Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Butchery Of Frames

Translation of what you were trying to say. 

Your age must affect your memory in a negative way. Right?

As much fun as it was to "communicate" with you using different tactics by both sides, I must leave you to defend this horrific, fuel for nightmares, designer fail of a monster, for yourself.

That or its clever move to sell NORMAL dragon skins.

Capitalism FTW, mateys!

Edited by Woras

As much fun as it was to "communicate" with you using different tactics by both sides, I must leave you to defend this horrific, fuel for nightmares, designer fail of a monster, for yourself.

That or its clever move to sell NORMAL dragon skins.

Capitalism FTW, mateys!

Adieu.

Eh, Chroma will be just another Loki for me. Mastery fodder. And as for the head. Alternate helmets, mate. Wanna see ridiculous? Has anyone ever seen anyone wearing the Avalon helmet on excalibur? I haven't. I have blueprints for it, two actually, one for Arcane and one for the statless. 

If anything he looks very similar to Ash. It's the arms.

Edited by Lakais

God this'll be a nightmare for DE :-\ I see this going one of three ways:

1. No stereotypical dude in dragon suit skin on release = 'God damn it DE screwed us, this frame is ugly and they should hang their artists'

2. Stereotypical dragonsuit skin that somehow conforms to 'classical' dragon design norms = 'God damn money grubbing DE screwed us, this is crap and they should hang their marketing team'

3. Any other skin = Same as 1 but with extra complaining over the new skin too.

What a nightmare. Blow that, I'd hate to be them.

Edited by Lord_Billos

God this'll be a nightmare for DE :-\ I see this going one of three ways:

1. No stereotypical dude in dragon suit skin on release = 'God damn it DE screwed us, this frame is ugly and they should hang their artists'

2. Stereotypical dragonsuit skin that somehow conforms to 'classical' dragon design norms = 'God damn money grubbing DE screwed us, this is crap and they should hang their marketing team'

3. Any other skin = Same as 1 but with extra complaining over the new skin too.

What a nightmare. Blow that, I'd hate to be them.

As long as DE provides a solution that makes Chroma easier to recognise as a dragon we shouldn't have much of an uprising. If they don't.....then the forums will be a horrible, horrible place, filled with first post accounts expressing their opinions.

It will be like now but with much more toxicity and umad gifs.

Why not?

Because it has been explained with reasons that are backed by logical thinking, references to animals and even common sense why Chroma does not look like a dragon at first glance.

*cries, followed by a mental breakdown*

Edited by kiteohatto

Why not?

If you saw the design and (like me) were out of the loop that it was a 'dragon frame', what would you think it most looks like?

As my internet has been pretty bad lately I saw the picture before I knew anything about 'an upcoming dragon frame'. I honestly thought it was an infested themed frame based on one of Lephantis' heads.

Just my opinion of course.

Edited by Lord_Billos

Because it has been explained with reasons that are backed by logical thinking, references to animals and even common sense why Chroma does not look like a dragon at first glance.

*cries, followed by a mental breakdown*

And just as you and others have posted why it wasn't I have seen many others post why it was in fact, a dragon. If you want to continue to express how you feel that's fine, but why can't I express that what I saw was a dragon? 

If you saw the design and (like me) were out of the loop that it was a 'dragon frame', what would you think it most looks like?

As my internet has been pretty bad lately I saw the picture before I knew anything about 'an upcoming dragon frame'. I honestly thought it was an infested themed frame based on one of Lephantis' heads.

At first I thought it was an Anteater frame to be honest. I had to look at the ingame footage(The preview images were atrocious to me.) they gave us to see the details properly and determine yes, this is the dragon warframe. And now i'm ok with it.

If I were to show you Vauban without any previous context would you instantly recognize what he was based off of? How about Mag? Nyx?

Context is everything when making an archetype within a fictional universe. Shoving a mutated space demon into a random stranger's face isn't going to elicit a satisfactory response.

Edited by Ionus

And just as you and others have posted why it wasn't I have seen many others post why it was in fact, a dragon. If you want to continue to express how you feel that's fine, but why can't I express that what I saw was a dragon? 

