Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is Everyone Hating On Tenno Live And Chroma ?

Mikail96

Fricking lame excuse! That is a Seahorse! A SEAHORSE! 

There is no excuse for Chroma to not look like a dragon! None!

Ind

Indeed!

Please search for sea dragon on google.

Edited by -Jack.Of.Blades-

I dont get from where the hate i see people who say worst stream ever blablabla but i found the dex dakra cool the glaive weapon cool the parcour 2.0 Ultra cool the sentients Mega Cool and you know what just because you saw a bunch of Fanarts and people who think they can do much better than DE doesnt mean they have todo it that Way.I love Chroma and his design and i have nothing against an Seahorse frame. Then the destroying of the Void is especially Interesting onside of the Lore and they will surely Replace the Void by Something Else maybee a system that is even better than the Void.

Chroma is ugly. Not that Warframes tend to be pretty, but he is especially so. Think he's just as bad as Zephyr.

That's not what the community wanted. DE said that they were doing a theme that the community had long requested. The community requested a traditional, mythological dragon theme, whether western or eastern. The community did not want a sea dragon. The community was specific. For DE to do this is either ignorance on their part or willful trolling of the community (chroma barely even looks like that pic you posted). This is just like if the community were to ask for a lion frame, and DE ended up releasing a sea lion frame. A sea lion isn't a lion. It having lion in its name doesn't make it a lion. In the same way, the community wanted a dragon, not a sea dragon. I really shouldn't even have to explain that to you as I expect you're smarter than that.

Indeed!

Okay, to humor you, let's compare the two outcomes:

Scenario A

DE: Hi community! We're releasing our new Dragon frame. Its appearance follows many of the stereotypes of dragons and dragon themed things.

Community: WOW this frame looks awful! Why did you make it so stereotypical? Do you have any originality?

Scenario B (what we are seeing now)

DE: Hi Community! We're releasing our new Dragon frame. It's a spin off of Eastern influences and sea-dragons' appearance, to go hand in hand with our new Aquatic tilesets (hence the sea-dragon appearance).

Community: WOW this frame looks awful! Why didn't you make it a stereotypical dragon? We didn't want a seahorse we wanted a stereotypical dragon looking frame!

The Conclusion

No matter what DE decides to do, players are going to be miffed about it and think it's the worst design decision ever. With a community this large, it's impossible to please everyone.

P.S.

.....That is a -snip- SEAHORSE THAT WAS NAMED AFTER DRAGONS! It is NOT what dragons were based off of!

Edit: grammar

Actually, the basis for eastern dragons is in fact sea horses, snakes and sea serpents (eels). It's not a sea horse that was named after a dragon. It's literally called a sea dragon. Glauert's seadragon, Phycodurus eques, is a marine fish in the family Syngnathidae, which includes seadragons, pipefish, and seahorses. While related to seahorses, it is not a seahorse.

P.P.S. Watch your language.

Scenario A

DE: Hi community! We're releasing our new Dragon frame. Its appearance follows many of the stereotypes of dragons and dragon themed things.

Community: WOW this frame looks awful! Why did you make it so stereotypical? Do you have any originality?

DE: Hi Community! We're releasing our new Dragon frame. It's a spin off of Eastern influences and sea-dragons' appearance, to go hand in hand with our new Aquatic tilesets (hence the sea-dragon appearance).

Community: WOW this frame looks awful! Why didn't you make it a stereotypical dragon? We didn't want a seahorse we wanted a stereotypical dragon looking frame!

The Conclusion

No matter what DE decides to do, players are going to be miffed about it and think it's the worst design decision ever. With a community this large, it's impossible to please everyone.

Agreed wholeheartedly.

.....That is a -snip- SEAHORSE THAT WAS NAMED AFTER DRAGONS! It is NOT what dragons were based off of!

Edit: grammar

Sea dragons were so named because of a vague resemblance to dragons.

Chroma is a warframe with a vague resemblance to a dragon

Oh I'm sensing a pattern here! Who would have thunk it?

Sea dragons were so named because of a vague resemblance to dragons.

Chroma is a warframe with a vague resemblance to a dragon

Oh I'm sensing a pattern here! Who would have thunk it?

Bottom line: This is not what the community requested, and DE should've been honest that they were not making what the community requested.

Scenario A

The Conclusion

P.S.

