Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Augment Mod Slots

Kadanves

I'd be satisfied with 1 and anything more that 2 is probably OPd. Right now tho I think one is necessary and plenty so u can have different builds for specific missions. I go melee Excalibur alot and I need all 8 slots for survivability. Until some adjustments are made to the melee and stamina system I will need all those slots and the augment slot only would be an awesome addition.

I like the idea but think it should be:

1) one slot that only augment can fit (any extra and need to put in regular slots)

2) costs Orokin reactor to open slot only at level 30 and resets frame

3) is wrong polarity and this augment slot cannot be forma.

The last line will make augments cost 11 points instead of 9 if used in the special slot. This also forces you to forma again to maximize your build.

But once all this is done, you will be more powerful and why not, this is pve.

For my Loki build, I'd get to keep Irradiating Disarm and either add a defense mod or likely another duration like constitution. Not a huge boost, and some may argue not worth the trouble, but certainly nice.

Other frames like hydro will benefit hugely since his powers require duration, power, and range. Sacrificing a mod slot for an augment mod is hardly worth it on his frame. The boost is welcome here.

The problem I see is, not all frames are created equal and some will benefit more than others, and some will just have a gimik (ash cloak to team).

It's cool and most players who get hooked on this game are the min/maxers. For them, it's a win / win.

Edited by Educated_Beast

"Red Potato confirmed"

- named... Orokin "Compressor" "Transmutator" "Supercharger" "Turbocharger"

Recipe: Forma + Orokin reactor + detonite ampule  + fieldron sample + X Mutagen sample = Red potato 

It wouldn't reset the frame level but you would have to reach the equivalent amount of affinity to get lo lvl 30 in order to activate it. Then you gain a single Augment slot. The limit is 4 and for each "red potato added" the experience required to activate the next one is doubled. 

1st: level 30 affinity equivalent

2nd: level 30 * 2 affinity equivalent

3rd: level 30 * 4 Affinity equivalent

4th: level 30 * 8 Affinity equivalent 

So like 15 formas time to grind GO!

With this you got a reason to keep playing maxed frames, you gain a cool reward etc 

This was my idea form yesterday...

I think the idea of an additional augment slot is prolly buried under a mound of other ideas that the devs are never gonna get around to.

It's sad too, bacause the small ammount of utility the majority of augment cards give is in most cases null in void due to the fact we'd have to replace essential mods in our build.

Augment Mods are a really cool idea but there is literaly no room for them.

This idea needs to die. We don't need augment slots. There are plenty of players who do just fine fitting augments into their builds and even improving them. If some augments are too weak, then buff those. Adding augment slots does not address the problem of the weaker augments.

This idea needs to die. We don't need augment slots. There are plenty of players who do just fine fitting augments into their builds and even improving them. If some augments are too weak, then buff those. Adding augment slots does not address the problem of the weaker augments.

I forget where Drew said it, but he said they plan to add more than one Augment for each skill. We do need Augment slots.

Too many people keep saying this would make us too powerful when only a few augments really add extreme advantages.

This, and not even extreme. Out of the various augments, you only see a select few selling on trade or being used. Why? Because they're the only decent ones. Total Eclipse, for example (very commonly sold and used) is terrible for general play because of its pathetic range. Only used when you'll be standing near an Excalibur in Draco or steph. Is this the meta? Yes. But it's the natural result of having 5m being next to nothing in the game you've designed.

DE have decided instead of fixing nigh-useless abilities, that they'll introduce mods to make them viable. We shouldn't have to sacrifice a mod slot to make any one specific ability useful, and beyond that, there shouldn't even be useless abilities present in the first place.

I'd be happy with one single augment mod, which would allow you to make one of your otherwise unused abilities viable (if not popular) or strengthen a skill you already use.

you do realize you cant keep buffing everything endlessly right? Adding more slots does not increase variety of builds and only increases the powercreep. Even T4 void is already a cake walk for fully moded frames...then again, some augments are utter crap not worth the slot (IM LOOKING AT YOU SWING LINE!).

Edited by -skimmer-

I forget where Drew said it, but he said they plan to add more than one Augment for each skill. We do need Augment slots.

So? That doesn't entitle us to equip all of them, And once again, I ask, how does adding augment slots fix the issues of weak augments? The answer, it doesn't.

Edited by EetNotErn

So? That doesn't entitle us to equip all of them, And once again, I ask, how does adding augment slots fix the issues of weak augments? The answer, it doesn't.

Perhaps because the augment cards arnt meant to be complete and total game changers, rather just ad a modicum of player advancement. The problem is that to take advantage of the small benifit that these augnent cards provide we're forced to sacrifice ( in most cases ) a slot dedicated to cards that are game changers, and in many instances need just to survive "end-game" content and power creep.

Dedicated augment slots would fix this, and validate the contents existance, which is probably not being utalized by 90+ % percent of the player base due to the reasons given above.

It needs to happen, seriously. 

I should not have to purposely gimp my build for a utility that the ability in question should naturally be doing (Ice Wave Impedance).

If they're going to end up adding an Augment for each ability (so, four total), do they really expect us to sacrifice four slots?

I certainly ain't.  

Augment slots are not the problem, we are powerful enough as is. Augments should be worth the slot and if they aren't, don't use them. Augments should never be band-aids for bad abilities but that shouldn't be the reason to give us more mod space.

Perhaps because the augment cards arnt meant to be complete and total game changers, rather just ad a modicum of player advancement. The problem is that to take advantage of the small benifit that these augnent cards provide we're forced to sacrifice ( in most cases ) a slot dedicated to cards that are game changers, and in many instances need just to survive "end-game" content and power creep.

Dedicated augment slots would fix this, and validate the contents existance, which is probably not being utalized by 90+ % percent of the player base due to the reasons given above.

Where did you get that 90% statistic or did you completely make that up? Also your argument that augments aren't supposed to be a game changer and therefore do not deserve a mod slot makes absolutely no sense. You can say the same for a lot of the regular mods yet the solution isn't to just give us more mod slots. 

There are plenty of augments that are well worth the slot. Giving us an augment slot does nothing to fix the weaker augments, it only means that people are just going to slot the strong augments that players are already slotting.