Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can The Naeglar Rushers Just Make Solo Games Instead?

Zephyrine

The only thing I have against rushers is the fact that dropped credits are automatically shared between players when collected.

If some people don't take the time to kill the mobs/open the containers, then they don't deserve to get what they drops, it's as simple as that.

Don't do the thing, don't deserve to get the rewards.

Of course then, if only the one who picks up the credits/resources gets the loot, then we'd have looters who make it their sole purpose to rush ahead of the group, opening lockers and containers and taking everything in their way and leaving you with jack. Borderlands 2 was a great example of this problem. That would just screw up the co-op even further and increase tension between players.

And really, I am just sick of all these anti-rusher threads. As others have said, it's two sides of a coin. Your playstyle should not be THE playstyle. Just because you like to take it slow and crawl along searching every nook and cranny for those one or two bonus credits, doesn't mean everyone should follow you with it, especially in a public game which, *gasp*, IS PUBLIC. Because it's a public game of strangers, people can do whatever they want. They can rush if they want to, and they can crawl if they want to, there is and should not be some kind of law stating "YOU MUST RUSH" or "YOU MUST SNAIL". If you are so intent on playing a certain way, then find those who suit your playstyle and friend them, or join a clan and play private games. Stop crying about people not playing your way in public games, GEEZ.

I don't understand how someone could need a party to rush phorid, surely they have a frame capable(Loki/Ash + gram/scindo or dark sword/plasma sword) of soloing phorid if they're intending to frequently rush on eris.

It shouldn't take them more than 5 minutes/run when solo.

Of course then, if only the one who picks up the credits/resources gets the loot, then we'd have looters who make it their sole purpose to rush ahead of the group, opening lockers and containers and taking everything in their way and leaving you with jack. Borderlands 2 was a great example of this problem. That would just screw up the co-op even further and increase tension between players.

I call bullS#&$ on you, you are sprouting lies.

Actually the dropped credits are the only directly shared item, the other ones do not, and they are spawned for each client so each player can have his, always; if a drop is retrievable for anyone then it is for everyone in the game.

But for the creds which are directly given to everyone as soon as anyone collect them, as it shouldn't be, people should have to directy collect theirs to get them, without acting as entitled freeloaders leeching off a party

There shouldn't be any reward for someone who didn't deserve it.

You want the stuff, any stuff ?

You farm it, you do not rush/stay at spawnpoint, waiting for the others to do the hard work so you can get their rightful rewards.

i'm not a rusher...it's not my fault other players don't have fang/dual zoren

Got the case recently, another player was not rushing but was killing things so fast I could only down one mob before he killed them all each and every time.

Certainly a case of opti gear/mods + potato + better skill than mine, but such a difference was disheartening.

Hopefully, it doesn't happen too often.

Anyone can solo Phorid since he just gets stuck between the crates anyway.

And patience is not something you have time for on an assassination map because once the rusher has killed the boss. The map marker changes to the extraction.

CRATES?!

i must youtube this

I hate when people feel the need to open every damn canister while I sit at an extraction or elevator.

Is it possible that the "rusher" is running at an average speed, and everyone else is taking their sweet time trying to practice with their glaives? I swear these glaives have made everything slower since their release.

So me as a team player should make solo games because that is better suited for my playstyle where as the rusher who abandons the team is better suited for public games?

You don't necessarily have to play solo but maybe you should find some people that play the way you do if you get so incredibly irritated at other peoples playstyles. If you don't like it just do something about instead of whining about it.

You don't necessarily have to play solo but maybe you should find some people that play the way you do if you get so incredibly irritated at other peoples playstyles. If you don't like it just do something about instead of whining about it.

A statement that would carry so much more weight if you didn't come into this thread whining.

Edited by Zephyrine

MY FUN IS BETTER THAN YOUR FUN!

PROTIP: People have no control over who they join but the host does have a choice of Private or Solo modes. It's part of why DE urges you to join a clan as well.

I still want better host/join options, though. But keep accusing random players of stuff they have no control over, instead of directing complaints at those who could fix it.

Edited by Zinn

So me as a team player should make solo games because that is better suited for my playstyle where as the rusher who abandons the team is better suited for public games?

