Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is Everyone Hating On Tenno Live And Chroma ?

Mikail96

"Yes the poll doesn't accurately represent the opinions of every single person playing the game"then why bring it up? 1000 people out of even 1 mill is still a small fraction of the player base making the poll inaccurate and inconclusive.

did you even read my post? i brought it up to explain to all the people seem to believe that a poll has to be entirely accurate or holds no meaning that such is not really the case. it's unrealistic to ever expect any sort of response gauging tactic for a large community to ever account for every single player, but even without a response from all people in a demographic it still provides a generally accurate depiction of what that majority feels. sure there is a margin of error, but more often than not those numbers still hold pretty true to the large demographic not questioned. 

just dismissing the entire poll because it isn't spot on is just childish and a petty way to deny what is very likely an accurate representation of player opinion. 

-snip-

You keep making the mistake of merging the "Meh" and "Ugly" group on the strawpoll. "Meh" is not "dissatisfied". It's neither fully supportive nor fully against the current design, but not as far as "no opinion", as they obviously hold some sort of stance on it.

The strawpoll is influenced by bias, plain and simple. It is, by no means, an overly-accurate representation.

If somebody were to actually create a list of players, pull names from the list in a completely random pattern, and ask these individuals their opinion on this frame's design, THEN it would be a creditable source of information. Additionally, it would be a powerful-enough indicator for DE to rethink design if need be.

Edit: Yes, I'm aware all polls are inaccurate one way or another, but there's a point where it would be foolish to use this as an excuse for a poll to be considered acceptable. This is one of those cases, as there's a clear "hate bandwagon" formed around the design of Chroma. On multiple occasions, I have asked individuals why they dislike the frame. On almost every occasion, they simply said something along the lines of "I don't know; it just seems like a lot of people are doing it". In situations like this, it's best to rely solely on purely randomized survey.

Edited by Nitresco

did you even read my post? i brought it up to explain to all the people seem to believe that a poll has to be entirely accurate or holds no meaning that such is not really the case. it's unrealistic to ever expect any sort of response gauging tactic for a large community to ever account for every single player, but even without a response from all people in a demographic it still provides a generally accurate depiction of what that majority feels. sure there is a margin of error, but more often than not those numbers still hold pretty true to the large demographic not questioned. 

just dismissing the entire poll because it isn't spot on is just childish and a petty way to deny what is very likely an accurate representation of player opinion. 

1000 out of 1 mill players is not accurate at all no matter how you twist your words.1000 is roughly 0.1% of that player base and that's not including the other 7 mill players.They aren't going to change chroma over a 1000 voted poll.

You keep making the mistake of merging the "Meh" and "Ugly" group on the strawpoll. "Meh" is not "dissatisfied". It's neither fully supportive nor fully against the current design, but not as far as "no opinion", as they obviously hold some sort of stance on it.

The strawpoll is influenced by bias, plain and simple. It is, by no means, an overly-accurate representation.

If somebody were to actually create a list of players, pull names from the list in a completely random pattern, and ask these individuals their opinion on this frame's design, THEN it would be a creditable source of information. Additionally, it would be a powerful-enough indicator for DE to rethink design if need be.

Edit: Yes, I'm aware all polls are inaccurate one way or another, but there's a point where it would be foolish to use this as an excuse for a poll to be considered acceptable. This is one of those cases, as there's a clear "hate bandwagon" formed around the design of Chroma. On multiple occasions, I have asked individuals why they dislike the frame. On almost every occasion, they simply said something along the lines of "I don't know; it just seems like a lot of people are doing it". In situations like this, it's best to rely solely on purely randomized survey.

sorry, i just figure it into the same field since any reaction that isn't positive is an undesirable/unwanted reaction for this game (the goal of the game is to make the customers enjoy it, meh is not enjoying). and sorry if i don't think the poll is just a collection of "haters" as people seem to believe everyone who doesn't like the frame are. 

sure it could be better, like you've mentioned with random drawing but i still don't think it's a statistic that should just be dismissed so lightly (but then we do seem to share different views on the input). 

not sure what to say as to the people you've spoken to though, i've yet to converse with someone who has said they dislike the frame because they want to fit in/its popular opinion. 

1000 out of 1 mill players is not accurate at all no matter how you twist your words.1000 is roughly 0.1% of that player base and that's not including the other 7 mill players.They aren't going to change chroma over a 1000 voted poll.

I'm not saying they should change it purely on the poll, but it is still a representation of the general communities feel on the design that should be flag some consideration about it's current design. and ignoring the fact i firmly don't believe this game honestly has 8 million active players or even a fraction of that, plenty of statistics have relied on a small sample size of a group to get a general feel for the overarching view-point of an entire group, and again even though they aren't dead on they do give a reasonable image of the groups mindset. so no this poll may not be the best way to gauge the communities opinion, but it still isn't something you can just chalk up to being wrong and valueless.