The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kohm

Hatzeputt

Whoever thought up this latest nerf, take your belongings and go, take your Boltor P wall pic or whatever and please never plague us EVER again because this change butchered the Kohm for no sane reason at all other than it could challenge the Boltor P  for the ones who knew how to mod and use it and you simply could not have that could you? 

No nerf it to shiat , but never touch the holy cows Soma, Boltor P, and the bows. 

Congratulations you just lost 1 spending customer as I will still play the game but I will not spend a nickel on it ever again with imbeciles like this game designer around who felt like this was necessary. 

I was afraid of a another nerf that is why I lobbied on the forums to not raise awareness that this was a quite good albeit expensive weapon. You killed it congratulations, did you hire any ex Red 5 employees as of late? Or Matthew Ward?     

I expected a S Gammacor nerf but this on top just does it 10 forma and the time to level them...no more money for you......  

AND STILL NO NERF TO THE BOLTOR P or a fix to sniper weapons.

Edited by Hatzeputt

You're fine with a nerf to the Synoid Gammacor's 58k DPS, but you flip out over a nerf to the Kohm's 100k? Kindly rethink your entire argument from the ground up.

If DE lost you as a customer because they nerfed the most insanely overpowered weapon in the game, then you probably shouldn't be playing Warframe anyways.

I predict a warning point for developer bashing in your very near future...

Edited by 4G3NT_0R4NG3

Same story bro( I played with this gun alot and had my fun. Yesterday i could kill enemies like lvl 38-40 with my loadout of mods and today this ting isn't capable to oneshot poor lvl 1 greneer marine on the excavation mission. Look at the damage stats they were 15-15-45 AND NOW IT's 6-6-18!!! NICE! I have no primary weapon now. This thing is garbage ammo waster now. I liked bullets trail and arc I even could correct my fire and snipe some enemies behind a cover with it, also it seems like kohm have no more punch through and random spread pattern is terrible(

Same story bro( I played with this gun alot and had my fun. Yesterday i could kill enemies like lvl 38-40 with my loadout of mods and today this ting isn't capable to oneshot poor lvl 1 greneer marine on the excavation mission. Look at the damage stats they were 15-15-45 AND NOW IT's 6-6-18!!! NICE! I have no primary weapon now. This thing is garbage ammo waster now. I liked bullets trail and arc I even could correct my fire and snipe some enemies behind a cover with it, also it seems like kohm have no more punch through and random spread pattern is terrible(

Before the most recent nerf, the Kohm was the only weapon in the game capable of achieving higher DPS than the Synoid Gammacor. Nearly twice the Synoid's, to be precise. Before the nerf, I was of the firm belief that Warframe would have been a better game if the Kohm had never received any stat changes after release, becasue another crappy weapon is preferable to one that makes everything else redundant. The fact that you are now left without a primary weapon is just more proof that the Kohm was poorly balanced, if the 100k DPS wasn't enough already.

Before the most recent nerf, the Kohm was the only weapon in the game capable of achieving higher DPS than the Synoid Gammacor. Nearly twice the Synoid's, to be precise. Before the nerf, I was of the firm belief that Warframe would have been a better game if the Kohm had never received any stat changes after release, becasue another crappy weapon is preferable to one that makes everything else redundant. The fact that you are now left without a primary weapon is just more proof that the Kohm was poorly balanced, if the 100k DPS wasn't enough already.

I dont care about what it can be in theory on paper with fully upgraded primed and events mods with 8 formas spent on this weapon, those guys maybe wont notice any difference, for me this shotgun turned into ammo hungry smg. The fact that i left without primary weapon shows how badly weapons scaling with difficulty and enemy's level.  

Edited by Grom-84

what i enjoyed the most from kohm the most was everything taken away from it...

PS the 100k deeps only count if every pellet hit the target. damage from the barrel is VASTLY different from what hits the enemy

PS 2.0= the kohm now does more damage from the barrel but has damage falloff

Edited by OvAeons

What are you talking about?  The newest Kohm iteration is nearly identical to the iteration before the pellet count nerf stats wise.  This is exactly the iteration that Kohm fans wanted it to go back to.  It just has hitscan to prevent GPUs from frying, and damage falloff, which is redundant since the thing basically has an effective range of 10 meters to land half the pellets.

Edited by Sonitorum

btw i feel sorry for those guys who got their gamacors nerfed. People had fun time with it, i was glad for them and wasn't jealous at all.

And i haven't encountered any "Gpu frying" because of particle trails. As for those who have weaker pc - Why not to make a stupid chekbox in Graphic setting to disable weapon's particle effects globally like it was made for melee weapons for example?

Edited by Grom-84

I dont care about what it can be in theory on paper with fully upgraded primed and events mods with 8 formas spent on this weapon, those guys maybe wont notice any difference, for me this shotgun turned into ammo hungry smg.

Just because you don't care doesn't mean the Kohm's apocalyptic DPS made every other weapon redundant. If a weapon has nearly twice the DPS of the next best weapon, it needs a nerf. Would you argue otherwise?

The fact that i left without primary weapon shows how badly weapons scaling with difficulty and enemy's level.  

