Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coptering

Hotshot0507

I dont recommend getting used to it too much.

Too much crying is near us when they remove it, i dont want you to become one of them :P

They said at Tenno Live it was something that was never intended but people loved. And that even in the Parkour update it will still exist and be a thing. We are space ninjas, that fast paced movement has really become a part of the game, couldn't imagine it any other way. I don't see it ever being removed.

It is the same as ever, what weapon are you using?  Some weapons can't be used for coptering.  Have you switched to a new melee weapon recently?

Too much crying is near us when they remove it, i dont want you to become one of them :P

At this point, DE has as good as said they aren't removing it.

Coptering is affected mostly by weapon speed...faster weapon further copter (use fury and berserker) ....exept for some weapons like daggers and heawy weapons propably fists too.

And try air mele, staffs got great reach 

For now best mobility weapon in game is TIPEDO in my opinion 

Ppl adapt, coptering makes you move more efficiently and more fluid, a frost can become the fastest frame with a proper weapon.

When they remove it we will think about until then I and other people can reduce our time with the master race tipedo. Why wallrun to that big secret room platform in void when you can just directional melee and save 20-30 seconds. Why run over that room when you can copter over it with one big flying swing of a weapon.

I never do it so I don't care but I'm sure they won't since alot of people like to be the first in line for some strange reason

There's time for being slow and theres time for being fast.

When we do a do mission get reward rinse repeat in void such as Capture, stragglers that run so slow you basically get to 10 seconds left before exit piss you off. Make it 10 runs and that one person just lost 10 minutes of your life.

If you like to run and stop then sightsee then do it in your own accord, or do it when people don't mind it. However when they ask you to hurry up *by using the waypoint* then you should act accordingly rather than running to near the extraction and doing native folk dance for the next minute.

Edited by Xaturas

Choptering is my bread and butter in this game, some of my builds even require it to be effective. I tried changing gear for fun, but had no effect.

This is very annoying.

I sent in a ticket...

edit: BTW I like the ceramic dagger. Nice big distance coptering with it.

Edited by Hotshot0507

Coptering just looks so stupid and broken... efficient? maybe.. But then again: frames have sprint speed for a reason. DE should work on that.

I can't understand how people seriously support that kind of abusive movement-feature...

Edited by RagingRyu

Hit all the keys at the same time of there is a sequence? Can you explain more please?

When you are running (Shift + W) you tap crouch, then melee swing. By default it would be like as you are running quickly tap V then E on your keyboard if you haven't changed hotkeys. This will cause you to slide very quickly across the ground.

You can also do V / Spacebar / E, which does the same thing but launches you in the air.

Hit all the keys at the same time of there is a sequence? Can you explain more please?

There's a sequence.  Sprint, while sprinting crouch, then while sliding melee.  The aerial version is sprint, then while sprinting jump, while in the air crouch, then while 'sliding' through the air melee.

Coptering just looks so stupid and broken... efficient? maybe.. But then again: frames have sprint speed for a reason. DE should work on that.

I can't understand how people seriously support that kind of abusive movement-feature...

I wish they would change it...or just get rid of it.

It's unique to Warframe, it takes at least some small measure of skill to use well, and I really enjoy zooming around the maps with it.  I hope they never change it.

I also found that the stance mods can affect, I assume.  I recently started using the Nikana, with the Blind Justice stance mod, and coptering does not work cause that stance does like an upward strike.

The nikana has always been terribad in terms of coptering, FYI.

The nikana has always been terribad in terms of coptering, FYI.

Ah, maybe that's it.  I hadn't used the nikana, was my first go with it, and I hadn't tried it without the blind justice stance.  Do you know if the blind justice stance makes it even worse?  You basically drop like a stone when you do the melee to try to copter.

Coptering is affected mostly by weapon speed...faster weapon further copter (use fury and berserker) ....exept for some weapons like daggers and heawy weapons propably fists too.

And try air mele, staffs got great reach 

For now best mobility weapon in game is TIPEDO in my opinion 

I thought Tonbo had a better reach but could just be an illusion.