At first I thought it was an Anteater frame to be honest. I had to look at the ingame footage(The preview images were atrocious to me.) they gave us to see the details properly and determine yes, this is the dragon warframe. And now i'm ok with it.

Remove the helmet and what is dragon themed about it?

If I were to show you Vauban without any previous context would you instantly recognize what he was based off of? How about Mag? Nyx?

Context is everything when making an archetype within a fictional universe. Shoving a mutated space demon into a random stranger's face isn't going to elicit a satisfactory response.

I still don't know what Vauban is based off of....

I'm quite aware of the importance of context. However I was just stating that given no context, that's the first thoughts on Chromas appearance that popped into my head. That is all.

I'm not saying "screw you guys for seeing things wrong", "I'm right and you're wrong", or anything similar. I'm just sharing my opinion of what I first thought upon seeing a random picture I had no prior knowledge of. I actually think he looks pretty cool.

If you want to argue semantics about the appearance of Chroma then good on ya. I just wanted to let you know what I thought of his looks having had no prior expectations of any kind about it. Because I'd never heard about it.

Then they would try to justify the rounded beaver tail and the stubby "wings". They won't ever admit that we might be right, ever.

Or the dragon hide on the back and legs, or the designs on the chest, or the...why do I even bother?

Let's work on you admitting someone else might be right first.

Or the dragon hide on the back and legs, or the designs on the chest, or the...why do I even bother?

Let's work on you admitting someone else might be right first.

Well, it would be a start if this dragonhide you are talking about actually resembles a dragonhide ? Otheriwse it's just hardwax. I will gladly admit if i am proven wrong. I will write you an apology in PM if i am wrong.

We'll wait until he gets released then we can see all of his body, alright ? Assuming DE isn't frantically altering him this very moment due to the tennolive reaction(lack of) and biggest forum backlash to date for any frame to date.

Edited by kiteohatto

Well, it would be a start if this dragonhide you are talking about actually resembles a dragonhide ? Otheriwse it's just hardwax. I will gladly admit if i am proven wrong. I will write you an apology in PM if i am wrong.

We'll wait until he gets released then we can see all of his body, alright ? Assuming DE isn't frantically altering him this very moment due to the tennolive reaction(lack of) and biggest forum backlash to date for any frame to date.

I honestly would not be surprised if some last minute changes went in. We only saw the front of the frame at TennoLive, it would be easy to sneak in some alterations.

As for the dragon skin/scale, it's a little hard to see.

Here's a frame I pulled from the gif where you can sort of see it, and some dragon skin refrences.

frame_023.gif

Look at his upper leg and his back.

dragon_scales_hi_rez_by_rslewisphotos-d5

Snake-Scales-Texture-500x333.jpg

Snake-Skin-Texture-500x704.jpg

Now, this part is just conjecture, but that texture seems to cover his entire back. The weird lines you see on his arms are the scale texture being stretched and warped out to cover his shoulders in a way that evokes armor.

I honestly would not be surprised if some last minute changes went in. We only saw the front of the frame at TennoLive, it would be easy to sneak in some alterations.

As for the dragon skin/scale, it's a little hard to see.

Here's a frame I pulled from the gif where you can sort of see it, and some dragon skin refrences.

frame_023.gif

Look at his upper leg and his back.

dragon_scales_hi_rez_by_rslewisphotos-d5

Snake-Scales-Texture-500x333.jpg

Snake-Skin-Texture-500x704.jpg

Now, this part is just conjecture, but that texture seems to cover his entire back. The weird lines you see on his arms are the scale texture being stretched and warped out to cover his shoulders in a way that evokes armor.

Thanks for the reply.

i couldn't find a high quality gif to get a good look at the back there, so i used the normal image and here is what i found after doing some exposure changes in photoshop. It's quite interesting. It seems like he has 2 rows of suction cups along his spinal line(like the octopus has) which does suggest he is a water creature. I can see some "armor scale" midway on his tail but i cant recognise scales anywhere else that you told me to look.

aUoXzdU.jpg

Edited by kiteohatto