Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"pc Type" Option

Allenaattori

From what I understand, it has to do with hosting/connecting. When set to laptop, the matchmaking server will prioritize host duties to the fastest machine set as a desktop. If all are set to laptops, it will choose the one with the fastest internet connection as the host.

From what I understand, it has to do with hosting/connecting. When set to laptop, the matchmaking server will prioritize host duties to the fastest machine set as a desktop. If all are set to laptops, it will choose the one with the fastest internet connection as the host.

So it's basically "Gaming rig" vs "not gaming rig"?

More of a "I am okay to host the game" or "I would prefer to not host the game if possible" option.

Many laptops are perfectly capable of running the game at native resolution at high settings.

Basically, yes. If you have a high-end gaming laptop, you can safely put "Desktop" as type, while some shoddy office pc is better off as "Laptop". You can also use this to downgrade yourself if you have an unreliable connection.

Soooo I heard right... I had it set to Desktop all the time, becoming host all the time. From host selection at mission start to host migrations in mid-mission...

...which obviously I can't afford with this "internet"

4192188606.png

Now I haven't tried Laptop setting yet... hope it won't change anything other than what's been said

Though from the other side I have a good pc... I hope setting laptop won't take that into account when selecting the host.

Edited by CookingFood

Soooo I heard right... I had it set to Desktop all the time, becoming host all the time. From host selection at mission start to host migrations in mid-mission...

...which obviously I can't afford with this "internet"

4192188606.png

Now I haven't tried Laptop setting yet... hope it won't change anything other than what's been said

Though from the other side I have a good pc... I hope setting laptop won't take that into account when selecting the host.

The Download speed is good, can't say the same about the Upload speed tho

Anyway, it might be because the location.

Edited by DarkLordX2

The Download speed is good, can't say the same about the Upload speed tho

Anyway, it might be because the location.

Considering the average speeds of the every country in Europe, it's not good at all... The upload is low because of the location, you're right.

Considering the average speeds of the every country in Europe, it's not good at all... The upload is low because of the location, you're right.

Well, there is the issue, since you live in Europe, playing with people from USA isn't very "effective"

If I recall right setting to laptop adds an equivalent of 150 ms ping to your "hosting capability", meaning that if you have a 20 ms ping with superduper internet but set to laptop it sets you as 170 ms ping. If you happen to be competing with a desktop who has 200 ms ping over who will be the host you will win but if the desktop will have 100 ms ping then he will be the host.