Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could General Sargas Ruk Be Related With Steel Meridian?

Xandis

I couldn't help but think that we Tenno fit that bill better than anything else in the solar system.

We would be if we weren't a reactive force. Most of the attacks on facilities and enemy forces are from the Lotus detecting something that would tip the balance of the system.

Grineer makes advances in cloning which strengthen their forces considerably? Send the Tenno.

The Corpus builds a new advanced Jackal prototype? Send the Tenno.

The Infested is trying to spread in a system? Send the Tenno.

Vay Hek wants to poison Earth's vegetation? Send the Tenno.

Alad V is capturing, cutting up and selling Tenno from Tenno Cryopods? Send the Tenno.

Vay Hek is not happy we &!$$ed in his plans and is trying to blow up relays? Send the Tenno.

The Grineer/Corpus have critical data in the form of a computer or person? Send the Tenno.

Etc.

The only instances where that doesn't hold true are conflict missions where we're free to pick a side, going into the void or derelicts (which is equivalent to sending a hunter into a zoo filled with rabid animals anyway) and inter-clan warfare which, mind you, only affects the Tenno themselves which is more like an internal struggle and the conclave which is lore-wise more like a proving ground to test your skills against fellow Tenno.

Edited by Wiegraf

I can imagine it now.

Ruk arguing with his daughter in that voice of his in a sad dad kind of way and his daughter is just being stubborn and rebellious.

Then there will be some DarvoXRuk's daughter and General Sargas Ruk does not approve, and Darvo is scared shirtless with the Grineer General coming after him calling him "greedy milk!" And such and such.

Actually laughed. Someone should make a comic or video of this scenario.

The biggest problem I can think of with the theory is (aside from sterile Grineer) that Ruk got promoted to the rank of general for crushing a rebellion on Saturn. I can't think of any motivation for him to defect. That said, I do like this theory and it would certainly give some more depth to his character and the Steel Meridian leader's.

The biggest problem I can think of with the theory is (aside from sterile Grineer) that Ruk got promoted to the rank of general for crushing a rebellion on Saturn.

Audio file for anyone who's curious

That actually might be another link between Ruk and SM. What if that rebellion (Potentially led by Ruk's daughter) was the basis of Steel Meridian? The rebels just completely left Saturn and created SM with Saturn as the icon as it was their place of origin.

Ruk could have falsely "crushed" the rebellion, allowing the rebels to leave freely without seeming suspicious, and Ruk gets promoted; a win-win situation. Course, that still brings up Ruk's fierce loyalty to the Queens as an argument, but again, he seemed pretty alright openly allying with the Tenno. Surely the Queens might have said something about that then? (Unless of course the Queens also saw a "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" potential)

Audio file for anyone who's curious

That actually might be another link between Ruk and SM. What if that rebellion (Potentially led by Ruk's daughter) was the basis of Steel Meridian? The rebels just completely left Saturn and created SM with Saturn as the icon as it was their place of origin.

Ruk could have falsely "crushed" the rebellion, allowing the rebels to leave freely without seeming suspicious, and Ruk gets promoted; a win-win situation. Course, that still brings up Ruk's fierce loyalty to the Queens as an argument, but again, he seemed pretty alright openly allying with the Tenno. Surely the Queens might have said something about that then? (Unless of course the Queens also saw a "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" potential)

That seems a bit convenient to me, doesn't it? I mean Ruk (who is fiercely loyal to the Grineer cause) just letting a rebellion go unpunished, let alone one led by his daughter?

As to his allying with us during the Gravidus Dilemma, I see no loyalty coming into question there. From a general's point of view it is just hireing a mercenary to kill your enemy. I mean really would you decline help from an army of warrior gods if they offered it to you, regardless of how firm your upper hand was in a conflict?