The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are These Mods Useless?

Afroman12

Does anyone find these mods useless...

Handspring - Not knocked down enough to even justify this. Lower the point cost and add stun resistance to it?

Retribution - Not enough melee people except for Infested. Should instead be replaced with a reflecting effect to bounce back bullets at a chance.

Steel Fiber - I'll use the points from this into Fast Deflection. I don't know how to fix this... I'll never have to use it with as high as my shields are. Just gotta make sure to take cover if things get too heated.

Thief's Wit - It doesn't show the most important things on the minimap. Show Mods, Resources, and Lockers (openable lootable things). Lower the cost too.

Vitality - Why not take Redirection... you know Shields because they regenerate? Add regenerating to this as well... it'd make it more appealing. It'd also make Steel Fiber more appealing as well.

Metal Auger / Seeking Force - Piercing enemies in hopes for another enemy to be behind it... yeah. Works great against Shield Lancers though! No idea what to do for it...

Thunderclap - 15% max for 9 points? Wut? They are dead before that chance even comes about. Raise chances to 45%?

Stopping Power - 7 points but the same as Thunderclap... Again... 45%.

Staggering Force - Same as Thunderclap... 45%.

Revenge - The Shades gun is garbage. Give the Shade a different skill or something or a better gun.

Edit: I could also suggest removing Vitality and Steel Fiber and instead make a 3rd Shield Mod to toughen shields. That would of course mean changing how armor works and make it so armor would have to increase toughness in Shields.

Edited by BakaGamer

All those mods, but Max Ammo isn't listed?

Hmm.

Max Ammo is helpful to me in some situations. I kept running out on my ammo on higher level defense missions and it helped out with those few more magazines.

I use Max Ammo on a few guns and it saves my life some times for certain guns that hemorage ammo like the Gorgon and Twin Vipers

This pretty much. Grakata as well when I was leveling that damned thing. Dear lord that thing gobbled ammo up more than the people of Epic Meal Time eat Bacon.

Edit: I also forgot to add if we're going down that path of uselessness that would add Critcal Hits into the mess as only certain guns much like Max Ammo can find those mods useful. Anything with a 10% Crit Rate or Higher would make good use of them.

Edited by BakaGamer

Vitality is actually REALLY helpful. There's some things that tear right trough your shields, leaving you only your health (and armor) to keep you alive.

Leech Ospreys can drain your shields FAST. Ancient Disruptors take your shields out in one hit. All enemies on higher levels can eat through your shields in a few seconds.

It also helps against poison damage, since that ignores your shields and armor completely.

Now, Steel Fiber, on the other hand, is pretty useless for any character with less than 100 base armor, and even then isn't that useful for them either.

Vit is important My frost has 900+ shields but it disappears quite fast in high level missions (like killing level 55 grineer) the 600+ HP helps me tank while waiting for the shield refill from shade. Fast deflection is nice, but i have no space for it and it takes a while before it kicks in. I rarely go without vit... except for frames with HPs of 450 up like Saryn (with the normal helm)

Some of those are situational like retribution (works wonderfully with a loki)

The stun mods though are a joke.

All the puncture mods are pointless except for Metal Auger. Maxed, it gets +.6 m of puncture. It does wonders for my snipetron; like a no charge Paris.

Handspring - Not knocked down enough to even justify this. Lower the point cost and add stun resistance to it?

Don't have it yet and won't use it but some people like stuff like this. Better to have variety than fewer mods.

Retribution - Not enough melee people except for Infested. Should instead be replaced with a reflecting effect to bounce back bullets at a chance.

Ya this mod would be good if it were fire or frost damage because infested are very resistant to lighning.

Steel Fiber - I'll use the points from this into Fast Deflection. I don't know how to fix this... I'll never have to use it with as high as my shields are. Just gotta make sure to take cover if things get too heated.

High armor classes benefit a big deal from this like Rhino or Frost and even Saryn but ya.. shields > armor

Thief's Wit - It doesn't show the most important things on the minimap. Show Mods, Resources, and Lockers (openable lootable things). Lower the cost too.

crap mod

Vitality - Why not take Redirection... you know Shields because they regenerate? Add regenerating to this as well... it'd make it more appealing. It'd also make Steel Fiber more appealing as well.

Without Vitality mod a Toxic ancient will end you fast.