Don't you find this post a bit ironic? Wasn't the OP about "Rushers" making their own Private game because people like you don't see this type of playstyle as suited for Public games. Hmm..

after the update where you need half the team at extraction point, then i say its you that slow, if your gonna be wandering every inch of the map then just solo, some people are interested in missions and don't really care about seeing every part of the map

and don't say im practically one of the rushers, i solo every mission. i don't rush and i don't fall behind either

I've encountered a situation multiple times where I'm traveling the map at an average, if not hurried pace, fighting only as is necessary to stay alive, where another player kills the boss before I even get to the boss room, and reaches the exit before I even know what's going on.  I don't know where the boss drop is because the waypoint changes so I can't loot, and I've got a whole map of mobs to trudge through just to get to extraction.

Please, people who are suggesting that everyone else is just slow, stop.  Just as it's unfair to generalize all players who finish maps quickly as "rushers,"this is an unfair generalization against everyone else.  Not everyone complaining about this searches for every crate and locker.  Fighting mobs in your path is not "slow."

Edited by Cursor

Don't you find this post a bit ironic? Wasn't the OP about "Rushers" making their own Private game because people like you don't see this type of playstyle as suited for Public games. Hmm..

Not at all. If people want to play alone then they should. And not make public games.

You are there, only because they cant do it by themselves

Actually, you are there because you cant do it by yourself too. Otherwise you wouldnt be in a group....

If you cant stand people who play their own way in online, dont play online or simply dont complain about it in threads. This wont change anything. It simply wastes space that could be used for better threads....

Edited by Venarge

Both playstyles are certainly valid ..

However, there appears to be a slight asymmetry in that the rusher has a greater ability to cause grief for the non rusher.

The non-rusher can be subjected to: loss of mission credits, loss of waypoint to boss and boss rewards, and full spawns in their way.

The rusher can be subjected to having to wait at a door and having to do everything alone. A pair of rushers merely need to 2-man all objectives.

(excluding missions that involve data carrying, where the consequences are more severe, and, for that matter, everyone can be hosed by a griefer carrier)

So, while there are two valid playstyles, when they collide, one suffers disproportinately. Thus the threads requesting a change in behavior. 

Edited by beol

Both playstyles are certainly valid ..

However, there appears to be a slight asymmetry in that the rusher has a greater ability to cause grief for the non rusher.

The non-rusher can be subjected to: loss of mission credits, loss of waypoint to boss and boss rewards, and full spawns in their way.

The rusher can be subjected to having to wait at a door and having to do everything alone. A pair of rushers merely need to 2-man all objectives.

(excluding missions that involve data carrying, where the consequences are more severe, and, for that matter, everyone can be hosed by a griefer carrier)

So, while there are two valid playstyles, when they collide, one suffers disproportinately. Thus the threads requesting a change in behavior. 

Pretty much this.

BrianRyan, Zephyrine - it'd be nice if you two agreed to disagree about who is whining/whatever. It isn't like it is likely either of you will change your opinion on the matter.

Plus, it is just a bit off topic at this stage. You are just starting to go back and forth with the "No U" thing.

Edit: I think I'm speaking for every established player out there when I say that there are a lot of people that are so incredibly slow, I mean jeez you can move and kill at the same time.

you don't seem to understand.

it is mandatory to clean that spawn in front of you. mandatory.

then and only then should you proceed half-way to the next spawn and clean it. and when you've finally cleaned it, it is mandatory to turn back and clean the enemies, swarming you from behind, that the previous spawn respawned.

and by the time you dispatch those, the second spawn, now in your back, will have respawned. which makes it mandatory to clean it again.

and by then it doesn't matter which spawn was first, or what the real objective was, you can proceed to clean those two spawn alternatively forever and ever.

wait, did i say can? no, you must, cause it's mandatory.

and just forget about the objectives, it's not like those were the necessary and sufficient conditions to fulfill the mission. that's just good for rushers anyway.

/sarcasm

BrianRyan, Zephyrine - it'd be nice if you two agreed to disagree about who is whining/whatever. It isn't like it is likely either of you will change your opinion on the matter.

Plus, it is just a bit off topic at this stage. You are just starting to go back and forth with the "No U" thing.

For this they should have you knighted.