Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Dinosaur Is Thinking Of Branching Out,help Me Select A Decently Priced Ipad?

GunDownGrace

or tablets thing for that matter

the thing is,and im rather ashamed to say this...i have no idea about tablets,like none

i know they exist,and they preform computing functions,that's all i know

but i just read an article on msn about an app for the ipad that helps you draw

and that severely spiked my interest

so fill me in on some info

what is a tablet?and what exactly is it`s intended use?

how does it differ from a laptop?or a desktop for that matter

what are the pro's and cons?

is refurbished previous gen stuff worth it?what the difference?

how to get the best function for my currency unit?

Edited by GunDownGrace

Can you play Warframe on an iPad?

now thats just not nice..i can make posts here about tech stuff,.or questiosn rather,with no trouble at all...ill not have you dashing my thread cause im asking a freindly question in the proper manner that you happened to take offense too

tablets are kind of custom made ipads  ... its just not an ipad because apples !!! (no i mean the company with that big rotten cheap apple)

some tablets are actually more powerful and more capable of doing stuff ... others arent ... its a big market if you dont count apple products

but forget it if you want to play far cry 4/crysis 3/Battlefield 4 on highest settings wih one of those ...you also need to buy an extra "real" keyboard and mouse  even if its windows or desktop based it just wont have any power behind it

you have more luck playing a game on your toaster or coffee machine than with most of those  

but i recommend them as a kind of "retro" gaming platform if you get enough emulators!

Edited by Severuslanskerr

Can you play Warframe on an iPad?

theoretically ... you need a windows operating system, and enough hardware requirements ... but the result may be playing all in the lowest settings and having to put in additional devices ... as above a real keyboard and a mouse (its playable on a 10 year old notebook i had to take to an hospital , i think a "modern" ipad or how they are called should be "able" to run it but dont ask me how miserable

now thats just not nice..i can make posts here about tech stuff,.or questiosn rather,with no trouble at all...ill not have you dashing my thread cause im asking a freindly question in the proper manner that you happened to take offense too

Sure, you can ask questions, especially in proper manner. But when it's arguably in the wrong section, it's going to be pointed out. This is something you're going to have to deal with.

And no, I'm not taking offense to it. Quit being so quick to assume.

Edited by Nitresco

Sure, you can ask questions, especially in proper manner. But when it's arguably in the wrong section, it's going to be pointed out. This is something you're going to have to deal with.

And no, I'm not taking offense to it. Quit being so quick to assume.

1.you are taking offense to it otherwise you wouldnt have said what you did

2.this is the right section,i ran a very sucessfull thread for shopping advice on nvidia cards,that moderators responded on,in this section,ill post the link so you can have the oppurtunity to disbeleive what you said

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/367787-yet-another-help-me-shop-nvidia-thread/?hl=%2Bhelp+%2Bme+%2Bshop+%2Bnvidia

there..now you are expected to drop this argument as yor opinion is no more than a slight fancy for things going your way now,you do not know the rules of this forum well,even enough to make a passing judgement

Edited by GunDownGrace

i dont want to be rude or something ... but getting a part for a device that could possibly run warframe better is players helping players

but asking for an ipad (that most likely wont be able to run or wont work on Warframe at all is not specific for WARFRAME

also you should have made that question like: is it good enough to run WARFRAME ... if you dont intend do use it for "running Warframe" its actually off topic ... just edit your opening and state its for warframe and its players helping players again like last time with your graphic card

this forum is for warframe and warframe based problems (getting new graphic card can be a problem)

this forum is not for other devices not intended or not wanted to run warframe on

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

off topic example: my "toaster" broke which one is better? (how your opening sounds)

in topic example: my "toaster" was playing Warframe and i need a new/better one? (how it needed to sound to stay in topic)

thats the difference of staying in the topic or outside

its just that you havent stated its intended to run warframe at all if it IS its actually part of players helping players if you search one

if you just search information or anything other for ipads (not warframe specific) its in off topic because it has nothing to do with warframe!

a graphic card was in the right spot BEFORE because its needed to play warframe and a decent one recommended from toher players is a good idea 

Asking for a random device without connection/intention of running warframe on is simply off topic ...

well i didnt say if i intended to run warframe with it now did i?i didnt say whether i intended to use it with the website,which is still part of the game in some ways,or not

absolutisms are a nasty can of worms,dont rely on them

i dont make it my business that often to say what i want a device for,would you tell me everything you use your devices for?

infact i might try and run warframe on it anyways

I have tablet and dont have any use for that useless thing. Everything that tablet offers, i can do on my mobile phone.

