes.

The third theory appears to be the most likely when you take a look at the Tenno in cryopods on defense missions, since all of the Tenno in cryo appear to be male. Would this mean that there are no female Tenno in existence? No, that can be proven false when you consider that the female warframes must have been made in the image of their first wearer. This means that Tenno must be capable of changing their sex/gender at will, and all switched to being male when they went into cryo for some reason, perhaps because being male would somehow help them withstand the cold better.

And some of my no.

We have nothing that suggests the beings in the cryo pods are Tenno, They wear the same outfits that the non-Tenno, human operatives do in the relays and in rescue missions. The name "Warframe Cryopod" is obviously legacy as the beings inside do not wear Warframes.

I agree that there are three options, I _don't_ think shapeshifting Tenno is the least-assumptions option. Personally I think "The Warframe imposes shape on the Tenno body" is much more likely.

Edited by SilentMobius

I mean I guess we could do this far in the future but I love my ladies

6/7 of my main frames are females

Warframe is the first game where I actually enjoy playing female characters

I'm not sexist but I've always wanted to play as males

Warframe and DE changed that for me ;)

Because eventually they will likely run out of new themes that work for a shooter. Gunslinger and dragon for our latest ones. come on. I think its time to revisit basic elements.

Actually, there are a lot of themes that have been untouched (Time-Frame, Earth-Frame, Insect-Frame, Plant-Frame), but I get your point on revisiting basic elements, there are a LOT of those like the ones I mentioned.

Seems like this should be a mod, not something DE should be spending their resources on, no offense. As for the Tenno having gender, I don't believe they do, if you look in the defense missions at the cryo pod which holds a Tenno, they are always male in appearance with geometric features, my guess is they are genderless. 

I also don't play female frames. However, I recognize it as an element of my own psychosis, and have made peace with it. I see it akin to if I was left handed and couldn't play characters that were portrayed as right handed. Recognize that it is your problem, that you're responsible for dealing with, and not DE's.