Metal Auger / Seeking Force - Piercing enemies in hopes for another enemy to be behind it... yeah. Works great against Shield Lancers though! No idea what to do for it...

crap mod

Thunderclap - 15% max for 9 points? Wut? They are dead before that chance even comes about. Raise chances to 45%?

crap mod

crap mod

melee is a different story.. can be usefull on multitarget weapons

Revenge - The Shades gun is garbage. Give the Shade a different skill or something or a better gun.

You forgot Guardian ^^ Fully modded, overcharged sentinel weapons can kill lvl 15 Corpus in 2 attacks.. that's pretty much it.

Edit: I could also suggest removing Vitality and Steel Fiber and instead make a 3rd Shield Mod to toughen shields. That would of course mean changing how armor works and make it so armor would have to increase toughness in Shields.

My thoughts...

Yes.

No. What others said for Vitality, and Thief's Wit has helped me find mods in defense missions in some... awkward? positions.

Like on an invisible wall in the air above the upper mountainside doorway in the new Corpus Outpost defense mission. Had a hell of a time grabbing it, too.

I use vitality because I do many missions solo. Without a teammate to revive you, getting that extra health really helps out. Also, since I play a Frost, the % health increase helps me much more than others.
Steel fiber is great because it makes my Frost more tanky. Since Frost has high armor, the mod helps me out much more than others. I never really use my energy all that often, nor do I need to.

In conclusion, both vitality and steel fiber are useful to me.

The only 2 I disagree with (haven't used or seen staggering force) because toxic ancients will end you pretty fast if they get close to you. And for steel fiber, I find you if you get surrounded by enemies (or are just rushing through a mission you dislike/got a 2nd objective you dislike) and start taking HP damage the extra survivability really helps. (and if you get stunlocked by some infested etc, your shields might fall fairly fast)

This pretty much. Grakata as well when I was leveling that damned thing. Dear lord that thing gobbled ammo up more than the people of Epic Meal Time eat Bacon.

Edit: I also forgot to add if we're going down that path of uselessness that would add Critcal Hits into the mess as only certain guns much like Max Ammo can find those mods useful. Anything with a 10% Crit Rate or Higher would make good use of them.

I feel like Max Ammo is FAR more generally applicable than Crit anything. You need a highly specific weapon to effectively use anything Crit related. Meanwhile, given a long enough mission with a low enough number of ammo drops, any weapon potentially has a use for Max Ammo.

For me, Max Mag Capacity is far worse than Max Ammo. It's EXCEPTIONALLY situational, I find. Generally speaking, you don't need that kind of sustained fire, or the magazine is already so short you'd be far better off focusing on reload speed.

Of all the useless mods the Metal Auger / Seeking Force are the worst offenders. Not only are they ridiculously high costing to level but once leveled to the max they are completely worthless. Waste of a slot, money, time, and hopes. You can shoot through a shield or just shoot the exposed head / foot of the shielded enemy. METAL AUGER / SEEKING FORCE S SO WORTHLESS $%* OFF. arrrggggh I hate those mods so much. Maybe that is the point make them cost so much that people never even try them well people did try them and they fail hard.

Edited by Kanary

Everyone has their own opinions of whats useful and whats not.

Myself I find Vitality,Steel fiber, and puncture mods very useful.

I will agree most enemies in the game die too fast for the stun mods to be really useful, however it's kind of useful on tougher enemies.

Everyone has their own opinions of whats useful and whats not.

Myself I find Vitality,Steel fiber, and puncture mods very useful.

I will agree most enemies in the game die too fast for the stun mods to be really useful, however it's kind of useful on tougher enemies.

I only find the puncture mods worth a damn on shotguns/Bronco when up against infested. No other weapon/enemy combination makes any real use of them.

Now when you can hit that combination, and you use it just right, the satisfaction is ridiculous.

Make steel fiber increase armor by a flat amount not by % maybe?  (All though there may be balance issues with that as there may be a reason why some warframe have 10 armor and some have 150 armor)

Vit needs to have a 0.5% regen based on max HP. So that higher HP you have more you regen making it worth over shield? Especially if you use the flat armor with it.

10 armour is ~9.1% damage reduction, 50 is 33.33%, 100 is 50% and 150 is 60% (Formula of: armour / 100 + armour) so a flat could work but it's definatly going to give the 10 armour more than the 150's.  Though as it stands the % increase is less benefit than vitality point for point.

Lower armours usualy have more shields or energy (though thats kind of a moot point on disruptors).