Dont waste your money.

well my budget isnt exactly large enough for one of the best cellphones,also my eyes are pretty lousy for small things

nah... its just those strict rules of other forums i was on ... im sorry if it sounded mean or anything but thats just how it sounds to me ( i personally DONT CARE if its off topic or not but most people dont understand it at all)

I wish i could recommend a good one but sadly all my money went to a high end PC ... i would really love to play mobile but the current hardware and ventilation/overheating of current handheld devices and tablets is just terrible... i once burned my hand because of a "powerful" pad someone gave me to try out and i was disappointed

What's the issue here? The OP clearly asks about tablets in general in their first post. People freely use 'iPad' and 'tablet' interchangeably in the same way Biro and ballpoint pen, Hoover and vacuum cleaner etc get used, especially those who admit to having little knowledge on the subject. If you haven't ever experienced this, that's your own issue.

For your information you can run Warframe natively on a Microsoft tablet, specifically in my case the Surface Pro 3. That doesn't mean you should or that it's optimal, but if someone wants to and asks about that, so be it.

Secodndly, the Warframe Nexus app is available for both Android and Apple devices, including tablets - and information regarding this is pinned at the start of this forum. If this isn't the place to post asking questions about tablets in relation to WF then feel free to show us where is, all other evidence says otherwise.

OP: feel free to contact me if you want some more information, I'm happy to help

Secodndly, the Warframe Nexus app is available for both Android and Apple devices, including tablets - and information regarding this is pinned at the start of this forum. If this isn't the place to post asking questions about tablets in relation to WF then feel free to show us where is, all other evidence says otherwise.

OP: feel free to contact me if you want some more information, I'm happy to help

and information regarding this is pinned at the start of this forum??? where ???

i totally forgot those apps.. im sorry abourt that but they are stated nowhere (only a drawing tool with actual nice result in which im also interested in)

XD

as i said i dont CARE but already saw comments :

>.> hey when i was shopping for an nvidia card a while ago i made a topic in this section,and it went jsut fine

Errr, off-topic?

thats why and nothing more ... if you had read my post carefully its all explained to what i THINK is meant by his statement Errr, off topic ... i just wanted to actually HELP ... but its look like i talk too much and im sorry for that !

What's the issue here? The OP clearly asks about tablets in general in their first post. People freely use 'iPad' and 'tablet' interchangeably in the same way Biro and ballpoint pen, Hoover and vacuum cleaner etc get used, especially those who admit to having little knowledge on the subject. If you haven't ever experienced this, that's your own issue.

For your information you can run Warframe natively on a Microsoft tablet, specifically in my case the Surface Pro 3. That doesn't mean you should or that it's optimal, but if someone wants to and asks about that, so be it.

ah thank you,the nexus app was also on my mind i just forgot the name

and running warframe at bare minimum settings would be just fine,sometimes all i need to do is log on to feed my kubrow or check a couple things

especially when my 3 year old 654 currency unit (at the time) pc is thrumming with 3d work and other things (bought it from walmart,then upgraded it's components several times),thats my power house.but sometimes my power hosue is too loaded with active work,or i might just feel like some light stuff,and a tablet is better for that in some cases,especially when im sleepy

It seems what you want and what would be best for you is an Surface Pro 2 or 3. it has an waccom/Ntrig digitizer and pen so you can draw (Look them up its a lot better than trying to draw on a tablet without a digitzer, trust me I have an ipad next to me with a $30 pen I bought to draw on it. It made me want to get a tablet with an active pen digitizer.

Pus the surface pro 3 is powerful enough to play a lot of games (Warfame on the go anyone?)

The only con is its price.

That being said this belongs in off topic.

there..now you are expected to drop this argument as yor opinion is no more than a slight fancy for things going your way now,you do not know the rules of this forum well,even enough to make a passing judgement

Apparently I do. Now, I expect you to drop this argument because your opinion is now no more than a slight fancy for things going your way.

It seems what you want and what would be best for you is an Surface Pro 2 or 3. it has an waccom/Ntrig digitizer and pen so you can draw (Look them up its a lot better than trying to draw on a tablet without a digitzer, trust me I have an ipad next to me with a $30 pen I bought to draw on it. It made me want to get a tablet with an active pen digitizer.

Pus the surface pro 3 is powerful enough to play a lot of games (Warfame on the go anyone?)

The only con is its price.

That being said this belongs in off topic.

That's why I recommend the T-100, it's just as, if not more powerful for less than half the price (ASUS also makes the surface hardware but due to licensure the surface has a bigger price tag) the only downside is it's low storage space, which is easily remedied by a high gigabyte microsd card.

That's why I recommend the T-100, it's just as, if not more powerful for less than half the price (ASUS also makes the surface hardware but due to licensure the surface has a bigger price tag) the only downside is it's low storage space, which is easily remedied by a high gigabyte microsd card.

Ill have to look that one up later