The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Information About Afk Players

Angelic-Guardian

Question

i don't expect people to go without a bathroom break or going to get something to drink. what i do expect is for them to take care of stuff like that BEFORE doing a mission. if you suddenly have to use the bathroom or decide you want a drink, i'm sure you had "the urge" before you started.

You have a point, but you also have to consider the fact that players can do missions of over an hour and more. It's unreasonable to assume they did, or are even able to work that far in advance. Unless you seriously planned for a mission, taking blatter control into consideration beforehand with your crew. Great for those people, but the majority of people don't take things that serious, or are that organized. Expecting them to is expecting miracles.

Whether this is such a great offence or not is for one self to decide, and how big of a deal it is is highly dependent on the situation for me at least.

I must put in here an important fact that there is currently a new bug that I belive has been introduced with the recent hotfix adding new anti-afk feature. It constantly causes me and other client players to experience inability to collect mods while carrier uses vacuum on them. Often resulting in a massive top hat of items that obstructs view and will not go away untill sentinel dies.

I must put in here an important fact that there is currently a new bug that I belive has been introduced with the recent hotfix adding new anti-afk feature. It constantly causes me and other client players to experience inability to collect mods while carrier uses vacuum on them. Often resulting in a massive top hat of items that obstructs view and will not go away untill sentinel dies.

It's quite old

this is by far the most damaging thing to the game so far. it's dumb and needs to be properly laid out EXACTLY what it is.

a kickvote system would be great, it would get rid of the the afk @ start leechers. but that's not why we got this afk system.. it's to force people back behind the grindwall that keeps getting higher and higher. the core of this problem is not just greedy people that wants easy S#&$, it's the huge grindwalls.

can't imagine egate would have been as abused and widespread 12 months ago when i started playing. and even further back when cores and credits were aplenty.

change this, please... game is getting less and less enjoyable. if you don't want people using the tools you give them then reword the power system and stop putting out mods/augments that invites to these kinds of tactics. after all we're using YOUR tools in YOUR game.

for now it feels like the PWE fears were not unfounded.

Edited by dddeath

In every online game there is a system which gets abused. In some games faster, in other later in the game. In grind based games like WF it falls into two categories: abusing the most prominent grind maps and afk leeching in the ones it is possible/viable.

And both are issues which the game design can make a difference. Players always are guided through the path of least resistance, the easiest way, and that is what the map/mission/game design should pay attention to.

Sadly, majority of the player base has gotten used to the fast moving, rush based gameplay, which works on certain mission types extremely well. However, with the recent addition of Spy 2.0 missions, which require thinking, planning and not rushing, the developers have shown that they are paying attention to the pace of the game and are acting upon it. I've noticed that even the normal Exterminate missions are not complete tube runs anymore, with some enemies hiding on some side paths, causing too fast group to reverse once in a while.

Abusive AFK leeching tactics is a warning sign and must be taken care of. Fast. Sudden afk because of real life emergency is one thing, but why would you begin to play if you are not sure you can commit the next 10-30 minutes (or more, depending on mission type) to playing it through? If you start playing without being sure you can commit to the time required, you are effectively ruining the game for the rest of the group.

C out

-kick afk? Hope high rank player dun use this power to kick out low rank player from the game... 

Just something to consider.

yeah it has it flaws, like falsly accusing someone of something that might result in a kick if the other players believe it.

but not as massivly filled with flaws like the AFK system

No, that would be a "leech." AFK is a neutral term.

The term is starting to become demonized in Warframe though thanks to recent developments.

The is a very important point. AFK in and of itself isn't bad. It's a part of playing games with people; sometimes reality intrudes on game time. You don't need to feel bad about AFKing. The "Anti-AFK" system would be better identified as the "Anti-Leech" system, as that's why it was implemented.

Leeching is the process of joining a game with other players, then hiding instead of playing the mission. The goal of this is to get the rewards of the mission without having to do any of the work. Often, the leecher will go AFK once they've loaded into the mission, which is why the term is getting such a bad rep. However, the AFK isn't what's making people dislike them; it's the fact that they want to have all the advantages of being a high level or having better gear without doing any of the work.

I'd much prefer it if they added a less definite width. Say, if total time spent "AFK" is greater than 20% of the total time in the mission, then the rewards get held. That way, my team could stall for me while I go take a pee. And then, we could apply it to endless missions too!

And what if someone's nose suddenly starts bleeding? Or, suddenly, some relative calls at the door and asks for help to bring in stuff, or just demands attention?

That is a fair argument, and no doubt valid reasons to be afk. Nevertheless the player would not have made a contribution to gameplay while they were away. Therefore they do not deserve rewards they did not work for, no matter how pure the intent behind their excuse is.

this is usually caused by "Lag de-sync" with host, just zorren away from loot and try to avoid loot in general for a little while and you will be able to pick loot again :P

are you sure it takes Warframe 2 mins. to figure out if your afk or not I was playing the other day and stopped to scan the area and when the mission ended I didn't even get credits but my friends got a butt ton of mods and resources. I wasn't afk but i guess i stopped moving for to long.

Edited by Ookami_Nihonto