This is because of a flaw with enemy scaling, not the Kohm. You can't blame the Kohm for the game's enemy scaling issues.

btw i feel sorry for those guys who got their gamacors nerfed. People had fun time with it, i was glad for them and wasn't jealous at all.

Don't feel sorry. The Synoid got what was coming to it, and the DPS was hardly lowered at all. The only real nerf was to the ammo efficiency, which forces people to play smarter and use their limited ammo more tactically. I hope the Synoid will come to fill the role that the Twin Wraith vipers did, where it provides extremely high DPS for an extremely limited time.

And i haven't encountered any "Gpu frying" because of particle trails. As for those who have weaker pc - Why not to make a stupid chekbox in Graphic setting to disable weapon's particle effects globally like it was made for melee weapons for example?

Absolutely. There must be a good reason for not doing that, but I cant think of any.

I havent used Kohm since the update, but im dreading it. They really did take away every quirk that made me like the Kohm.

Edited by DarkTails

Just because you don't care doesn't mean the Kohm's apocalyptic DPS made every other weapon redundant. If a weapon has nearly twice the DPS of the next best weapon, it needs a nerf. Would you argue otherwise?

This is because of a flaw with enemy scaling, not the Kohm. You can't blame the Kohm for the game's enemy scaling issues.

Don't feel sorry. The Synoid got what was coming to it, and the DPS was hardly lowered at all. The only real nerf was to the ammo efficiency, which forces people to play smarter and use their limited ammo more tactically. I hope the Synoid will come to fill the role that the Twin Wraith vipers did, where it provides extremely high DPS for an extremely limited time.

And I said the same! The problem wasn't the kohm, the problem is in poor overall weapon's damage scaling with the difficulty)  Why taking away kohm instead of giving some buffs to other higher level weapons? for example - double that pathetic base damage for that goddamned soma/boltor prime. All would be happy this way and would stop whining about numbers, when some previous tier weapons in some *exclusive* conditions outdamages those which are supposed to be the better ones.

Edited by Grom-84

Why the hell did DE have to take a new unique and fun weapon and remove everything that was unique and fun about it? Why turn it into a regular boring shot/machinegun? Now its just as boring as every shotgun....

Before the most recent nerf, the Kohm was the only weapon in the game capable of achieving higher DPS than the Synoid Gammacor. Nearly twice the Synoid's, to be precise.

Except that number is purely hypothetical. Doing a "max damage" build on the Kohm made its maximum effective range about 10 meters due to the enormous cone of spray, and made your ammo economy unsustainable. To use the gun to its best practical effect requires ammo mutation (taking up a slot that could have been DPS-oriented), and tainted shell (taking another slot that could have been DPS-oriented and reducing rate of fire).

The people I saw that were actually using and enjoying the Kohm weren't using your 100K DPS hypothetical build, because it wasn't actually very good in the game. It's the same with people that put up builds for dual vipers that have gunslinger and anemic agility...Yeah, it looks cool on paper, but that's not even remotely practical in the actual game.

You're fine with a nerf to the Synoid Gammacor's 58k DPS, but you flip out over a nerf to the Kohm's 100k? Kindly rethink your entire argument from the ground up.

If DE lost you as a customer because they nerfed the most insanely overpowered weapon in the game, then you probably shouldn't be playing Warframe anyways.

your numbers are absolutely out of sync with reality. i wonder you just copied the numbers and havent ever played/studied kohm. based on kohm's mechanics, its current effective dps should be far less than synoid gammacor's, except that all enemies standing still and let you shoot them at their face.

Edit: Grammar.

Lol...wat.

Do you even know what hit-scan and damage fallof mean? Unless you have a flood of enemies frozen still, just sitting in front of you, not moving, just waiting for those heavily nerfed bullets to hit them dead in the face is when numbers taken at face value will actually mean anything.

Edit: Grammar.

Edited by universalfap

I would have been OK with the other changes, except for the ammo consumption. There is no scenario where a weapon that runs out of ammo on an exterminate mission will ever be useful to me.

At this point I would do better with a boar prime simply because I can keep it stocked with mutation and I don't have to deal with horrendous spool up time.

About all I took away from this, besides being very annoyed, is there no point in bothering to care about any new releases until they are at least several months old. Apparently DE releases new things without testing them and has no qualms about completely changing them, so buyer beware.

Been using Kohm since U16 while largely ignorant of the changes.

Still has latent punch through, still keeps good accuracy at range with a half-ranked Tainted Shell, and took it to solo the 10 wave defence at the end of the Chroma quest and i didnt drop below 700 reserve ammo once.

And the damage falloff barely felt like it was there.

Best thing about this change? Being hitscan means it gets all the benefits of Electric Shield now.

Considering you need to find a clip for every 3 shots at full spool, I have a tendency to think you are just exaggerating.

Anyhow, to each his own I suppose, though I think if they are going to drastically change a weapon or frames functionality to the point its basically a different weapon then some type of compensation should be offered if you want to remove the potato and forma and things because you hate it now. I don't much care for having my time wasted.

But why should we settle for a crappy weapon when DE can take the time to test damage values that are balanced compared to the rest of the game? Is game design that black and white to you?