Actually, the basis for eastern dragons is in fact sea horses, snakes and sea serpents (eels). It's not a sea horse that was named after a dragon. It's literally called a sea dragon. Glauert's seadragon, Phycodurus eques, is a marine fish in the family Syngnathidae, which includes seadragons, pipefish, and seahorses. While related to seahorses, it is not a seahorse.

I think the difference between Scenario A and Scenario B is that I'm pretty sure most people wanted a "cool" looking "dragon" frame. And as seen from the massive QQ on the forums right now, not that many people think Chroma looks "cool".

Bottom line: This is not what the community requested, and DE should've been honest that they were not making what the community requested.

Honestly, it seems to only be people with very limited exposure to eastern games/eastern aesthetics who can't see the dragon resemblance (which ironically does seem to make up a large portion of this game's playerbase)

I've seen dragon designs that look way more bizarre than that.

Ya, that's what I see:

Wd58oYQ.jpg

Scenario A

The Conclusion

P.S.

Is there any room for a Scenario C where DE makes a non-stereotypcal design that doesn't look like crap?

To be fair not every had the same idea when it came to what the dragon should've looked like other then that the chroma isn't to their liking which TBH isn't very constructive.(Unless you have proof and a link 0_0 that shows that the mass of the community had an idea of what it should've looked like?)

Ya, that's what I see:

Wd58oYQ.jpg

So you think that classifications for species of sea life, and the name "sea dragon" predate the notion of dragons? Yeah, ok. I can see why you guys screwed up with this frame.

Here's what a good representation of your community thinks of this frame: strawpoll.me/3807541/r 

Sorry. But no. Oh, and Fundance, eastern games are not some validation that this frame looks like a dragon. Even people from the east have said that this thing doesn't look like an eastern dragon.

To be fair not every had the same idea when it came to what the dragon should've looked like other then that the chroma isn't to their liking which TBH isn't very constructive.(Unless you have proof and a link 0_0 that shows that the mass of the community had an idea of what it should've looked like?)

It was eastern, western, aztec, mayan, or incan. Take your pick. Those were the different influences that were up for debate. All of those have dragon imagery that actually look like traditional dragons, not seadragons, which are not mythological dragons, which is what the community wanted.

So you think that classifications for species of sea life, and the name "sea dragon" predate the notion of dragons? Yeah, ok. I can see why you guys screwed up with this frame.

Here's what a good representation of your community thinks of this frame: strawpoll.me/3807541/r 

Sorry. But no. Oh, and Fundance, eastern games are not some validation that this frame looks like a dragon. Even people from the east have said that this thing doesn't look like an eastern dragon.

so like a 1000 people out of god knows what amount?that's kinda an incaclusive don't you think?

Ya, that's what I see:

Wd58oYQ.jpg

I hated it in the first couple of minutes, then I started looking better at it, and seeing the details, I like it now, not my favorite design by far but pretty cool!

Also I can't understand that helmet, his is mouth open? It seems like it is but then his chin looks integrated into the frame so I'm thinking his mouth is always open?? Will buy the alt helmet in case I like it better.

And to me at first glance he looked like a Gharial, a crocodile with a thin snout.

Edited by Yoshimitzu

It was eastern, western, aztec, mayan, or incan. Take your pick. Those were the different influences that were up for debate. All of those have dragon imagery that actually look like traditional dragons, not seadragons, which are not mythological dragons, which is what the community wanted.

Greek-http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5c/Reggio_calabria_museo_nazionale_mosaico_da_kaulon.jpg

medieval-http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/54/Liber_Floridus_page_scan_A%2C_ca._1460.jpg

to name a few who look like chroma in some way or another.

My first thought upon seeing chroma was "WTF is that?" I sat there looking at the artwork for quite awhile and it just looked very off from how I invisioned a dragon like frame would look. In my head I was thinking, large claws, wings, a tail, and perhaps a string of horns/spines running down his back. Thats not what we got obviously but I continued to sit there looking at it till I blurted out my most inner thoughts "That looks really ugly".

Its certainly a different take on a dragon frame then I would have done (and Im sure different from many other artists) but that doesnt necessarily make it back. Speaking purely from an aesthetic perspective I dont think he looks good (yeah I know because I say I dont care for it Im somehow Hating on it according to the people with no understanding of the english language). Im still going to get him though, who knows he could be a lot of fun or at the very least a great frame to run. We'll see when he comes out but that design still throws me off.